Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMX

Options
  • 15-05-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Anyone pick up his ep today, I kknow he is releasing his new album next month!

Always been a big fan of DMX, Hopefully his new album will go back to the old school style like its dark and hell is hot, Flesh of my flesh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Going to give it a listen tonight mate, looking forward to it despite me not liking his boss's life remix.

Aftermath were promoting it today on their Facebook page too which was nice but it would of been nicer if X actually got a tailor made dre beat !.

Il post back as soon as I listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can download the EP here, gonna give it a listen tonight.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/17150/dmx_the_weigh_in.html

could this EP/mixtape be any worse?

shocking in every sense of the word, i only enjoyed frontline which was released last year as last hope.

pathetic effort

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Haven't even listened to anything from the EP (or anything he's released in the last couple of years tbh) but something about him has changed, he doesn't appeal to me anymore. Can't put my finger on it but I just feel like if I do listen to any of his new stuff I'll be disappointed no matter what..judging from everyone's reactions I'd be better off not listening..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I think it was good, won't bother posting lyrics from the EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think "shít don't change" was a class song, snoop on the hook was brilliant. The contrast between his voice and DMX's just worked brilliantly.

Thought the ep was awful. So much for hoping for another its dark and hell is hot.

He still has an album coming out this summer, we can always just hope for the best, but we won't see another it's dark and hell is hot nothing he brought out after that compared to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I thought it was just average mixtape material, Have it in rotation but cant see myself looking to listen to it anytime soon. Anyone think it didnt sound finished, very poor production like.

Hopefully he is saving the good stuff for the album.

Only re read his book there last month, Very good and really gives you alot more insight into its dark and hell is hot! A good easy read if your interested.

What do people expect from EPs/mixtapes?

• Advertisement

Same effort Chamillionaire puts into his mixtapes or how about, as someone else put it, not having a 12 year old to mix it on fruity loops.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Same effort Chamillionaire puts into his mixtapes or how about, as someone else put it, not having a 12 year old to mix it on fruity loops.

Just because Cham puts out mixtapes like albums does not mean someone established like DMX is going to put out ones of similar quality.

This is promo for his album.

Exactly, this is a promo but it's putting me off the new album if anything. I'm still gonna check it out but no longer have high hopes for it after this mixtape.

Ok.

I would prefer if DMX left his best work for his album, unlike Chamillionaire. That way he will sell more and make some money* and get more fans.

*Chamillionaire of course makes money.

Just because Cham puts out mixtapes like albums does not mean someone established like DMX is going to put out ones of similar quality.

This is promo for his album.

Sums up my thoughts completely.

something to get excited about maybe?

there's no point in releasing a below par pile of sh*t like this, honestly id go as far as saying this is one of the worst mixtapes iv heard in recent times.

you just cant get away with a mixtape like this these days, the likes of cole, lamar, krit, etc have stepped up the mixtape game to another level where all artists imo are forced to approach them like albums.

Even established artists who use to be heavy on the mixtape scene have been forced to change their approach, the likes of 50 with the big 10 and his last few , the game with his latest efforts, rick ross with self made series and meek mill etc are all examples of material made in album format rather than just a verse here and there jacking someones elses beat etc. This from X would of been suitable a few years ago but tbh its not going to cut it now. I really cant see how anyone can defend this mixtape, so so bad imo.

i mean if you didnt enjoy section 80 as much as you did, would you be as excited for the debut? I taught X was going to come with something special here to get us buzzing for the album but i obviously taught wrong.:)

i mean if you didnt enjoy section 80 as much as you did, would you be as excited for the debut? I taught X was going to come with something special here to get us buzzing for the album but i obviously taught wrong.:)

Well personaly I did not really like any of his work including section.80 on first listen anyway. Anyway that was not really a mixtape despite what he released it as.

Cham has 10+ mixtapes but 2 albums. Fine if he wants to do that but he is diluting what a mixtape is imo. This is nothing against him, it works very well for him. Very very well.

If you think this is his best work or that it should be some of his best work then I am shocked.

As for Krit, ye his latest was better than this but it was also a big pile of "meh" imo. A mixtape is a mixtape just because some people "change it up" or "step it up" does not mean others have to. If this were the case we would all applaud rappers "freestyling" off a blackberry or verses from their songs.

Well personaly I did not really like any of his work including section.80 on first listen anyway. Anyway that was not really a mixtape despite what he released it as.

Cham has 10+ mixtapes but 2 albums. Fine if he wants to do that but he is diluting what a mixtape is imo. This is nothing against him, it works very well for him. Very very well.

If you think this is his best work or that it should be some of his best work then I am shocked.

As for Krit, ye his latest was better than this but it was also a big pile of "meh" imo. A mixtape is a mixtape just because some people "change it up" or "step it up" does not mean others have to. If this were the case we would all applaud rappers "freestyling" off a blackberry or verses from their songs.

id agree with most of what you said, im not a fan of the way mixtapes are gone either but its just the way their gone... their like albums so in most cases it takes the shine of the actual album imo.

i dont expect this to be his best work man, iv been listening to X for years since i was basically a kid , he's possibly my favorite gangsta rapper. All X fans know he's past his prime but i didnt expect something of this quality but thats just me , sheey seems to think similar and he's a big a X fan as the next.

like said, this does nothing for me as in regards to excitement for the album. im still looking forward to it as il know he'l come with a few bangers at least.

im still looking forward to it as il know he'l come with a few bangers at least.

Exactly. No point in X wasting great songs on a mixtape, he is not that sort of artist.

The tracklist and cover art has being released for the album "undisputed". Liking how its not riddled with features like a lot of hip hop albums these days but obvioulsy a big talking point here is the biggie feature!... I dont mind rappers collabing with dead rappers but I know some people hate it.

September 11th release date.

undisputed-470x470.jpeg

1. Intro – Look Without Seein’
    2. I Don’t Dance featuring Machine Gun Kelly
    3. Slippin Away
    4. I’m Back
    5. Keep Your Head Up
    6. Time To Get Paid featuring Notorious B.I.G.
    7. I Got Your Back
    8. Frankenstein
    9. No Love
    10. Cold World
    11. I Get Scared
    12. Have You Eva
    13. Fire
    14. Sucker For You
    15. Who’s ****in You

• Advertisement

I despise MGK's music, absolute poo poo, not looking forward to that feature. The biggie one could be decent depending on what verses of his they picked for the track. Or hopefully X managed to get some unreleased biggie material if it exists? (highly unlikely but just a thought)

One thing i can say about that album is the cover art looks badass. I'll buy the album purely based on how unreal the cover looks :p

I despise MGK's music, absolute poo poo, not looking forward to that feature.
    thats out ages man, did you not hear it? its alright.
    The biggie one could be decent depending on what verses of his they picked for the track. Or hopefully X managed to get some unreleased biggie material if it exists? (highly unlikely but just a thought)

i say there's still a bit out there, diddys probably charging an arm and a leg for it though. I reckon by the song titles , its gona be money,hoes,guns.

its gona be money,hoes,guns.

So any Biggie song? Joking (kinda).

Looking good though and an interesting release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I cant wait for the new album :D hearing the sh*t thats out now is making my ears bleed and hopefully DMX will put out a solid album......whenever it decides to come out that is....its been way too long

S28382 wrote: »
    I cant wait for the new album :D hearing the sh*t thats out now is making my ears bleed and hopefully DMX will put out a solid album......whenever it decides to come out that is....its been way too long

hopefully is right, his last recent mixtape was terrible so he needs to step it up going by that.

Watch his interview on youtube he did with the breakfast club(??) earlier this year, was absolutely priceless. He feels the exact same way about Drake that I do :D.

Gas listening to him pulling people over with his fake cop sirens in his car and pretending to be an FBI Agent. He's mental. Even though his mixtape was garbage, I'm really looking forward to Unidsputed!

That was a vintage x interview, he defeintly sounds fragile though in terms of just his mental health either that or he was on something despite his sober claims.

He feels the same way as I do with officer Ricky so that was great , delighted he didn't sign with Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

disappointing Mixtape ...............but we all know what DMX can do , and hopefully True DMX will shine on the new album

sometimes hard to gauge mixtapes ,
    presonally I wasn't overly impressed with Kendrick Lamar's Mixtape ....he is way better that what was on that ,
    are they making mixtapes, too long , like should it really just be 5/6 songs and leave it at that
    Vinne paz mixtape 32 songs (admittely I really like this),
    Kendrick Lamar 15 songs (2 or 3 decent songs )
    Nature 28 songs (1/2 decent songs)
    Rick Ross (curiousity got me so had to listen) 20songs i think (again only 1/2 songs)
    Scrublife (can't remember exactly ...more than 15 songs )

finger's crossed DMX WON'T LET THE REALLY FANS OF HIP HOP DOWN

agree with the dmx part but not the rest mate, are you reffering to lamar's section 80 or his mixtapes previous to it?

rick ross doesnt really release mixtapes either the rest i dont listen too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

agree with the dmx part but not the rest mate, are you reffering to lamar's section 80 or his mixtapes previous to it?

rick ross doesnt really release mixtapes either the rest i dont listen too.:)

I was refering to Kendrick Lamar's mixtape "THE NEW WEST" it was rel;eased in June

Advertisement