Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy s3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CraigSmith

Lads dont be fooled, reviews are saying this could be a flop, wait a while and see how its going, or just get an s2 and save yourself a 24 month contract. You'll end up paying near 1k for that phone :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

CraigSmith wrote: »
    Lads dont be fooled, reviews are saying this could be a flop, wait a while and see how its going, or just get an s2 and save yourself a 24 month contract. You'll end up paying near 1k for that phone :/

Agreed, thread started by newbie - beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

In fairness the deal is good in theory. You pay a tenner a month more than the same plan without a phone so works out at 240 for the phone pretty much. I just wouldn't sign up for 2 years myself.

3 probably have the best packages if you use data. I use mine over in the UK with no extra charges for the data, calls or texts. Their customer service is fairly bad though.

The size of the screen on the S3 wouldn't be for me though.

They also usually look for you to pay a deposit of around 150 quid for these offers so you don't leg it with the phone

I'm paying emobile €25 p/m, got the galaxy s2 a few weeks after it came out and have the unlimited deal that theyre pricing up at €49 it was there birthday/christmas deal and there was only like 100 first come first serve but still only a 12 month contract and got the sii for €49

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brianc42

The Galaxy S2 is E479 from Carphone Warehouse.You will still have to top up by E20 a month to get decent internet.It may be cheaper but its yesterdays phone.I have my order in smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

A flop? With over 9 million pre-orders? Whether the phone is any good or not it will never be classed as a flop with pre launch numbers like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

Hmmm. I take the point that 2 years is too long, but I've read several reviews of this phone and each one has been positive. Where have you seen it mentioned that this "could be a flop"?

I'll reckon I'll risk this incredibly well spec'ed,positively reviewed and massively preordered phone possibly not being a flop and buy it. Not with 3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Davie89 wrote: »
    A flop? With over 9 million pre-orders? Whether the phone is any good or not it will never be classed as a flop with pre launch numbers like that.

Eircom entered as a PLC to massive fan fare with massive amounts of people buying shares in its first week of trading.

It never made any money

Now its bankrupt.

Ask those people if there investment was a flop or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Eircom entered as a PLC to massive fan fare with massive amounts of people buying shares in its first week of trading.

It never made any money

Now its bankrupt.

This is the most irrelevant post I've ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Great deal, the SIII is very unlikely to be a flop and will still be relevant in 2 years.

Phone advancements going forward are less focused on hardware and more on software. Being android all these advancements will be available via xda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

This had to be the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard.it's not even released and it's a flop!!!!!!?????
    .any review I've read said it's a cracker of a phone.if it's ANYTHING like the s 2.it will be just brilliant.
    And bringing eircom into the thread that's just mental altogether.apples and oranges!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

The 40.66 deal on three is pretty good I am on one now which I got an IPhone in the bundle, I sold the phone for 400e the day after I got it and use my trusty Desire instead. So for me it works out at 24e a month for all you can use data (which I tether all my torrents from) 200mins and 200 texts. The only catch is voicemail costs so make sure to call into your voicemail when possible from another phone.

Sedgeways were pre ordered aswell and people said they wouldnt be a flop, but now there pisstakes :rolleyes:

Please supply us with one review from a proper source (non fanboy forum) that reckons the s3 will be a flop, did a google and can only really find this post myself

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Does anyone have inside info as to the deals that might be on offer from Meteor, eMobile, Voda or O2?

I wouldn't be interested in a 2 year contract. I'm usually itching for a new handset by 18 months.

Aside from the screen size there's little to dislike about the specs. It's a pity there isn't a similar spec-ed android with a 3.5" screen and a 3K battery. One full day's charge is a stupid, limiting target that manufacturers have set themselves since app-phones arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lads dont be fooled, reviews are saying this could be a flop...
    The post started off poor......
    You'll end up paying near 1k for that phone :/

And finished off worse. Yet another poster who forgets about the cost associated with 2 yrs worth of calls and texts. Annoying, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

It never made any money

Now its bankrupt.

Hilarious post. Did you buy shares in Eircom and you're still upset about it or something? What in god's name has that got to do with a mobile phone being decent or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

duffmagic wrote: »
    Does anyone have inside info as to the deals that might be on offer from Meteor, eMobile, Voda or O2?

I wouldn't be interested in a 2 year contract. I'm usually itching for a new handset by 18 months.

Aside from the screen size there's little to dislike about the specs. It's a pity there isn't a similar spec-ed android with a 3.5" screen and a 3K battery. One full day's charge is a stupid, limiting target that manufacturers have set themselves since app-phones arrived.

If past performance is anything to go by. Meteor will have a deal in the same ballpark as 3 (€45*24Mth) with good data allowance (2GB) and probably ~€100 up front. O2 will be far the most expensive, and VF, somewhere in teh middle.

Look to see what they are doing with the HTC One X. The SGSIII will be in the same region.

I dont think this is worthy of a BA just yet as its the going rate for the latest IPhone / HTC / Samgsung / Nokia top end phone deal. I wouldnt be calling it a BA until such a time that we can compare it to all the other contracts out there, but Three seem to be ahead at the moment in terms of bundles , well IMO anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

bennyc wrote: »
    Three seem to be ahead at the moment in terms of bundles , well IMO anyway.

But painfully behind in terms of actual service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Meteor prices are up:

599.99 prepay

Decent prices on billpay:

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/samsung-galaxy-s-III

:pac:

dodzy wrote: »
    The post started off poor......

And finished off worse. Yet another poster who forgets about the cost associated with 2 yrs worth of calls and texts. Annoying, to say the least.

OMG 300 FLEXI UNITS! YAAAAAY :rolleyes:

I'd use that in the first day. as posted Unlimited texts calls and data for alot less with a free s2 on eircom, so every post backing up this deal is hereby INVALID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Meteor prices are up:

599.99 prepay

Decent prices on billpay:

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/samsung-galaxy-s-III

:pac:

Hate how meteor charge 40 euro more for the phone if your moving from meteor PAYG to bill pay compared to a new customer! Surely they'd want to reward you for staying with them! Now to make a dramatic move to another network only to switch back next week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'd use that in the first day. as posted Unlimited texts calls and data for alot less with a free s2 on eircom, so every post backing up this deal is hereby INVALID

15GB data is far from unlimited - your argument is INVALID

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Just heard someone say there's a lad talking shoite on Boards, something about a Galaxy S III being a flop..? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I heard belly diving was a flop but look at it now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

J o e wrote: »
    15GB data is far from unlimited - your argument is INVALID

Where are you getting 15GB out of, it shows up 2TB on my phone, never had a problem and I don't think any poster on broads has.

When looking at 24mt contracts now, mobile interent is going to get a lot quicker in the next 12mts. In the right location it may be possible to burn 15GB in less than 5 minutes. All these smartphones need a plan that won't charge you for Data and at the moment there is only one network that doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Not to mention three's crap coverage (for me at least).

I can't take calls at my desk in work and I can bearly make calls in my apartment. I'll be moving once my contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

eMobile have their plans up for the S3:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=152

Plan Minutes Texts Data Phone price
    Select Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited 15GB €139.00
    Select Unlimited Talk&Text Unlimited Unlimited Data optional €239.00
    Select 500 500 500 2GB €239.00
    Select 400 400 400 Data optional €289.00
    Select 300 300 300 2GB €289.00
    Select 200 200 200 Data optional €289.00
    Select 100+data 100 100 1GB €319.00
    Select 100 100 100 Data optional €319.00

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

I've already got a smart phone that I need to charge every day.

I won't be buying another smart phone until they improve battery life. I don't really care what version of android it has or what camera etc.

Advertisement