Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replica guns

Options
  • 16-05-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys. I am planning on selling a few replica guns. they don't shoot, so im not sure if i should put the ad up in this category or a different one? any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Dan fnuts wrote: »
    Hi guys. I am planning on selling a few replica guns. they don't shoot, so im not sure if i should put the ad up in this category or a different one? any ideas?

Should not be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Dan fnuts

Should not be a problem

thanks. ill put em up in a few mins

looking for 50 quid per revolver

54.jpg

52.jpg

56.jpg

53.jpg

55.jpg

looking for 50 quid per gun

61.jpg

58.jpg

57.jpg

62.jpg

60.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭zen260

whats the deal with these guns??ie working trigger?build quality ect??thanks

• Advertisement

zen260 wrote: »
    whats the deal with these guns??ie working trigger?build quality ect??thanks

yeah working trigger, revolving cylinder. they are full metal (except the handles) heavy replicas. two of the guns come with dummy, copper bullets you can load them with. build quality is top notch.

Tnx for thats,i meant to get back to ya sooner,,whats the legal issues with these??you know the crazy gun laws we have here,,iam an avid shooter myself and love gun of all descriptions,,iam very interested in one of the revolvers with the fake copper bullets,,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

zen260 wrote: »
    ........whats the legal issues with these??............,,

For the benefit of everyone here is how it stands.
    • Realistic imitation/replica firearms do not need to be licensed. Realistic imitation firearm such as airsoft must be under one joule otherwise they are classed as firearms.
    • In this case the items are replicas in every sense of the word. They are made of "non firearm" metals, and have never been able to fire a projectile. They are 100% legal to own and no license is required.
    • Deactivated firearms are a different story. They do not require a license, but DO need authorisation in the form of written consent from your local Super to own/possess one. In such circumstances the Super may even ask for a letter from whomever carried out the de-activation work that the firearm has been suitably deactivated and can never again be capable of firing a bullet/projectile.

The only real legal issue with the replicas above would carrying one. It is an offence to brandish one, and carry one in public. Also the fake ammo. While the chances of being prosecuted are so very, very slim it is still worth noting that having the ammo in your possession could lead to grief if stopped/caught. So make sure not to carry either the gun or "ammo" in public.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Hi ezridaz,,thanks for the input,,

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

would they fire blanks or what is the story with laws on pistols that do?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

garyc007 wrote: »
    would they fire blanks or what is the story with laws on pistols that do?
    They fall under the same category as:
    Ezridax wrote: »
    • Deactivated firearms are a different story. They do not require a license, but DO need authorisation in the form of written consent from your local Super to own/possess one. In such circumstances the Super may even ask for a letter from whomever carried out the de-activation work that the firearm has been suitably deactivated and can never again be capable of firing a bullet/projectile.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

are you selling these or what???as you havent answered any of the posts ??

soz. yeah i am selling them. 50 quid each

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement