Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

1.Holland win 1.9
    2.Holland -0.5 AH 2.075

3.Also a treble, Cordoba, Holland U19, and Over 1.5 in Holland/Bayern game. Works out at 1.71.

€50 on each 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Only really going for Holland today. Got on it @ 1.83 yesterday (on PP). Now @ 1.73 on same site. Heard it opened over 2.00.

Like others said, they should really win with all the weird team news (Holland want to win to get ready for Euro and boost team morale, and various Bayern players don't want to play [are been asked not to play] in fear they injure themselves for the same tournament for their country). Apparently, even if Muller, Kroos, Gomez, and others play they wont be on for too long.

Also, as a team, Bayern should be depressed as hell right now after two bad losses in a row.

€20 on it BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Would it be worth throwing in Poland with Holland? Might go with that. They'll surely have too much for Latvia and like the Holland bet, will want to get confidence up with a few goals and a win.

Cake Man wrote: »
    Would it be worth throwing in Poland with Holland? Might go with that. They'll surely have too much for Latvia and like the Holland bet, will want to get confidence up with a few goals and a win.

I believe Poland have a limited team today - or at least do not have their strongest squad in their opening XI. That could cause some problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Starting Poland XI (confirmed) - Łukasz Fabiański - Sebastian Boenisch, Marcin Wasilewski, Tomasz Jodłowiec, Grzegorz Wojtkowiak - Eugen Polanski, Rafał Murawski (captain), Adrian Mierzejewski, Rafał Wolski, Kamil Grosicki - Paweł Brożek

Pretty poor, Brozek had a terrible season and he was also never a quality striker against deep defenses (like I expected Latvia to play). I don't see goals with this line-up, maybe in 2nd half when Obraniak, Blaszczykowski and Lewandowski will play (if they do).

I would skip this match for betting, maybe Under 2.5 is an option here. I am still not sure if I will be watching it, as options to visit cinema and going for a few beers afterwards just looks more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    Under 3.5 in Levadia Tallinn v Tammeka Tartu
    Nomme Kalju
    @ 1.78

Happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Over 2.5 in both Cordoba and Tromsladen games - Both @ 4/7
    Girona to beat Villarreal B @ 4/6

3/1 Treble

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

tinodz wrote: »
    I believe Poland have a limited team today - or at least do not have their strongest squad in their opening XI. That could cause some problems.

its not been played in poland either..been played in austria..so its not as if the poles will have a home support..usually these friendlies are dull affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

tinodz wrote: »
    Thats right Poland are missing at least 3 or 4 of their regular starters including top marksman Lewandowski.Latvia are said to be a defensive side that look to counter so expect a tight affair.Poland proberly to nick it 1-0.
    Holland seem to be hotly tipped to win tonight.All their stars will be playing Van Persie,Sneijder,Van Der Vaart as they prepare for the Euros while Munich should be very low in morale after the weekend and have their minds set on their holidays.They wont be playing any of their internationals like Ribery,Olic,Van Buyten never mind their top German Internationals.Holland 3-0 win.

Im going for a double of Poland v Latvia under 2.5 goals & Holland to win
    @2/1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Posted yesterday the likely Holland team which is now confirmed:

Nederland: Vorm; Boulahrouz, Vlaar, Mathijsen en Willems; De Jong en Van der Vaart; Narsingh, Sneijder en Kuijt; Huntelaar.

Players you might not know:

Narsingh had the most assists this season in Holland, top scorer Bas Dost profited nicely from that. Not too technical but fast as an arrow

Willems is an 18 year left back from PSV and a liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Poland 2/5
    Girona 4/6

Double
    Stake 30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

any news on the Bayern team

Bayern: Butt; Rafinha, Tymoschuk, Badstuber, Pranjic; Müller, Gustavo, Kroos, Alaba, Olic; Pedersen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Time to worry - Holland gone from 8/11 to 11/10 with PP:eek:

and out to 7/5 on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

the dutch have a good team out too RVP,Huntelaar,VDV,Sneijder all start,they probably know something we dont like all the big guns be taken off at HT and Munich throw on Gomez,Ribery etc for the 2nd 45,might just skip this one

Holland back up to 1.90 on Paddy Power

Holland at 2.10 now on PP

Bayren odds falling quickly

Oh no!

Found a wee gem for tonight i hope
    Adam Drurys testimonial Live on Setanta Ireland
    Norwich v Celtic

Big note on Norwich Evs

Norwich Team Steer, Drury, Johnson, Vaughan, Holt, Hoolahan, E Bennett, Barnett, Ward, Howson, Naughton.

Celtic Team Forster; McGeouch, K. Wilson, Findlay, Blackman; Ibrahim, McCourt, Commons; Watt, Hooper, Stokes

With the entire history of how this Bayern - Holland match was organised i can see a friendly draw being played out.

I stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

magherakid wrote: »
    Norwich v Celtic

Big note on Norwich Evs

Norwich Team Steer, Drury, Johnson, Vaughan, Holt, Hoolahan, E Bennett, Barnett, Ward, Howson, Naughton.

Celtic Team Forster; McGeouch, K. Wilson, Findlay, Blackman; Ibrahim, McCourt, Commons; Watt, Hooper, Stokes

Maybe go with overs instead, plenty of goals in that Celtic team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

put a 5er on the draw at 12/5 in holland bayern game

magherakid wrote: »
    Norwich v Celtic

Big note on Norwich Evs

cheers Norwich :D

Don't back friendlies. There a good idea for a tag :/

Over 2.5 in both Cordoba and Tromsladen games - Both @ 4/7
    Girona to beat Villarreal B @ 4/6

3/1 Treble

Cordoba only won 2-0 after missing a hatful of chances and playing against 10 men for a good bit of the 2nd half :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Cordoba -1 @ 10/11

Awesome sauce. Started with a tenner yesterday, now up to 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

De Dannan wrote: »
    Not a whole lot going on football wise today, but i am looking at this for a double

Cordoba v FC Cartagena
    Girona v Villareal b BTTS

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Colo Colo vs Deportes might have a little value in the unders market.

9 games at home for Colo Colo this season,2 overs.Last 5 have gone under.

8 games away for depor,2 over as well.The last 4 meetings between both sides have gone under too.

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/05/23/chile/primera-division/club-social-y-deportivo-colo-colo/municipal-iquique/1285128/

27/20 on bet 365

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Avai @ 1/2 for me later on.

Also, some might remember me being rather fond of it last year when it came to them. Japan are in action tomorrow morning. Win to Nil @ 8/11, unders @ 11/10 and home win and 1 or 2 goals @ 21/10 interest me, no idea what I'll pick though! Probably best to wait for the Japan line up on this one.

I've actually gone for Un 2.5 (6/5) in that game Ade, only 2nd game of the season, hoping teams are a bit rusty and wont be many goals :)

I know this is a football betting thread but just for giggles I threw in 2 baseball games:

Yankees/Royals Ov 9 runs @10/11
    Tigers/Indians Ov 9 runs @ 21/20
    Un 2.5 Avai @ 6/5

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Poland 2/5
    Girona 4/6

Double
    Stake 30

Thanks for the tips lads,

This discussion has been closed.