Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken legends

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Oliver Reed and Keith Moon became legendary for their drinking and they were way cooler. They took their craft seriously and never relented. I hate the current tag of a heavy drinker been put on a punk who can't hold down a bottle of cognac without gouging his throat or threatening to kill himself. Or worse still he thinks his slight alcoholic consumption relays to him been an alcoholic.

Alex Higgins, George Best and Richard Harris too.

Common denominators, all alcoholics and dead.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

Most non-alcoholics end up dead too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Most non-alcoholics end up dead too.

And we all pay taxes. Interesting point though irrelevant.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I always laugh when I see this video of a drunk streaker...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

K-9 wrote: »
    Alex Higgins, George Best and Richard Harris too.

They all lived their lives as they wanted. Alex and Georgie may have had tough ends but there has to be a pay off somewhere if you don't die early. They're free now and drinking and smoking in heavens bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Paul McGrath...hero :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

you'd have to be very drunk to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

Wait... Which pixel was the ledgend?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ColHol wrote: »

What I love about this particular drunken legend is how determined he is to hold on the his paper and how everytime he tries to climb the hill he walks up it like a boss
    Brilliant. That guy is a hero and a patriot, he got that drunk so that others wouldnt have it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

KKkitty wrote: »
    mishkalucy wrote: »
    Another is Ozzy, how is he still alive??

The man is a medical miracle

They should really offer their bodies for scientific purposes at this stage.

Ozzy actually did this, and got his genome sequenced. They found some pretty interesting stuff, especially in relation to how he processes methamphetamine. Relevent stuff starts at 8min, but the whole talk is worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bokkenspiel

deconduo wrote: »
    Ozzy actually did this, and got his genome sequenced. They found some pretty interesting stuff, especially in relation to how he processes methamphetamine. Relevent stuff starts at 8min, but the whole talk is worth watching.

when i saw the part where ozzy was the only vertebrae with no k i was like wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

deconduo wrote: »

Not wishing the man dead or anything but I would love to be a member of the autopsy team that does the number on Ozzy.

I'd say it would be standing room only for that:P

Advertisement