Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People having a slash in the street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

skoomi wrote: »
    We should go European style and just build public urinals out in the open.

You don't go to Europe very often, do you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its a problem where I live too, The council installed public piss booths but people won't use them anymore after a guy got trapped in one overnight when the automatic door mechanism failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

skoomi wrote: »
    We should go European urea-peein' style and just build public urinals out in the open.

Where would you pee be without me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Was walking home from Dublin City Centre late last night and went through Temple Bar for a change. The clubs where closing and people where spilling out - the walls where chock a block with lads pissing against them. One of the people I was with (she is from Romania) was absolutely disguisted by the display, but it got me to thinking whether the fine and hygenic citizens of AH find such a common occurance offensive when they come across it? It seems more common here than overseas...

Just a minor point. There's nothing unhygienic about piss. It's sterile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Guns n Roses?
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

Gbear wrote: »
    Just a minor point. There's nothing unhygienic about piss. It's sterile.

It's a body fluid. You could catch all sorts if the person had it to pass on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Chuck Barry would love this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's a body fluid. You could catch all sorts if the person had it to pass on.

Chinese Pisspers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

At least they don't all **** on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Its stories like this that would put me off using public portaloos:
    In another incident, gardai chased a group of youths after they toppled a portaloo, while a man attempted to go to the toilet. The man, who was covered in urine as a result, alerted gardai who attempted to catch those responsible.

http://www.herald.ie/news/frontline-services-struggle-with-paddys-mayhem-3054534.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

One day I was in the park when I heard a child screaming about needing to go to the toilet. The mother just pulled down his trousers and let him go right there. I had to step back to avoid getting urine on my shoes. I don't care how young a child is, their urine is as disgusting as any adults. If there was no toilet nearby this would be understandable but there was a public toilet about twenty feet away.

Another time I was coming out of Tesco after doing some late night shopping when I turned around and saw someone urinating in the car park. He started laughing at me. He didn't even bother making any effort to hide what he was doing. The disgusting scumbag had no shame whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Its stories like this that would put me off using public portaloos:

http://www.herald.ie/news/frontline-services-struggle-with-paddys-mayhem-3054534.html

At least he can be thankful he didn't end up covered in his or someone elses faeces. That wouldn't have been nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Was walking home from Dublin City Centre late last night and went through Temple Bar for a change. The clubs where closing and people where spilling out - the walls where chock a block with lads pissing against them. One of the people I was with (she is from Romania) was absolutely disguisted by the display, but it got me to thinking whether the fine and hygenic citizens of AH find such a common occurance offensive when they come across it? It seems more common here than overseas...

It looks absolutely foul. Although there should be no difference between genders, it somehow looks a million times worse when a 'woman' does it.

Also, what relevance does your friends nationality have here? you don't have to be a non-national to find it disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Abi wrote: »
    It looks absolutely foul. Although there should be no difference between genders, it somehow looks a million times worse when a 'woman' does it.

Also, what relevance does your friends nationality have here? you don't have to be a non-national to find it disgusting.

Simply pointing out that her shock was a result of it being unusual in her country. It's so commonplace here at closing time that I'm completely desensitized to it myself. It is foul though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It's definitely more taboo in Ireland.

I've seen people of all ages, at all hours, pissing in the street when I lived in Spain and the Czech Republic. Passers-by are unconcerned, it's nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Revolting practice. Indulged in by utter scumbags.

I think we should import lots of candiru fish to live in our drains and puddles, and to swim up the urine flow of any street pee-er, causing unbearable pain and suffering. Make the time match the crime and so forth. With the Irish climate they're sure to thrive here.

It's genius, frankly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

People having a slash in the street

Misleading thread title, I thought this was a thread about Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

LordSmeg wrote: »
    But its self inflicted. If it was a kid making a fuss in the back of a car he'd be scolded for not going before he left the house and drinking so much orange juice.

If it was a fat bloke who took a dump he'd be called a fat greedy bastard who should stop eating if he didnt wanna shít himself. Why is it different for drinking ? Its a criminal offence, you dont want to break the law and piss like an animal in the street then dont drink so much.

:rolleyes:
    Revolting practice. Indulged in by utter scumbags.

I think we should import lots of candiru fish to live in our drains and puddles, and to swim up the urine flow of any street pee-er, causing unbearable pain and suffering. Make the time match the crime and so forth. With the Irish climate they're sure to thrive here.

It's genius, frankly.
    That's silly, if you're going to piss in the street, pissing in the drain would be the most acceptable imo.

Are there specific laws against it? Has anyone ever seen the gardai enforcing them if so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I only condone peeing against a tree while doing a handstand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

:rolleyes:

I take it your one of those who indulges themselves to the point that they cannot control their bodily urges and are forced to piss in a main street ?

Your rolling your eyes because you think this shouldnt be mentioned but should be ignored to allow you to continue indulging yourself and pissing on a main street because "when ya gotta go, ya gotta go".

Am I close ?

Are there specific laws against it? Has anyone ever seen the gardai enforcing them if so?

Yes and yes.

LordSmeg wrote: »
    I take it your one of those who indulges themselves to the point that they cannot control their bodily urges and are forced to piss in a main street ?

Your rolling your eyes because you think this shouldnt be mentioned but should be ignored to allow you to continue indulging yourself and pissing on a main street because "when ya gotta go, ya gotta go".

Am I close ?

In fairness, if the drinking has been done it cannot be undone, and I would rather people (discretely) pissed against a wall than do themselves an injury by holding it in if it came down to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I mean I know public toilets are horrible, horrible things but surely they must be preferable to a street?
    Public toilets are mostly non-existent in Dublin, so not all that surprising when everyone pisses against the wall.

Honestly; what do people think will happen? That they hold it for an hour? This would cause the lads injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've never seen a public toilet in Dublin city centre to the best of my recollection. Saw a few lads pissing on a side street when I was walking along fade street a week ago. Fair enough like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I urinate in the streets very regularly. It tends to be a lot handier than ducking into a McDonalds or Burger King. I do it during the day sometimes too, but only really if I'm going through Stephen's green or something. I did urinate on College green once in broad daylight and I wasn't caught!

In fairness, if the drinking has been done it cannot be undone, and I would rather people (discretely) pissed against a wall than do themselves an injury by holding it in if it came down to it...

That doesnt excuse it, the problem isnt people who have no other choice but to piss in the street the problem is people choosing to put themselves in that position and they do that to indulge themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

as a young fella i was arrested for peeing against a wall in public albeit at night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

as a young fella i was arrested for peeing against a wall in public albeit at night
    Was there an associated public drunken, disorder component? Was there a fine? Overnight stay?

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Was there an associated public drunken, disorder component? Was there a fine? Overnight stay?

Would seem a tad harsh wouldn't it?

Advertisement