Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing Bargain Alerts [Offers only, no questions or comments] See post #112

Options
  • 21-05-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭

How do we not have one of these?!? Places like PC building etc. have them and I've got those bad boys on email notification.

Or do we and it needs stickying? Shout if so can go find the old thread and post.

To maybe get some sort of format

Item Name
    Store/website
    Price
    Picture of item ( keep it small enough )

Taylor Made TM-110 Putter
    Halpenny Golf

€79
    1019761.jpg

Taylor Made Burner 2.0 Superfast Fairway Woods TP edition
    Halpenny Golf

€149 (might be cheaper)
    21GXlWXevRL._AA300_.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiVNVs4LrhYeeSz1UJhA1zh47XmDgz53IxBgUjSnC7IRQbH-Yc2A

Two decent offers, kinda humming and haughing over my 3 wood at the moment, these wouldn't be a bad replacement. They are the TP versions aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭blackwhite

TheDoc wrote: »
    Two decent offers, kinda humming and haughing over my 3 wood at the moment, these wouldn't be a bad replacement. They are the TP versions aswell.

Go for it.

Bought the Burner 2.0 3-wood (not TP version mind you) about 2 months ago and it's quickly become my favourite club. Incredibly easy to hit off both tee and fairway. Only about 20 yards shorter than my driver off the tee and a lot more accurate. Used it yesterday to play a punch shot from under some trees about 150 yards into the green. Great club.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

blackwhite wrote: »
    Go for it.

Bought the Burner 2.0 3-wood (not TP version mind you) about 2 months ago and it's quickly become my favourite club. Incredibly easy to hit off both tee and fairway. Only about 20 yards shorter than my driver off the tee and a lot more accurate. Used it yesterday to play a punch shot from under some trees about 150 yards into the green. Great club.

I had the driver for a bit and to be honest couldn't hit it. I find the shafts they use have too much flex at the bottom, my driver was going low and to the right.

I've gone back to my Titleist which is going high and with a draw : /

I'd be weary of going Taylormade again for a driver. Sometimes your just suited to a club brand, and I've always done well with Titleist drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Beware the TP models they are for higher swing speeds and better players most are better off with the regular model. A lot of them are a degree open as well so not for the faders.
    Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Fota ProShop has Scotty Cameron Newport's for 190e down from 295e.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ping i15 drivers are €149 in McGuirks

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Fota ProShop has Scotty Cameron Newport's for 190e down from 295e.

Halpenny also have a deal on scottys at the moment for €180

http://www.halpennygolf.com/scotty-cameron-studio-select-squareback-special-offer-p-568.html?osCsid=7a671b9e8d383437910c1602f1f51d11

Elvery sports are buy one get one half price on golf items at the moment.

Not the best selection but I picked up loads of these longs tees. and two mizuno gloves for €12

Worked out at €5 for 200 tees.

Might work out good value if buying balls

PGA%20TOUR%20Wooden%20Tees%207cm%20x30.jpg?thumbnail=jpg&maxwdth=500

May I suggest pictures embedded into posts of the item if possible, a decent size.
    Also ideally a link to the item if possible :)

Makes things easier to grasp at first glance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I had the driver for a bit and to be honest couldn't hit it. I find the shafts they use have too much flex at the bottom, my driver was going low and to the right.

I've gone back to my Titleist which is going high and with a draw : /

I'd be weary of going Taylormade again for a driver. Sometimes your just suited to a club brand, and I've always done well with Titleist drivers

The stock stiff reax shaft in the Burner SF 2.0 is a pretty high launching shaft as its a soft tip,and imo at its length it plays between a reg and stiff. I had one for a while and ballooned the thing. So i dunno how you were hitting low cuts with it, after hittin about 10 diff types of drivers and god knows how many different shafts i can say that 9 times out of 10 its the indian not the arrow.

Tones69 wrote: »
    The stock stiff reax shaft in the Burner SF 2.0 is a pretty high launching shaft as its a soft tip,and imo at its length it plays between a reg and stiff. I had one for a while and ballooned the thing. So i dunno how you were hitting low cuts with it, after hittin about 10 diff types of drivers and god knows how many different shafts i can say that 9 times out of 10 its the indian not the arrow.

Thats a fair point and its what I thought. But after switching to a slightly stiffer shaft on the bottom, I'm finding a higher ball flight and drawing the ball now.

Was playing a round with a 3 handicapper few weeks back and while I didnt ask him to look at it, he pointed it out after a few holes saying it looked like the shaft was bending back and the clubhead lagging behind, causing no transfer of power and the low slice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

How do we not have one of these?!? Places like PC building etc. have them and I've got those bad boys on email notification.

Or do we and it needs stickying? Shout if so can go find the old thread and post.

Taylor Made TM-110 Putter
    Halpenny Golf

€79

Taylor Made Burner 2.0 Superfast Fairway Woods TP edition
    Halpenny Golf

€149 (might be cheaper)

Pretty sure they had the Superfast 3-wood for 129 euros in American Golf at the weekend (might have been a one weekend only special though?)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭AldilaMan

OFFER OF THE WEEK!!

Motocaddy Pro Series Cart Bag was E179 now only E129

http://www.halpennygolf.com/motokaddy-pro-series-bag-p-1219.html

mtb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Stickied btw.

Please only post offers though, try to avoid quoting ads with questions etc as the thread will get very cluttered.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

motocaddy electric trollies on offer at my local store in killarney for €359 down from €399 picked one up saturday. couldnt find it cheaper anywhere. Did I get a good Deal??????

Just got a text from halpenny saying their sale starts at 4 today and you get an extra 15% off if you show the text.

If anyone is heading over and want me to forward them the text just PM and I'll text it to you.

Might be worth while to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Offers only please...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tom F

Looks good, live at 2

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

American Golf doing Titleist DT Solo balls @ 2 for €25 (24 balls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Saw on the Deals Page App that they are doing the Open Fairways Voucher for €25 instead of €99, I think it can be got through Mega Deals

• Registered Users Posts: 42 timmo2000

i got the open fairways on pigsback for 25 euro wat a deal that is

• Advertisement

I'm going to throw this up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230791717952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

SkyCaddie SG4 GPS rangefinder.

€60 shipped. Arrived within 7 days.

Two arrived to me this week in perfect working order, essentially brand new. Include all cables etc. that are required.

Quick and easy setup and have been tested on my course and Father says its excellent.

Probably the best bargain I've got in the bag,

I know people are looking into cheaper GPS rangefinders, and I can confirm these are solid and genuine products :)

http://golf.justtreats.com/deal/dublin/navangolfclub

2 ball and 2 buckets of range balls for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/68/deals/369694-18-holes-of-golf-for-two-with-buggy

€39 for round of golf for two with buggy at Hollywood Lakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Right I got the mail from American golf re their members deal weekend this.weekend.

So if you have a card u qualify for the following (& if u don't u could get 1 during the week):

Pro v1/pro v1x - 2 packs for €75
    Vokey oil can wedges €89
    Taylor made raylor ghost putter €109
    Powerbug sport digital trolley €279
    Taylor made superfast hybrid €99
    Calloway gloves 3 for 2
    Golfbuddy gps 10% off all
    Calloway bags 20% off
    Cleveland irons up to 20% off
    Taylor made balls 20% off all
    Nike golf shoes 20% off all
    Calloway woods up to 20% off all
    All clothing 3 for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Saw this on their FB page,

Receive free 2 wheel trolly with any bag purchased!!!
    3 Fore 2 on all Gloves! Stock up for the season!!
    Golf Buddy Tour GPS now only €199!!
    Greg Norman, Shirt, Trouser and Wind Cheater all fore €99!!
    Callaway Razor x Irons From €699 now only €549!!
    And buy any gift voucher receive 10% extra for this week only!

Some body might get something outta it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭J6P

If i were taking a weeks holiday i'd be lookin into this.

7 rounds for €50..happy days

What’s our offer?
    1. A Golf Pass for 7 days may be purchased for €50 and is valid for 7 days from the date of issue.
    2. A Golf Pass for 28 days may be purchased for €150 and is valid for 28 days from the date of issue.
    What you get:
    1. The purchaser is entitled to play up to 18 holes of golf each day on the Spare 9 holes only as designated by the Club pro shop at the following times:
    2. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) and on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays after 4pm.
    3. A green fee must be purchased in order to play on any of the 18 holes course of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

From one of the 'deal' sites (Living Social) and valid until October. €15 each for Shannon is a bargain.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/514/deals/374518-round-of-golf-for-two

http://golf.justtreats.com/deal/dublin/stackstowngc

2 ball and a buggy in Stackstown for €39 bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Elverys have a "buy 2 pairs of footwear and get 1 at 50% discount".

They have Nike Heritage Golf Shoes @ €55. So its a good discount if you have someone to go halves with.

Its any footwear by the way, trainers, golf shoes, football bots etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

Advertisement