Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy s3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I've already got a smart phone that I need to charge every day.

I won't be buying another smart phone until they improve battery life. I don't really care what version of android it has or what camera etc.

That is becoming the accepted standard, as phones become more powerful we're not going to see any huge improvement in battery life. I'm happy with nightly charging.

A second battery is the job if you can't charge every night..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hope no one here has a Blue one on order, may be probs getting hold of those.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/pebble-blue-samsung-galaxy-s3-delayed

Me, I cant wait for my white GS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Why is this thread still open? It's not a bargain alert. If people want to discuss tariffs for the sgs3 there's a thread on the android forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Where are you getting 15GB out of, it shows up 2TB on my phone

What plan are you on??

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Why is this thread still open? It's not a bargain alert. If people want to discuss tariffs for the sgs3 there's a thread on the android forum.

Can you not just ignore this thread instead of whingeing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Pedantic pat and that is that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Creamsoda wrote: »
    Can you not just ignore this thread instead of whingeing about it.

Exactly,, it clearly has use if people are still posting, god forbid the topic of conversation would deviate from the forum title!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brianc42

brianc42 wrote: »
    Hi all.Three mobile are launching the new Samsung galaxy s3 on May 30.It is free with a 24 month contract @ E 40.66pm.
    http://shop.three.ie/catalogue/pages/samsung-galaxy-SIII
    Three rang me back.They are looking for a E150 deposit from me.They said i will get it back through my bills after 6 months.They say its free but E150 up front is not free.I told three to take a hike.I will just have to soldier on with the ****e phone i already have.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

brianc42 wrote: »
    Three rang me back.They are looking for a E150 deposit from me.They said i will get it back through my bills after 6 months.They say its free but E150 up front is not free.I told three to take a hike.I will just have to soldier on with the ****e phone i already have.:mad:
    hm...they didn't ask for a deposit from me:confused:
    Three.ie is kinda weird. I just got a call from them saying i'm not going to get the blue one for another 2 weeks. White ones will be available on 1st of june tho.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

@ nonamigo: Read yesterday there's a delay in the production of the blue cases.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-delays-pebble-blue-galaxy-s3-to-fix-its-color/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    @ nonamigo: Read yesterday there's a delay in the production of the blue cases.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-delays-pebble-blue-galaxy-s3-to-fix-its-color/
    Ah yeah...changed my order for the white one, so will get it by Monday hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Tiger72

Anybody try to get the phone on an upgrade with 3 ? if so how much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

4s is the better phone

4s is the better phone

Are you lost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

4s is the better phone

Are you lost?

Nope, their just looking to cause a pointless argument, what's better for you may not apply to everyone else

Just trying to save people money.

When the competition released a better product the previous year, you might want to rethink your "bargain".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

When the competition released a better product the previous year, you might want to rethink your "bargain".

No one mentioned the iPhone 4S, the fact that it is a superior product in your opinion is totally irrelevant in the bargain alerts forum of all places. The idea of a bargain is totally opinion based also, just because it is not for you, it doesn't mean it isn't for anyone else, and given the tone of responses so far in the thread, plenty people clearly consider this to be a bargain, clearly.

And save people money eh? Given iPhones usually have their own contract plans on some networks because they're so expensive, I'd beg to differ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Yawn...

http://versusio.com/en/samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-apple-iphone-4s-64gb

Point to a cheaper S3 then...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

You see everyone who buys a high end phone thinks theirs is the best, why else would they buy their respective phone?

The problem with iPhone fanboys is their need to constantly voice that opinion, the "Its better cos I say so" kind of argument.

Going off topic so better bring it back. If anyone's looking to increase storage, look no further than this. I got a class 10 microsd but I dont think there's any point really, havent noticed any difference on my s2. An extra 16Gb for under €10, thats something the iPhone doesnt have the capabilities for, by the way :)

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Going off topic so better bring it back. If anyone's looking to increase storage, look no further than this. I got a class 10 microsd but I dont think there's any point really, havent noticed any difference on my s2. An extra 16Gb for under €10, thats something the iPhone doesnt have the capabilities for, by the way :)

Good job bringing it back on topic! Enjoy your more expensive knock off ;)

Good job bringing it back on topic! Enjoy your more expensive knock off ;)

This pointless argument has been going on for years and has become really dull.
    If you want an iPhone, buy one. If you want a Samsung galaxy whatever, buy one of those, and anyone that tries to tell you you're wrong is a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

4s is the better phone

Silly boy with a phone whose features are deliberately restricted thinks it is the better phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 poppster

If you're an Eircom customer...

The S3 is available for €239 with a monthly plan of €34.50 for unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data per month...!

The phone may be on the more expensive side, but with that price plan, it is quite a good deal. You'll need an eircom account number/voucher code though.

Ye might have already seen the thread in bargain alerts here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭pah

bennyc wrote: »
    The only catch is voicemail costs so make sure to call into your voicemail when possible from another phone.

http://www.hullomail.com
    J o e wrote: »
    What plan are you on??

Data is unlimited with three, though the fair usage policy says that the connection may be throttled after 15GB.

screenshot.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blogger636

Put profession in as profesional manager ect. Say you own your own house and deposit should be zero. My s3 is en route with no deposit required!

I kno it is a bit dishonest but f**k it!
    Evry man fr himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

CraigSmith wrote: »
    OMG 300 FLEXI UNITS! YAAAAAY :rolleyes:

I'd use that in the first day. as posted Unlimited texts calls and data for alot less with a free s2 on eircom, so every post backing up this deal is hereby INVALID

Really....you'd use 600 texts in a day or you'd talk for 5 solid hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

bennyc wrote: »
    The 40.66 deal on three is pretty good I am on one now which I got an IPhone in the bundle, I sold the phone for 400e the day after I got it and use my trusty Desire instead. So for me it works out at 24e a month for all you can use data (which I tether all my torrents from) 200mins and 200 texts. The only catch is voicemail costs so make sure to call into your voicemail when possible from another phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hullomail.messaging.android

Hullo mail, its a voicemail app, so free voice mail (the app is free too)
    gerryk wrote: »
    But painfully behind in terms of actual service.
    Been with three for nearly for years, no complaints about service here.
    Not to mention three's crap coverage (for me at least).

I can't take calls at my desk in work and I can bearly make calls in my apartment. I'll be moving once my contract is up.

Bit extreme moving house because of mobile reception IMO. :pac:

Advertisement