Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Diageo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ronanmc1987

Recon wrote: »
    Have you had any dealing with Heineken?

Yes we sell Heineken draught,been looking for a contact email to get a complete stocklist?..why do u ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Yes we sell Heineken draught,been looking for a contact email to get a complete stocklist?..why do u ask?

Just curious. I've always found them to be a lot nicer to deal with than diageo.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

you could try getting beamish (through heineken) to rival guinness. Sales of it have skyrocketed all over the country over the last few years because its about 50c cheaper per pint. And heineken are much easier to deal with I found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

It'd be worth asking your Heineken rep what he could do for you if you where only taking his products, I've seen bars do this in Dublin, they'll probably organise something for you.

While its nice to think craft beer is the answer for every pub its really not the case, be sure to do some test marketing before cutting off ties with anyone. Remember that craft beer will involve some sales initiatative for you and your staff as the majority of people who walk through your door may not have heard of a craft beer or be aware that there are microbreweries around. If done correctly it can be a huge draw for your pub.

I have heard of Dublin city centre bars inquiring about stocking craft beer and seemed to get responses, but as their main market its no extra hassle for them to deliver a few cases to another city centre pub.

The best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

As a one outlet operation your going to pay through the roof for stock direct from the likes of diageo (with the exception of kegs)...best bet is to find a beer wholsaler in the area...i know theres a crowd around longford or a good one in donegal who should service you...failing that musgraves in galway will be willing to do business with you and will carry a good range at keen prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

Thanks so much for that full listing beernut....very helpful!,Im based in Cavan which unfortunately means the irish breweries have little interest going by their lack of response.

Dissapointing that some Irish breweries aren't showing much interest but I suppose they have limited resources. The bigger Irish craft breweries like O'Hara's and Galway Hooker should be able to accommodate you. If you are collecting yourself Inishmacsaint is in Fermanagh could be a short drive, but dont know importing/tax issues with that. Porterhouse brewery is in Blanch so on the Cavan road too. Best of luck and keep us updated!

Advertisement