Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward-RTE Radio

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

my friend wrote: »
    I have done a little digging...

http://www.lamarathon.com/

the only Grimes that finished the LA Marathon was a 63 year old Jim Grimes, I think the 2 fairy boys just jumped in on the Boulevard, I note the absence of Race Numbers on them....

jedward-marathon-i_1030785t.jpg

Attention Seeking Fail

I was on the LA Marathon course a number of years ago ( during the race ) and won a KEarth Radio T shirt for my knowledge of The Beatles back catalogue. Maybe, had I got an interview, I might be famous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dechecho

Lapin wrote: »
    Few will argue that the twins are a clean living pair of lads with good heads on their shoulders.
    And I don't have a problem with them exploiting whatever market they can sell their brand to.

But lets not confuse popularity with talent here.

Brand Jedward are a product and there is a market out there for what they sell.

But they cannot sing.
    And thats what annoys me about RTÉ's sycophantic fawning over them in recent weeks. Our state broadcaster is sending them to the worlds biggest song contest at the expense of someone with genuine talent.

I wish them luck but I wouldn't be naive enough to think they're here for the long term. (In their current guise anyway).

Popularity wanes over time. Talent, on the other hand is permanent.

Just look at any of Louis Walsh's former "projects".

They can sing. PLEASE look at this if you don't believe me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnK8AyEgipw

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Will someone pass on this message to Derek Mooney, Marty Whelan and Paul G.

We're just days away from Jedward making the nation proud/suicidal during the Eurovision Song Contest semi-finals and the duo have been busy refuting those nagging gay rumours.

Me and Edward are straight," John -who only gets one measly letter from their group name - told The Irish Sun. "You don’t know the stuff we get up to with girls.

“We have loads of girls so sorry to all the guys out there — you are still awesome but no, not this time.”

How much is it costing the taxpayer for Derek Mooney to engage his Jedward/Eurovision fetish?I feel like making a Jedward-RTE watch. Yet again on Pat Kenny's show this morning in the middle of a conversation with Eddie Hobbs + on Hector,Tubridy, Colm Hayes and Morning Ireland already today.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

Lapin wrote: »

But they cannot sing.
    And thats what annoys me about RTÉ's sycophantic fawning over them in recent weeks. Our state broadcaster is sending them to the worlds biggest song contest at the expense of someone with genuine talent.

Couldn't have put this better.

And the chickens really came home to roost tonight with their flat pitching which made their performance sound second-rate and amateurish compared to the other acts.

Not even the "Jedward-Occupied Territory" - otherwise known as the Mooney Show - will be able to spin this away.

But tune in on Monday afternoon to hear them do it anyway, breathlessly exclaiming how they were the life and soul of Baku, gave everyone a 'lift' (whatever that means - are they driving a taxi in their spare time?) and were completely let down by the voting system and those nepotistic Slavs, etc.

Yes, folks, we've heard it all before.

But don't take it too seriously - we're all underwriting this fiasco...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Gergiev wrote: »
    And the chickens really came home to roost tonight with their flat pitching which made their performance sound second-rate and amateurish compared to the other acts.
    It was cringeworthy, indeed.
    But tune in on Monday afternoon to hear them do it anyway, breathlessly exclaiming how they were the life and soul of Baku, gave everyone a 'lift' (whatever that means - are they driving a taxi in their spare time?) and were completely let down by the voting system and those nepotistic Slavs, etc.
    Yes, yes, all is well, they "done us proud" etc. Bah. It will be Spin City.

As I've said elsewhere on these boards, I don't begrudge them their success, but I genuinely wish they don't have any further involvement with the Eurovision in this country. In my opinion, both times they went they took the place of someone far more talented. Let them stick to their pantos, mobile phone promotions, charity singles etc but leave the Eurovision to others.

RTÉ should start to swiftly turn down the exposure these two are getting.
    While they're at it, they should sweep out the same old hacks that they have been falling back on (Lynda Martin, I'm looking at you) and let some new blood sort out our next EV entry.

• Advertisement

Couldn't have put this better.

Not even the "Jedward-Occupied Territory" - otherwise known as the Mooney Show - will be able to spin this away.

Yes, folks, we've heard it all before.

But don't take it too seriously - we're all underwriting this fiasco...

They're on Mooney again today. Mooney needs to be taken aside by someone in RTE and told to just stop it. A grown man giggling over two boys and all the sexual innuendo that lies within is not really suitable daytime radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

ghiertal wrote: »
    They're on Mooney again today. Mooney needs to be taken aside by someone in RTE and told to just stop it. A grown man giggling over two boys and all the sexual innuendo that lies within is not really suitable daytime radio.

Mooney is just trying to tells us all something about himself without actually having to come out from inside the closet.

Inappropriate behaviour with two young fellas.

Neeson wrote: »
    Mooney is just trying to tells us all something about himself without actually having to come out from inside the closet.

Inappropriate behaviour with two young fellas.

You are probably right there, it's odd that he has never acknowledged it and yet has numerous segments within the show promoting gay rights such as adoption and marriage(+ legal rights). If Jewdard weren't managed by Louis Walsh or gay there is no way that he would have had them on as much. If he is such an advocate for gay rights then it is time for him to come out, that is if he actually is gay. Otherwise all of what he is doing could be seen as counterproductive for the community, a gay man on a gay crusade but unwilling to expose himself.

True. All his listeners must be thinking there's something wrong with being gay. He has to keep it a secret to keep the afternoon tea granny brigade on board though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GJF

Are you saying that you think that Money should come out as being gay? If so you have missed it, he did so a couple of yeard ago and makes reference to it from time to time on his show.

Apologies if I have picked you up incorrectly

• Advertisement

Didn't know Derek Mooney came out as gay at all. :eek: I suppose that explains the regular gay agenda on his show.

GJF wrote: »
    Are you saying that you think that Money should come out as being gay? If so you have missed it, he did so a couple of yeard ago and makes reference to it from time to time on his show.

Apologies if I have picked you up incorrectly

You posted this last week but Derek Mooney only came out yesterday. Are you Marty McFly? He has never mentioned it on his radio show by the way and it adds a new dimension to his obsession with those boys. I've come to the conclusion that half of RTE is gay, I'm not going to get into listing them but if someone as obvious as Derek Mooney can deny it then how many others are trying to land the gay/Jedward agenda down on us.
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/derek-mooney-finally-reveals-he-is-gay-and-insists-that-its-no-big-deal-3191313.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I don't see what difference Derek Mooney's sexuality has in this situation. lets keep it on topic folks

Haha Jaysus. It's about time. Why didn't he do it years ago and then he wouldn't have all the people sniggering about his Jedward antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Can't wait for those two ultra annoying airheads to have their 'Milli Vanilli' moment.

I reckon they are too self adoring to consider topping themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Bodhran

Yeah but you kinda have to like them all the same.

Bodhran wrote: »
    Yeah but you kinda have to like them all the same.

No. They're beyond liking. They could just act normal but of course if they did then jedward would no longer exist. I'd imagine they'll soon get sick of this image they've made for themselves as two thick teens. They're not children anymore but have to act like imbeciles in order to keep the cash cow going.

Advertisement