Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People that have aged badly

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Kate Moss. Eek!

phasers wrote: »
    I think Angelina Jolie looks feckin woeful nowadays, but that is primarily down to being too thin. women over a certain age shouldn't be super skinny, Teri Hatchet face is another example of this.

Agree so much on both counts.

Teri Hatcher and Angelina Jolie are both staggering beautiful women, but they both really need just a little extra weight. Just look at how beautiful they were with extra weight on their faces.

Wibbs wrote: »
    More angular faces seem to do much better. People who look older than their years at 20 tend to look better at 40.

Not sure I agree. Debbie Harry has not fared well over the years and she is cheekbones central.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Dudess wrote: »
    "Getting older looking" or even "Not looking 23 any more" appears to constitute "Ageing badly" here. :)

Frankie Muniz, Courtney Cox - wtf?! They look grand!
    Clearly some very young children here.
    Edward Furlong still looks pretty babyfaced too for mid 30s, he's just put on a good bit of weight.

+1

People get older and less attractive, it's a normal part of life! I don't think it's fair to show a pic of someone in their 50s/60s/70s and say "OMG they look terrible!"

When I read this thread I was thinking more along the lines of YOUNG people who look old beyond their years. Someone already mentioned Lindsay Lohan, she's a classic example.

Another one is Jordan. She's only 33 and has absolutely destroyed herself. I think she looks like someone in their 50s who's trying to look in their 20s.

Also, the entire cast of The Only way is Essex. I don't watch the show but I read about the girls in newspapers and magazines and am shocked at how young they are. They all look well into their 30s. e.g. Amy Childs - 21. Sam Faiers - 21. Lauren Goodger - 25. Billie Faiers - 22.

+1When I read this thread I was thinking more along the lines of YOUNG people who look old beyond their years. Someone already mentioned Lindsay Lohan, she's a classic example.

I know, I'm shocked at how bad she looks, she should be in her prime!
    Also, the entire cast of The Only way is Essex. I don't watch the show but I read about the girls in newspapers and magazines and am shocked at how young they are. They all look well into their 30s. e.g. Amy Childs - 21. Sam Faiers - 21. Lauren Goodger - 25. Billie Faiers - 22.

Too much sun and/or sunbeds for these lassies, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Wibbs wrote: »
    In which case Dennis was a great advert for smoking like a chimney and drinking like a fish for most of his life. :D

Bridgitte Bardot really didn't age well at all. IMHO certain faces don't. Mainly round young looking baby faces. When the first flush of youth goes it doesn't do them any favours. More angular faces seem to do much better. People who look older than their years at 20 tend to look better at 40. It might be why men tend to age slightly better so long as they don't pork up? Of current faces like that I predict yer wan"Penny" from The big bang theory will not age well.

I know the irony, but that's the joy of advertising.

I agree with you on the baby-face thing, people of either gender that are extremely pretty in their youth go all wonky as they age whereas classic more handsome beauty looks great in later life.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh how could I forget! Courtney Stodden. The girl who, at 16, married 51 year old The Green Mile actor Doug Hutchison.

She's 17 now but she could easily pass for someone at least twice that age. She looks ridiculous. All "natural" too supposedly...

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

danslevent wrote: »
    Poor MJ didn't age too well... http://tinyurl.com/8yubsnh

http://tinyurl.com/85o83nf

Though I don't think the aging process alone can take full responsibility for that transformation.

22 years with very little difference between them.

22 years with very little difference between them.

Ummm, yeah, but the earlier photo looks like the face-tinkering-with has already begun...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Ummm, yeah, but the earlier photo looks like the face-tinkering-with has already begun...
    And?

It's a thread about aging, it's remarkable for someone over 50 years old to look relatively unchanged from when they were in their twenties.

• Advertisement

And?

It's a thread about aging, it's remarkable for someone over 50 years old to look relatively unchanged from when they were in their twenties.

It's not really a fair comparison if the extensive work had already started on his face. Either way, he looked terrible when he died, if not old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm pretty sure if I now tried to fap over some of the chicks I used to fantasise about when I was 15 I'd lose my erection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thought I was looking at the crystal meth website

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kimia wrote: »

What's wrong with her? The first pic looked like an old one from Friends, so that's around mid-90's probably? And the second pic is from Scream 4 (or a premiere?) and that was last year.

She still looks good.

Anyone wrote: »

Imagine seeing her at a carpark at night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Sean bean is just a ride end of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

KKkitty wrote: »
    He strikes me as the sort of man that really couldn't care less how he looks in fairness.

All Russell cares about is foightin round the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

31? this one looks more like 51, dye her hair black and you've got Mary Byrne. Weight really ages you or being underweight/undernourished as well really takes its toll and what you wear will always help or hinder far more than silly aging creams.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2144101/TOWIEs-Gemma-Collins-enjoys-date-mystery-man-Nandos.html

Right well when my cousin and I were younger we were the image of
    http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/child-star-mara-wilson-why-i-quit-film-acting-2012174

Now my cousin looks more like this
    http://www.exposay.com/shona-mcgarty-2011-philips-british-academy-television-awards---arrivals/p/48660/1/?f=Shona+McGarty

And I look more like something from Fraggle Rock, I don't think I'll age badly I mean anythings an improvement from here :pac:

People are seriously mixing up aging with aging badly. For a woman in her 50's, not sure how going from that picture Kelly Le Brock falls into the 'aging badly' bracket.

Here's one!

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.85890.1328807604!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg

Both of those pictures must be photoshopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

jpcarlow wrote: »
    but if anything his voice has improved with age

Haley Joel Osment isnt aging badly...but is somehow turning into Galvasean

As insider jokes go, thats genius, although in fairness James Van Der Beek must have to look twice when he meets Galvesean ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Justin10

Lark Voorhies AKA Lisa Turtle from Saved by the bell.

Then and Now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Back to Wibbs point about older looking faces when young. Quite right. Not so much cheekbones but length of face, have a big long face on ya and you will age well. The horsey look, starts out bad but ends up well. Best example is Hugh Laurie, a gormless looking fecker when young, a stud ( apparently) now. In his fifties. Weight matters too, since nearly all men become a bit doughy after 40, staying in shape past 40 makes you younger. That said the thin because you smoke, or do cocaine, look doesn't work. That looks unhealthy.

To the opponents of this thread - some people look better as they age. I think Connery did, harrison ford did until the was 60. Others. Mostly men, to be fair. WE all age, to age well is to look like an older version of your ( good looking) self rather than someone totally unrecognisable. Also its worth actually allowing yourself to age, and changing your style. Lose the dye past 40 something, if a guy. Keep the hair sharpish.

( I am 37 so thinking ahead).

Here is young Griff Rhyss Jones. And a hotter older version, he lost weight and gained definition in his face, and apparently a realistic tan. Normally middle aged men do the opposite, paler, greyer in face, weightier.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Plenty around Talbot street are not ageing well at all .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Angelina Jolie
    Then
    ^sexy
    Now
    ^ bag of bones! maybe if she ate more she would be back to her sexy self.

Brad
    Then
    ^Mmmm
    Now
    ^ :eek:

Katie Price
    Good reason not to mess about with cosmetic surgery here

Pamela Booby Anderson here

Mickey Rourke

Luckily enough I'm ageing like a fine wine :D:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Not sure I agree. Debbie Harry has not fared well over the years and she is cheekbones central.
    True, though she's had really bad health and weight fluctuations and heavy duty stress over the years. Amazing she's still going.
    Back to Wibbs point about older looking faces when young. Quite right. Not so much cheekbones but length of face, have a big long face on ya and you will age well. The horsey look, starts out bad but ends up well. Best example is Hugh Laurie, a gormless looking fecker when young, a stud ( apparently) now. In his fifties. Weight matters too, since nearly all men become a bit doughy after 40, staying in shape past 40 makes you younger. That said the thin because you smoke, or do cocaine, look doesn't work. That looks unhealthy.
    Maybe though a long face could well go the other way. The face keeps (very slowly)growing throughout life* so you could just as easily get Sarah Jessica Parker. Easier to carry off if you're a bloke mind you. I'd argue that Hugh Laurie was always a quietly handsome regular featured man(when he wasn't pulling silly faces). Age has made him more rugged and less bland.

*As one consequence eyes tend to look smaller over time. Look at G Clooney then and now. It worked out for him though. Made him more manly looking.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

britney spears. you'd have sold your granny for a jump off her years ago but now she looks like she sells the big issue

I still would...this is a pic from like 2 weeks ago

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/392494_10150830154516215_153539871214_12309709_2034341400_n.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

al28283 wrote: »
    Kelly Mcgillis from Top Gun.
    Tom Cruise looks relatively the same as he did then

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/TopGun-McGillis-Cruise-before-after.jpg

No way, I think she looks great for a woman in her mid fifties (I presume it's a very recent photo) - I'd be very happy to look like that when I'm that age.

Definitely a lot of misconceptoins here about aging v aging badly. And aging v dodgy surgeries.

Agree that weight will have a lot to do with a person staying young looking - not too thin (Angelina, Courntney) and not too fat. Don't smoke or go in the sun, don't do drugs and don't go under the knife - if you do all that then you'll probably age gracefully as nature intended (a little luck and good genes will put you above the curve, but nothing wrong with being on the curve too).

For a hottie that hasn't aged great, I'd say Cary Elwes then and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

This may have been posted already, but meh.

Here is a picture of Al Pacino and Michael D Higgins together: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08AV62n3eNfWh/439x.jpg

Al Pacino is OLDER than Michael D Higgins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Advertisement