Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Australia June 23rd Stormont

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    any update for me?

Ireland and Zimbabwae finished in a tie ;)

Just said on the TV that if there's no play by 5.15 then its completely done for the day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Sky just said play has to start by 1715 or it's curtains. They've started reducing overs already. I wouldn't be too hopeful of seeing a result, although you might get to see some more play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

debating wether to go home, have they mentioned anything about play in the next while?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

debating wether to go home, have they mentioned anything about play in the next while?

Inspection at 1440, they'll see then. They're concerned about more rain and the ground conditions under the covers. They'll try to cut the interval to maximise playing time, assuming they actually get back on.

I'd be dubious about more play.

Umpire on the TV - Another inspection at 14.40. Concern is the old wicket ends which took a right lashing of rain and the state of them cant be determined until the covers come off.

Players have taken lunch and they are looking to minimise the break between innings, if its 30 overs a side then they'll have 15-20mins of its 20 overs then its 10 mins.

• Advertisement

:p Got there first! :D

Great interview with Kyle there, came across extremely well

KevIRL wrote: »
    Great interview with Kyle there, came across extremely well

Agreed - he dealt very well with some hand-grenade questions from Mr Subtle himself, Charles Colville.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Any word on the pitch? Thanks for all the updates lads.

Any word on the pitch? Thanks for all the updates lads.

Capt's just met with the umpires, seems like play will restart shortly, however nothing confirmed yet

• Advertisement

Just confirmed - another inspection 3.15

EDIT - Atherton also just said that on the radar it looks pretty grim rainwise from 3.30.

Another inspection at 1515.

Damn!!! too slow this time! :)

I'm off to Wexford, enjoy the weekend lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

TrueDub wrote: »
    Agreed - he dealt very well with some hand-grenade questions from Mr Subtle himself, Charles Colville.

Yeah there were some mad questions in there about uniting both soccer associations and gaelic games. I don't know Colville but he really came across as a bumbling englishman looking to learn more about those lads across the water. Although I suppose he was trying to fill time

Game is abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Only 5 balls over getting a refund too, so worst case scenario for the paying fans.

Only 5 balls over getting a refund too, so worst case scenario for the paying fans.

Fair play Cricket Ireland though, nice gesture this...
    Cricket Ireland will offer all ticket holders from today's game a complimentary ticket to any 1 of the Ireland games in July against either Afghanistan in Dublin or Bangladesh in Belfast - More details to follow

Yeah fair play to them. They didn't have to do that. Today should have been my first Ireland cricket match but unfortunately the weather ruined that. Hopefully will get up to Belfast on Saturday 21st July for the T20 vs. Bangladesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

A few more details on that refund offer ...
    Cricket Ireland has decided to offer ticket holders the opportunity to see the Irish team in action again over the next month on a day of their choice free of charge.

Ticket holders from today’s match are being offered a free ticket for any ticket purchased to any of the upcoming five home internationals in July. This includes those who decided not to travel due to adverse weather conditions. The matches are:
    July 3 - 1st ICC WCLC ODI, Ireland v Afghanistan, Clontarf, Dublin, 10.45am
    July 5 - 2nd ICC WCLC ODI, Ireland v Afghanistan, Clontarf, Dublin, 10.45am
    July 18 - 1st T20 International v Bangladesh, Stormont, Belfast , 5.00pm
    July 20 - 2nd T20 International v Bangladesh, Stormont, Belfast , 5.00pm
    July 21 - 3rd T20 International v Bangladesh, Stormont, Belfast , 4.00pm

Proof of purchase will be required either by post or email to ticketsales@irishcricket.org. This may include booking confirmation number, ticket or some other form of proof.
    For all detail of upcoming fixtures see http://www.cricketireland.ie

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/match-cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I debated heading up this morning...After the third ball I was nearly heading home! The ship was steadied and Stirling may have had the first six bar an amazing fingertip snatch then drizzle/rain/sun/drizzle...covers off, covers back on grrrr:mad: so annoying.

C.I. made a damn good effort and the surface looked pretty good considering Friday nights rain. The outfield wasnt as slow as it may have been.

Other Irish sporting associations *cough* i would have felt that boundaries (no pun intended) of refund policies were pushed to get to10 overs. I dont think C.I. would do that and ye know i wouldnt care if they had in a way! The place looked superb on tv too (sky coverage).

Anyhow it was a pity as it was shaping up to be an interesting match. Irish had a bit of momentum even if run rates were dropping before the rain. A slow outfield if the Aussies had got in to bat and with the hard working Irish fielders could have made it a tough chase...ah well!

As for the train home and hearing the rugby score, it could have been a better day out:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

real pity they are playing all t20s in belfast, would been nice to get an evening t20 in dublin, i dont like the way they schedule games.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

manafana wrote: »
    real pity they are playing all t20s in belfast, would been nice to get an evening t20 in dublin, i dont like the way they schedule games.
    Think there are some t20s agsinst south africa a indublin/wicklow in the summer.

Emailed my proof of purchase for a replacement ticket for this last Sunday but no reply yet. Anyone else hear back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

Emailed my proof of purchase for a replacement ticket for this last Sunday but no reply yet. Anyone else hear back yet?
    I heard back yesterday.
    Try emailing cliona at reception@irishcricket.org

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Tiernster7

Heard back already too , patience and all that. None of these will be sell outs

Advertisement