Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....... wannabe working class types .........

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

angelbabie wrote: »
    One of a butterfly on my lower back. .
    The official name is either slagtag/tramp stamp :p

I've got 2, big shoulder pieces, wanna get something again soon, but something really dumb, like a sheep or a slice of cheesecake, just so I can regret it in later years :D

The official name is either slagtag/tramp stamp :p

....'ass antlers' is my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Nodin wrote: »
    What?

My comment was in written text. Why are you saying "What?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Tribal marking (its symbolic of a wave with a point of balance at the centre) on my inner left forearm and work in progress of a phoenix running from my lower abdomen up to my ribs on right hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I really like this as a piercing :D

http://i.imgur.com/7I3KF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Melion wrote: »
    Almost as good as your plain, haggered, saggy skin?

No, nowhere near that good in fact. Glad you are getting the idea though.

Links234 wrote: »
    I really like this as a piercing :D

http://i.imgur.com/7I3KF.jpg

Magnetic micro-dermals? Yeah, quite genius but you'll look like a tosser. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Black panther on my shoulder which is actually greenish at this stage(must get it re-done)
    My son's name and date of birth on my wrist (this is actually savage looking:D)
    A small tiger on my arse
    Worst mistake of my life an ex's name on my ankle which is now partially removed.
    Am not getting anymore just need to fix the ones I have already.

Oh and btw men with tattoos are sexy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

chin_grin wrote: »
    Magnetic micro-dermals? Yeah, quite genius but you'll look like a tosser. :pac:

I think these are what I'd really like:

http://www3.telus.net/jefmil/2005/02/pierced%20glasses.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Links234 wrote: »
    and when clothed.

Mine aren't. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Now, this is a proper piercing!

My comment was in written text. Why are you saying "What?"

What exactly do you mean by "wannabe working class types "?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Babybuff wrote: »
    Tribal marking (its symbolic of a wave with a point of balance at the centre) on my inner left forearm

What tribe are you a member of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I have a plan to get some based on my favorite books like a Direwolf head, a wheel of time, the deathly hollows and the wording of the ring of power in lotr.

Yeah i am a massive nerd but its better than being a massive scumbag i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Have a white Falcon tattoo on my left upper arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

I have 4 at the moment,i will get more at some stage.

I dont know why i got it,but i have this tattoo on my left arm :o

Kamjana wrote: »
    I dont know why i got it,but i have this tattoo on my left arm :o

The life/death one? Yeah it's pretty good, but I wouldn't get it myself.

I have three. Two of which I loathe and would cover up in a flash (I'm on/off saving and thinking of what to cover them up with!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

chin_grin wrote: »
    The life/death one? Yeah it's pretty good, but I wouldn't get it myself.

I have three. Two of which I loathe and would cover up in a flash (I'm on/off saving and thinking of what to cover them up with!).

Yeah the life/death one,i also have another big one down my left forearm and i hate it,i think i will eventually just get a sleeve done and cover it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

I have none and have no intention of getting one. I like them though, nothing says "I'm an idiot" like a tattoo.

Also, I know the 84% of the people here who claim to be Catholic don't exactly care for the words of their bible, but let us remember Leviticus 19:28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD". But hey, who listens to a 2000 year old book these days anyway :D

Kamjana wrote: »
    Yeah the life/death one,i also have another big one down my left forearm and i hate it,i think i will eventually just get a sleeve done and cover it up.

I'm actually considering blacking out the whole tattoo and getting scarification. I've seen a few and they turn out really well, it's like a negative effect (using the 'white space').

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I've a dragon on my left upper arm - had it years and years - want an iron cross on my right - auld fella won an iron cross in "the emergency" and I inherited it when he karked. Also because it might p1ss off the PC brigade when I bring my kids swimming/on hols.

Pottler wrote: »
    Also because it might p1ss off the PC brigade when I bring my kids swimming/on hols.

Textbook wrong reason to get a tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angelbabie

I have none and have no intention of getting one. I like them though, nothing says "I'm an idiot" like a tattoo.

Also, I know the 84% of the people here who claim to be Catholic don't exactly care for the words of their bible, but let us remember Leviticus 19:28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD". But hey, who listens to a 2000 year old book these days anyway :D

the bible also says a lot of things like do not murder etc so go preach that to all the rapist, paedophiles and murderers out there which include half the priests that are in the catholic church!!!

what i do to my body is my business and i certainly am no idiot for doing so. Its all about personal choice no?

Nothing says "I'm an idiot" by judging people for having tattoos. (I wonder where that phrase "Judge not, lest ye be judged" comes from?).

Also I'm more worried by the fact that you know the words of a book that should belong in the fiction section in libraries and book shops.

....so I'm an idiot now. Lovely stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

None. Tattooing was originally a cultural thing, but now its just writing on yourself.

Nodin wrote: »
    ....so I'm an idiot now. Lovely stuff.

I'm an idiot too. For wanting art on my body that I can look at and admire and go "this represents something important to me".

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    None. Tattooing was originally a cultural thing, but now its just writing on yourself. A four year old would know not to do that.

...and now I'm an idiot four year old. This thread is most informative.

Advertisement