Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The origin of milk...

Options
  • 14-05-2012 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Something I've often pondered:
    How did man discover milk for the first time? More to the point, what were they doing with the cow and at what point did they realise "Oh, hey! Let's squeeze the long fleshy bits and drink the fluid ejaculated from them!".

Answers on a post card please!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

We'll get that Richard Dawkins lad to write a book on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pretty sure people discovered it through human females before cows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

They saw a calf drinking from them, and understood the basic concept of mammalian lactation.

http://images.wikia.com/familyguy/images/3/33/Buzz_Killington.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dude... where does milk come from?

I dunno, man. Probably like some alien trees planted in Leitrim that walk around the place at night time & fill up the cartons in shops.

Yeah dude. Radical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

he saw his baby sucking his wife tits. thought "oh I must give that a go. yum :). nno where can I get even more? Oh look cows they have much bigger tits! does the same. now what will happen if I pull on these rather than suck?"

Profit..

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Fun fact: Most commonly consumed milk in the world is camel.That's right, camel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Fun fact: Most commonly consumed milk in the world is camel.That's right, camel.

*spits out tea* :eek: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

But camels don't have udd- OH GOD WHY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Coconuts

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

how was butter and cheese discovered ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I wonder if someone saw someone churning butter and thought: I bet that would feel good on mah penis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

McChubbin wrote: »
    I wonder if someone saw someone churning butter and thought: I bet that would feel good on mah penis...

That's melted butter your thinking of.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Bitty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

coconut milk- whats up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Is this in terms of litres/year of camel milk consumed, number of camels milked, or number of camel-milk drinkers ?

Our readers need to know !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭superluck

cows milk wasn't intended for human consumption.
    it's full of hormones that can cause bad acne in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

The first cheese was Sheeps cheese discovered by a sheep herder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

efb wrote: »
    coconut milk- whats up with that?

Are you saying you've never sucked the titties off a coconut? :eek:

You haven't lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

Butter was discovered by arabs carting milk in goats skins on camel back the bouncing turned it in to butter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The first cheese was Sheeps cheese discovered by a sheep herder
    That discovery must have been shear brilliance. Wonder if people were fleeced over the price. Have ewe ever tried it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

cassid wrote: »

Discovered by herders who carried milk to drink in pouches made from intestines and the rennet in the intestines mixed with the milk and turned it into cheese. dunno how true it is though but thats what they teach in home ec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

cassid wrote: »
    Butter was discovered by arabs carting milk in goats skins on camel back the bouncing turned it in to butter

Often wondered this myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'm more interested in what mad bastard was the first to eat a lobster! they look fking disgusting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

RichieC wrote: »
    I'm more interested in what mad bastard was the first to eat a lobster! they look fking disgusting..

And who was the sadistic ****er that discovered that they had to be put in cold water while still alive and boiled? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

How did man discover milk for the first time? More to the point, what were they doing with the cow and at what point did they realise "Oh, hey! Let's squeeze the long fleshy bits and drink the fluid ejaculated from them!".

I'm sure I've seen that asked on an ad on some british channel recently....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

milk was first discovered......in a spar shop in dominic street.......it was discovered by a drunken student........on his way home with the carton....the staggering caused the milk to turn into cheeses.....but in his drunken slur, he thought it was thesis......

he now has a diploma written on the back of a milk carton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Hmm. Over 6 billion humans. All with mammies. Pretty sure human milk will beat camel milk in terms of how common it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Milk is shite nowdays, so I'm told by a reputable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

RichieC wrote: »

Oysters - Look, snot in a shell, that looks tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

How did man discover milk for the first time..............?

Fair enough, I'll scribble my response on the back of a postcard and send it off tomorrow.

It would have been handier, cheaper and quicker to post a reply right here though.

Anyway, its one of those post cards that thinks it funny. A picture of a load of sheep with a caption "Rush hour in Ireland". :p

Advertisement