Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Atheism an Ice Cream?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Improbable wrote: »
    What does this mean for those of us that make our own ice cream?
    You're new age. Possibly a hippy. Druid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Jernal wrote: »
    You knew it was coming!:D Now Discuss.

Personally, I'd say so, and I'm proud to say I was once a Malted Ice (Tea) Cream. :)

People like ice cream, and people also like being atheists. Clearly then atheism must be an ice cream, otherwise how could you like it.

(that actually makes more sense that some of the arguments that atheism is a religion :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Zombrex wrote: »
    People like ice cream, and people also like being atheists. Clearly then atheism must be an ice cream, otherwise how could you like it.

Ahhh, but that says nothing about what flavour of ice cream atheism is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Gbear wrote: »
    It's probably just as well that Dades actually goes to bed sometimes.
    Having just read this thread I completely agree. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dades wrote: »
    Having just read this thread I completely agree. :pac:

That atheism is an ice cream? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

As Jernal said, "Ice cream isn't alive". At least it's a "thing" though which makes it harder to objectify atheism. If I am to do this though, I see no reason to do nothing other than project my own opinion as fact and reiterate ad nausium.

Atheism IS an ice cream and your petty protestations at something I will not divert from will be deemed pathetic and "just as bad as me".

You are all so lucky it's not a hundred years ago when we could, quite easily, "re-educate through force" you as we did with the great crusade against the lactose intolerant. Yes, we stuffed them good.....full of Avonmore super full milk. Their attempt to introduce "bacteria" into the holy jelly, vanilla and 7-Up trinity was blasphony and donkey turtle almighty waaaaaloodle di-dooo ah ha you thickos ha.

The growing threat of those who have mere thoughts of "making your own ice cream" is even worse than those lactose intolerants though. I have read in the HB manual no less, the authority on everything in the universe, that these people will, after they die, sit on a window ledge during a very hot day (like today :D) and melt in such a way as akin to a vienetta with it's delicate chocolate limbs being the last to break after everything else falls asunder in excruciating pain and then starts again from scratch for ETER-NINI!!!

My I.Q. may only be 85 (bonus points for sci-fi reference) but by golly you will not try to subvert my blissful ignorance in the one thing I can escape into and use to remove any of my responsibilities from.

You're all just poo heads.

Grand Cardinal of Romantica,
    Cornetto Solero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

2Xk5f.jpg

proof if ever there was that atheism is evil :pac:

smokingman wrote: »
    My I.Q. may only be 85 (bonus points for sci-fi reference)

Ralph Brown in Alien3?

Links234 wrote: »
    Ralph Brown in Alien3?

...and the years supply of banana splits goes to...this man! :D

(still actually love that movie...did I ever tell you I won a radio show ticket to the premier in the Savoy when I was small....hell of an adventure!)

...and the years supply of banana splits goes to...this man!
    Dammit, I totally knew that quote!

Stupid Eurovision distracting me from the big prize. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

2Xk5f.jpg

proof if ever there was that atheism is evil :pac:

IA!

(still actually love that movie...did I ever tell you I won a radio show ticket to the premier in the Savoy when I was small....hell of an adventure!)
    woman actually ;)

I still love it too, I know it has it's flaws, but hell was it dark and bleak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The weather being what it is lately, I have no trouble at all with worshipping ice cream.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

So what type of ice-cream is best to nail to the ceiling? Personally I think it would either be a Brunch or an Ice-Berger.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

woman actually ;)

What flaws? My favourite .

woman actually ;)

My sincere apologies Madam. Crackin movie alright but I often wonder what it would have been like if they included the bits from the original screenplay....the cow alien, prisoners turning into eggs etc.

Anyhoosies...back on topic.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE Super Split!

I was ay a barbecue yesterday and someone brought what I thought were ice creams, but turned out to be frozen jelly on a stick. They were kinda wobbly and floppy, which made innuendo inevitable when the pink ones were brought out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I make my own ice cream. I make many flavours. People gather to eat my ice cream - I AM A GOD!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I think we need to setup a peer review system so as to decide exactly what is and isnt ice cream

I am going to peer review a '99 with nutty crunch dip after lunch.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    I think we need to setup a peer review system so as to decide exactly what is and isnt ice cream

plus we need a plan to deal with those damnable sorbets.

IF ICE CREAM EVOLVED FROM MILK WHY ARE THERE STILL COWS

Sarky wrote: »
    IF ICE CREAM EVOLVED FROM MILK WHY ARE THERE STILL COWS

Ice cream is a new species which evolved when some chickens and cows got kinky with some sugar beet during a blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    plus we need a plan to deal with those damnable sorbets.

Exactly, and dont even get me started on Gelato, damned italians

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If God is so kind and loving, why does he send Twisters to destroy people's homes?

Penn wrote: »
    If God is so kind and loving, why does he send Twisters to destroy people's homes?

Silly Penn - the ice cream needs to be churned to stop ice crystals forming. It's not His fault if humans exercising free will have chosen to live in unnatural structures instead of out in the open like he intended us to.
    God is just trying to make sure we get smooth ice cream by churning up the air. What a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Saying "Atheism is an ice cream" is like saying "Not collecting stamps is a cheesecake!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

As a raspberry ripple devotee I expect that some will try to burn me at the stake but I care not. You will see that I follow the true path of swirls and twists.

Penn wrote: »
    All hail! :pac:

Twister.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Its a flying spagetti monster!

Advertisement