Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J Jones vs Hendo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just for future reference:

I think Orange 2 just floats into threads on here, says something to stir something and then leaves without replying.

No not at all, I asked a question about what Henderson has done to deserve a title shot as I said I dont follow all the fights and it was answered.

I then said Henderson will get slaughtered and i was quoted with "that's a ridiculous statement". Yet some poster said Henderson will knock out Jones in the first round and this was thanked and people discussed and agreed with it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Oranage2 wrote: »
    No not at all, I asked a question about what Henderson has done to deserve a title shot as I said I dont follow all the fights and it was answered.

I then said Henderson will get slaughtered and i was quoted with "that's a ridiculous statement". Yet some poster said Henderson will knock out Jones in the first round and this was thanked and people discussed and agreed with it :confused:

it was a ridiculous statement. however, lets move as you were corrected on that point

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Perhaps it's your posting style. Your "question" of "What had Henderson done to deserve a title shot?" came across as a statement of "I don't think Henderson has earned a title shot".

You called the match "pointless" and said he didn't have a chance, which gave people the impression you followed the sport and had formed an informed opinion based on all of the factors.

But as you say, you don't watch all of the fights and your Hendo statement was actually a question. So "pinch of salt" comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Right lads stop nit picking-throw away statement i'd say.

After his last gas out fest with Shogun if ya where to base it on that i'd be worried for him.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

yeah Hendo hasn't got the gas for Jones. Plus Jones seems to wear the sh1t outa fighters coz he keeps ya guessing like Silva does no time to relax. Hendo bomb in first 2-3 mins or it's lights I reckon. Deserves the chance obviously but is massively outclassed like everyone else on the planet. If Hendo slams one of those overhands into Jones who then falls face first into the canvas the place will just go silent in awe of Hendo and I will build a small church in his honor in me kitchen.

• Advertisement

Perhaps it's your posting style. Your "question" of "What had Henderson done to deserve a title shot?" came across as a statement of "I don't think Henderson has earned a title shot".

You called the match "pointless" and said he didn't have a chance, which gave people the impression you followed the sport and had formed an informed opinion based on all of the factors.

But as you say, you don't watch all of the fights and your Hendo statement was actually a question. So "pinch of salt" comes to mind.

apology accepted.

About the fight Jones is just going to dance about for 2 or 3 rounds and just knock Henderson out in the 3rd or fourth.

apology accepted.

About the fight Jones is just going to dance about for 2 or 3 rounds and just knock Henderson out in the 3rd or fourth.

If by "dance about" you mean use speed and movement to pick apart Hendo with punches, elbows, kicks and knees, I agree.

If by "dance about" you mean use speed and movement to pick apart Hendo with punches, elbows, kicks and knees, I agree.

Ha that made me actually LOL :D

And close enough, I was more thinking quick in and out combinations and wear Hendo down and then when Henderson is gassed Jones knocks him out prehaps round 2 though more likely 3-4, give the fans their money's worth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Ha that made me actually LOL :D

And close enough, I was more thinking quick in and out combinations and wear Hendo down and then when Henderson is gassed Jones knocks him out prehaps round 2 though more likely 3-4, give the fans their money's worth ;)

Don't be stupid! he might possible win by ref stoppage(tko) , but most likely submission. But him knocking hendo out ain't going to happen. Jones has never shown knock out power. His two accredited KO, parker porter not a KO, Carlos Eduardo yes. So he hasn't being displaying anything that would suggest he could KO Hendo.

Unless to spice it up Dana flings a sledgehammer over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Come on, nit-picking over knock out verses technical knock out???
    I think the poster just meant "win by knock out", in generally speech including TKO also.

Should Korean Zombie give the sub of the night bonus back as it was actually a technical submission. :D:D:D

Edit:
    If somebody said something like "Jon Jones lots of power, sure didn't he knock Shogun unconscious", then go ahead and remind them the ref actually stopped it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Hendo hasn't a chance in hell. The interesting thing about this fight is whether Bones can finish him, doubt it'll come by KO though.

Jones may have not KO'd many yet but sure as hell the guy could knock anyone out with one kick or one spinning strike and certainly elbows of all kinds.. that it hasn't happened yet means nothing at all... he's clearly more powerful than anyone ever at 205. He's not primed to go for that one punch KO as he's so well rounded he's forever in the pocket weaving and parrying, he doesn't come in cocked for a massive Chuck style over hand but he clearly has the power to flatten someone although it's not his style, I don't think it's anyone's style really anymore (Hendo notwithstanding).

Bones by darce! BOOM!

After it happens I will come back, quote this, show everyone I was right and you will all bow down to me and crown me KING OF THE MMA FORUM!

MWAH HA HA HA HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

For people to say Hendo has no chance at all is ridiculous. The man is a legend and has taken some high profile scalps in his career. You can never count him out.
    I agree he is a big underdog and if I was betting on it I'd put my money on Jones. But this is mma and anybody can beat anybody on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dean09 wrote: »
    For people to say Hendo has no chance at all is ridiculous. The man is a legend and has taken some high profile scalps in his career. You can never count him out.
    I agree he is a big underdog and if I was betting on it I'd put my money on Jones. But this is mma and anybody can beat anybody on the night.

Especially if you have a cinder block for a hand that always seems to land at least once.

Yeah I can see Jones gettin a D'arce in from a double leg attempt by Hendo when his back's against the fence and Jones is picking him apart.. Hendo shoots, gets stuffed, bones moves to the side reaches under rolls to his side and squeezes like an anaconda job done hype over next please....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I'm worried Hendo will fail to get inside due to Bones speed, reach and movement and it will be like watching Evans and Jones all over again.

Although I would expect Hendo to go down swinging unlike Evans.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yeah I can see Jones gettin a D'arce in from a double leg attempt by Hendo when his back's against the fence and Jones is picking him apart.. Hendo shoots, gets stuffed, bones moves to the side reaches under rolls to his side and squeezes like an anaconda job done hype over next please....

Id be surprised if Hendo shoots at all. He wrestles more from the clinch and would be smarter then shooting from outside Jones reach. I could see him faking then swinging an overhand

oh believe me in his prime in Pride you're right but now when he's gassin and takin shots from Jones from the outside against the cage, anyone would shoot... or try to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
    Jon Jones' management team has also confirmed the news of his arrest on suspicion of DUI last night. ...

Huge headache for ufc, even bigger for jon jones. He will be torn to pieces in the press.

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
    Jon Jones' management team has also confirmed the news of his arrest on suspicion of DUI last night. ...

Huge headache for ufc, even bigger for jon jones. He will be torn to pieces in the press.
    I don't think it's too much of a big deal.
    It'll hurt his squeaky clean image for a while but he'll probably make an apology, followed by some big speech and a donation to a charity and it'll be forgotten about soon enough.
    Sure just look at Leben, I don't think he ever drives sober and he's still doing ok!
    It's a minor glitch but it may affect his sponsorship. It'll be interesting to see if he still wears the UFC gear in his next walkout.

DUI could mean very mildly over the limit couldn't it.. so not necessarily a chuck (at the garage) or Leben type event.. the details will come out as reporters get stuck into it and he'll do an interview and apologize for his actions (to those who might see him as a role model etc) at the next presser and it'll go away.. and as you say the black mark on his squeaky clean jock image might work in his favor. Dana prob paid off a cop to arrest him to generate buzz or some sh1t ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Yes lads, this is great PR in up state New York

weemcd wrote: »
    Yes lads, this is great PR in up state New York
    I never said its good PR.
    Im aware of the licensing issues in New York but one fighter having a DUI can't do the sport harm.

Advertisement