Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMX

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

thats out ages man, did you not hear it? its alright.

i say there's still a bit out there, diddys probably charging an arm and a leg for it though. I reckon by the song titles , its gona be money,hoes,guns.

Lol at Xzibit randomly appearing near the end of the video.

Two people who's careers are over and a 15 year old girl inspired rapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

latest single, not feeling this one at all.

That's pretty dire alright.

The beat is terrible and lyrically it's insanely bad.

Seaneh wrote: »
    That's pretty dire alright.

The beat is terrible and lyrically it's insanely bad.

im fearing the worst for dmx but im still hoping for a banger or two.

He's over, only reason he's still trying is because he's broke.

He's just another in a long, long, long line of broke former rappers clinging onto a talent they have long since lost.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug (especially crack).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

of all the comebacks, i truely want dmx to succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Got the album yesterday :D havent listened to it fully yet but it sounds good from what i did hear so far.

S28382 wrote: »
    Got the album yesterday :D havent listened to it fully yet but it sounds good from what i did hear so far.

good sign so, im going to give it a blast friday when i get a chance after work and il see what the story is. As long as it has a handful of decent tracks il be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

good sign so, im going to give it a blast friday when i get a chance after work and il see what the story is. As long as it has a handful of decent tracks il be happy.

The album is ok its definitely not anywhere near his best in fact id say its his worse album hopefully he might know it and be more determined to make another DMX classic.

still have the album on the back burner, busy all week defiently going to give it a listen this weekend.

just finished watching dmx's interview with dj whoo kid, he's crazy thats all im saying, talks a bit of everything including a prayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

I love that song already classic DMX style. DMX is one of the only few mainstream rappers I still f**k with. His new albums class. First listen or two I skipped through it but its constantly on play now. Its why I ain't been on here in a week. Yeah the dude was a crackhead but I've watched a few of his recent radio interviews and he looks off it now. Plus hes one funny dude lol talking about beating up Drake and falling off a quad. Hes still one of the realest. As for being broke. His management and wife lost most of his money and hes been in jail a lot lately.

Best songs on undisputed in my opinion.

What they don't know.
    Cold world.
    I don't dance. Lol "Y'all N****s whisper X is a crackhead, alright f**k it I'ma just crack heads"
    Slippin again
    Frankeinsten
    Get your money up
    Y'all don't really know
    **** I can name nearly the whole album ha.

Still makes that music that makes you want to beat the crap outta someone.

Heres a better interview than the Whoo kid one

gave it a listen tonight, pretty solid album in fairness. Its worth a buy on itunes imo, few duds but for the best part i like it a lot. After listening to life is good and now this, its like i stepped back into the 90's/early 00s... very refreshing imo.

my standouts so far

ya'll dont really know
    i got your back
    slippin again
    fire ( beat is banging like a hybrid bmf beat, that young 1 kills it, sounds like a female jay z :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

I love the way you can here the pain in his voice on some of the songs. Hes had some very rough times these past few years. Getting locked up for animal cruelty even though he wasn't at his home at the time and the dude he was paying to look after his dogs neglected them. Crack addiction. You've gotta be in a dark place to try that. The stuff with his wife and kids and his management robbed nearly everything he had. Friends turning their backs and raciest cops in Arizona. Its no wonder he turned to crack when he did.

gerryd2 wrote: »
    I love the way you can here the pain in his voice on some of the songs. Hes had some very rough times these past few years. Getting locked up for animal cruelty even though he wasn't at his home at the time and the dude he was paying to look after his dogs neglected them. Crack addiction. You've gotta be in a dark place to try that. The stuff with his wife and kids and his management robbed nearly everything he had. Friends turning their backs and raciest cops in Arizona. Its no wonder he turned to crack when he did.

you can hear what he's been through alright. dmx is like pac in that sense, both just wear their heart on their sleeve's. Usually that kind of emotion transcends into good music, any emotion for that matter take kanye's case his spoilt brat personalty/mentality comes across in his music but it still sounds decent most of the time.

I have a lot of respect for X even though i sometimes think he's his own worst enemy but imho there was a conspiracy of some kind aimed towards him, they wanted him to be portrayed as a crackhead the same way they wanted MJ portrayed as pedo etc.

the music industry is beyond corrupt, dont get me started on it :D. In all though its no where near DMX at his best but its still none the less a decent album imo.

it might not have been his best album but you cant question dmx's passion for the music, have to respect the guy. One of the last few real gangsta rappers, nothing fake and commercial about him.

no point in starting a new thread so il just bump this one... There's been a 90 minute interview with DMX called fix my life. I really cant help but feel sorry for this guy as a fan, so many demons.

full interview, its fairly full on.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2013/04/dmx-on-iyanias-fix-my-life/#more-49849

Advertisement