Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AER LINGUS- ISSUE

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KayleighRen

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Schipol is Amsterdam airport.

KLM manage the gate procedures - Aer Lingus have no involvement, unless you spoke to them on the gangway immediately prior to boarding.

Hope the SCC works out for you - is attendance not mandatory?

Oh my... Im sorry, I thought Schipol was a german Airport (it's probably Munich or something that i was actually thinking of- it's been a while now.. so i forgot) and i usually never pay attention to the surrounding as all i think about is arrive to Dublin asap because my flight beforehand would be like a 13 hours flight and i cannot sleep at all on planes..
    Im not sure how normal procedure went, but for me it was with aerlingus. I even stared at their uniform for a bit.. i'm really sure it was definitely aer lingus staffs.

Thank you :)
    Well, i am the prosecutor. I was given an offer by the their head office.. .
    By the way, thanks for reminding me that schipol is in amsterdam :) otherwise... it might be embarrassing in the future :p. cheers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

For someone who claims English is not their first language, You make me wonder.

You sure know how to recognise sarcasm.....Are You for real?

Also something just doesn't add up here. We have 2 people who travel through Amsterdam, who both say have never seen AL staff manning the gates, yet You are adamant that it happened the one time You went through??

I'm not saying AL are saints ( though I have absolutly NEVER had a problem with them whenever I have used them), but there is something here that just doesn't add up.

You say the court case is on Tuesday? Keep us informed please of the outcome.

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    For someone who claims English is not their first language, You make me wonder.

You sure know how to recognise sarcasm.....Are You for real?

Also something just doesn't add up here. We have 2 people who travel through Amsterdam, who both say have never seen AL staff manning the gates, yet You are adamant that it happened the one time You went through??

I'm not saying AL are saints ( though I have absolutly NEVER had a problem with them whenever I have used them), but there is something here that just doesn't add up.

You say the court case is on Tuesday? Keep us informed please of the outcome.

English isn't my first language. Chinese is my first language. You can wonder as much as you wish, i'm telling the truth.
    For real about what? :confused::confused::confused:

You know... I'm just telling the truth. it is true that the ladies checked me in was from AL. No doubt to that, and plus whats the point of me lying as my thread is about whether to go or not to go. it's not as if I'm faking any evidences.
    Aerlingus does have staffs over in Amsterdam - official staffs and partner staffs. (as in ones that are from partner companies.)

The chances are, you are probably the one of the lucky ones that things such as
    -Lost luggage
    -Damaged luggage
    never happened to you.

Do you know, within a year how many AL constumers have issues with their luggage? Especially with the check in ones.
    Maybe try and go one day out of the blue into the DAA and sit in the second floor in T2, near to the telephone stand that is for luggage lost and damage. Stay there for a 2-3 hours and it will amaze you the amount of people that comes and pick up the phone and being refused.

The truth is, it's just the way they drag things and hell a lot of the people don't even bother after they refuse and also it takes forever. So it takes a lot of time and patience to deal with them.

(I'm trying to put this as polite as i can, apologies if i had offended you.)
    Whether it makes sense to you or not, the problem is mine but thanks for sparing your time trying to figure out things.

Will do that if I'm gonna go.

Issue sorted. If possible, please delete this thread for me. Thank you
    - Kayleigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Issue sorted. If possible, please delete this thread for me. Thank you
    - Kayleigh

Well do tell us the final outcome!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

If I am wrong then apologies. I just see where You are proficient in English in some areas of Your submissions, then others seems bit vague.

Accept You are Chinese, and apologise.

BUt please let us know how the issue was sorted - as I said above, I have flown with AL on many an occassion and have never had an issue with them - wish there were more airlines like them TBH!

Oh, and no need to apologise, I'm not offended, if anyone should apologise it's me.

BrianD wrote: »
    Well do tell us the final outcome!!

I was offered the Voucher of the value of €318 which can be used by 'any of my family member' against the use of any Aerlingus Tickets...

or Alternetively half of the price of the calim- €159 in cheque.

Well, my parents said that since summer is approching, just keep the voucher and we'll go a family trip someday in june.

Thank you for your concern :)

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    If I am wrong then apologies. I just see where You are proficient in English in some areas of Your submissions, then others seems bit vague.

Accept You are Chinese, and apologise.

BUt please let us know how the issue was sorted - as I said above, I have flown with AL on many an occassion and have never had an issue with them - wish there were more airlines like them TBH!

Oh, and no need to apologise, I'm not offended, if anyone should apologise it's me.

Oh, My apoogies too. My english teacher say my sentence structure is kinda messed up so im sorry if some of my statements didnt make much sence.

Yes, I offered the voucher of €318 for the use of any of my family members against any aerlingus flights. Or alternatively a cheque for the value of €159.

My parents are rather fed up, so they said just accept the voucher as the offer is fair enough. If the case loses, no one is benefiting from anything and that includes the Aerlingus. So my parents said that it's time for a family trip someday in June. :D

If Aerlingus try to miniminze the luggage lost and damage cases, I do believe they are quite good. As the seats are very comfortable and they are mostly on time and never late (from my lil few experinces they never were). - If they improve, then yes, I do approve what you said that theyre shoult be more airlines like aerlingus it self.

Apology aceepted and thanks for understanding :):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Glad you're happy with the outcome.

Advertisement