Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South County GC Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gboru

carman2011 wrote: »
    Ding , said in reply to my previous post that we can play opens now, obv I know this and have been doing so , but what u seem to be overlooking it that the reason we still have handicaps now is because the committee (that u say have failed) have been manually maintaining them on club 2000. It is the men's club and this committee that the GUI recognise, not the old liquidated company, not the new identity.
    If as u suggest, we move away from this committee/men's club etc, then the handicaps lapse, and we all have no handicaps, can't play opens etc until the new registration is in place.
    I commend all your positivity and I too want to get back playing golf at south county, but for someone like me who plays a lot of opens and scratch cups ,losing my handicap for an interim period of time that could be up to a few months is a serious consideration .

I spoke to a friend of mine after mass this morning who is an ex. senior officer with the Leinster Branch of the GUI. I explained the situation to him. He confirmed that the only folks with any standing regarding SCGC (what we are referring to as the old club) is the Mens committee - particular the Mens Captain. Until the GUI formally hear from that committee on the current status nothing will change in regards to SCGC as far as the GUI and Leinster Branch is concerned and certainly no other SCGC would be considered for affiliation at this time. He said that if the 'new club' wanted to start the process now they would have to do it under another name i.e. they couldn't use the name South County. He said that if the current committee wrote to the GUI and Leinster Branch indicating that the club ceased to exist then they would probably 'accept' a new application from a new club known as SCGC - but that would go through the normal affiliation process. He also suggested that the 'old' club would probably have pass a resolution to wind up the club at some kind of egm. His advice was to check the current Articles or club constitution. He also confirmed that Leinster Branch and GUI committees do not meet over the summer months. So, all in all, those who are suggesting a quick affiliation in a few weeks do not understand GUI golf administration and processes. To suggest to potential members to join this new club on that basis would be misleading. I will wait to hear from the 'old' Mens committee before deciding what I plan to do but if the 'old' club officially ends, I probably won't wait around for the affiliation process for the new club to be approved. I want to play proper affiliated golf asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ding Ding

gboru wrote: »
    carman2011 wrote: »
    Ding , said in reply to my previous post that we can play opens now, obv I know this and have been doing so , but what u seem to be overlooking it that the reason we still have handicaps now is because the committee (that u say have failed) have been manually maintaining them on club 2000. It is the men's club and this committee that the GUI recognise, not the old liquidated company, not the new identity.
    If as u suggest, we move away from this committee/men's club etc, then the handicaps lapse, and we all have no handicaps, can't play opens etc until the new registration is in place.
    I commend all your positivity and I too want to get back playing golf at south county, but for someone like me who plays a lot of opens and scratch cups ,losing my handicap for an interim period of time that could be up to a few months is a serious consideration .

I spoke to a friend of mine after mass this morning who is an ex. senior officer with the Leinster Branch of the GUI. I explained the situation to him. He confirmed that the only folks with any standing regarding SCGC (what we are referring to as the old club) is the Mens committee - particular the Mens Captain. Until the GUI formally hear from that committee on the current status nothing will change in regards to SCGC as far as the GUI and Leinster Branch is concerned and certainly no other SCGC would be considered for affiliation at this time. He said that if the 'new club' wanted to start the process now they would have to do it under another name i.e. they couldn't use the name South County. He said that if the current committee wrote to the GUI and Leinster Branch indicating that the club ceased to exist then they would probably 'accept' a new application from a new club known as SCGC - but that would go through the normal affiliation process. He also suggested that the 'old' club would probably have pass a resolution to wind up the club at some kind of egm. His advice was to check the current Articles or club constitution. He also confirmed that Leinster Branch and GUI committees do not meet over the summer months. So, all in all, those who are suggesting a quick affiliation in a few weeks do not understand GUI golf administration and processes. To suggest to potential members to join this new club on that basis would be misleading. I will wait to hear from the 'old' Mens committee before deciding what I plan to do but if the 'old' club officially ends, I probably won't wait around for the affiliation process for the new club to be approved. I want to play proper affiliated golf asap.

The old committee agenda is a bit different to yours and mine. It involves dictating to an independent landowner what he can and cannot do with his property.
    It also involves dictating who can and cannot join and forcing him to accept old board members to his club.
    Arrogance is one word I can think of but there are plenty of stronger ones.
    I must be old fashioned where I expected a committee to represent the interests of members and keep them updated rather than pursue their own agenda.
    There were a coupe of hundred witnesses to the mandate they were given.
    Wouldn't fancy the top table tomorrow trying to explain their messing!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Gambino

Ding Ding wrote: »
    I think you'll agree I've only put facts into the system and have been called a liar, questioned on being related to landlord and various other stuff. Part of me is inclined just to stop and just let people figure things out themselves, my only hope was that some real info might convince genuine people to stick with it and avoid joining other clubs for the wrong reasons.

I dont like the board bashing that went on, yes they got stuff wrong but they were volunteers which I know does not excuse failure to communicate. Likewise the committee are volunteers, but they got a clear simple mandate and have sent us about 4 useless emails asking us to 'be patient, bear with us etc'. Then they sent some sort of rant last week which simply put their credibility in the same dustbin as the boards. Despite this I think it's tough on directors to be excluded but obviously understand why, it's a sad fact but trust had been badly damaged.

On you handicap point, my understanding is that the GUI have been flexible here so don't think handicaps are at risk for opens. Obviously affiliation yesterday would be perfect, but it's not that far away.

I thought the note from owners was the clearest communication we've got from anybody since becoming members. Agree a specific date or ideally confirmation of affiliation would be best, but there's a lot of boxes ticked, bunkers to be sorted this week for example.

Anyway I'm confident to go with new setup and it was great to see a lot of familiar faces around yesterday.

Everybody is obviously free to participate in this forum but people throwing stones and 'kicking a dog when he's down' is not constructive.
    I'm inclined to agree with you Ding. At this stage you are in danger of sharing with me the title of Public Enemy #1 around here. Fun isn't it?

Lets hope tomorrow night clarifies the situation. If discussions between the Kavanaghs and the committees have broken down, we need to know why and I guess we either back them or we don't. Options exist in either case but irrespective of what we decide tomorrow or at an EGM, it looks as if the Kavanaghs are going to form a club on their course. We can decide collectively if we want to be part of that. If we don't, then we can decide individually. The former route is the more attractive as it is the quickest way back to affiliation and all the rest. However the other option still exists.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    You are missing the point he is making. He was allowed to fork out 7k a week before the loan waiver for introducing a friend came in. I agree with him the board acted morally wrong in accepting the fee knowing full well that the waiver was coming in. Stay classy Gambino.

I'm not missing his point. He wanted to renegotiate his deal because the prices changed after and the club refused. So how many other deals should the club have done over? Just his, or all those the previous week -or month -or two months? Longer?
    As for the loyalty - someone want applause because he paid his bills? So did I and in return we got a golf club. That was the deal.
    Now they go to another club while the rest of us work to get SC back on track -but they might grace us with their custom if and when they have decided we have done it right.
    Spare me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

gboru wrote: »

This is also my understanding from a leading GUI official. The club constitution will play an important role in what happens next. If a new club has to be formed it will have to go through the affiliation process which won't happen overnight.
    Does anyone know how long it took City West to get their affiliation back this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Gambino wrote: »
    I'm not missing his point. He wanted to renegotiate his deal because the prices changed after and the club refused. So how many other deals should the club have done over? Just his, or all those the previous week -or month -or two months? Longer?
    As for the loyalty - someone want applause because he paid his bills? So did I and in return we got a golf club. That was the deal.
    Now they go to another club while the rest of us work to get SC back on track -but they might grace us with their custom if and when they have decided we have done it right.
    Spare me.

Spare you. Lol. It was one week after they too 7k knowing fully they were going to introduce a loan waiver, I would lovectivsay what I really think of them but might get banned. You keep it classy and hang with your old board member friends or will you distance yourself now that some other poster tells us they are not welcome in Southcounty..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tiger14ki

Spare me.

Except we paid our bills and did not get a golf club this year so what deal exactly did we get?anything I have brought up so far was in response to the suggestion I somehow am honour bound to save the club that screwed many over.loved the course...enjoyed 20 or so specific people's company(whom I know have also gone elsewhere) but this forum confirms how ****e it would be to go back.

I think you'll agree I've only put facts into the system and have been called a liar, questioned on being related to landlord and various other stuff. Part of me is inclined just to stop and just let people figure things out themselves, my only hope was that some real info might convince genuine people to stick with it and avoid joining other clubs for the wrong reasons.

I dont like the board bashing that went on, yes they got stuff wrong but they were volunteers which I know does not excuse failure to communicate. Likewise the committee are volunteers, but they got a clear simple mandate and have sent us about 4 useless emails asking us to 'be patient, bear with us etc'. Then they sent some sort of rant last week which simply put their credibility in the same dustbin as the boards. Despite this I think it's tough on directors to be excluded but obviously understand why, it's a sad fact but trust had been badly damaged.

On you handicap point, my understanding is that the GUI have been flexible here so don't think handicaps are at risk for opens. Obviously affiliation yesterday would be perfect, but it's not that far away.

I thought the note from owners was the clearest communication we've got from anybody since becoming members. Agree a specific date or ideally confirmation of affiliation would be best, but there's a lot of boxes ticked, bunkers to be sorted this week for example.

Anyway I'm confident to go with new setup and it was great to see a lot of familiar faces around yesterday.

Everybody is obviously free to participate in this forum but people throwing stones and 'kicking a dog when he's down' is not constructive.
    I'm inclined to agree with you Ding. At this stage you are in danger of sharing with me the title of Public Enemy #1 around here. Fun isn't it?

Lets hope tomorrow night clarifies the situation. If discussions between the Kavanaghs and the committees have broken down, we need to know why and I guess we either back them or we don't. Options exist in either case but irrespective of what we decide tomorrow or at an EGM, it looks as if the Kavanaghs are going to form a club on their course. We can decide collectively if we want to be part of that. If we don't, then we can decide individually. The former route is the more attractive as it is the quickest way back to affiliation and all the rest. However the other option still exists.

Yes Gambino, I think sticking with the facts seems to cause upset with some. Like any bad journalist some folks hate when the facts get in the way of a good story.

Anyway let's see what the committee have to say for themselves but I think they have well and truly burned their bridges with the owners. No wonder he cut them off the email after their childish tantrum last time he facilitated them to use his equipment.

I wonder will we see individual resignations ahead of tomorrow as cant imagine they all agreed with the rant.

tiger14ki wrote: »
    Except we paid our bills and did not get a golf club this year so what deal exactly did we get?anything I have brought up so far was in response to the suggestion I somehow am honour bound to save the club that screwed many over.loved the course...enjoyed 20 or so specific people's company(whom I know have also gone elsewhere) but this forum confirms how ****e it would be to go back.
    At the risk of boring GreeBo even further - 55 shareholders didn't pay their bills and that is why you didn't get a golf club this year.

Incidentally GreeBo - is all well at the Grange? Despite your assurances that the tax payer (via the M50 compensation) settled all your debts, I still hear stories.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stoorie

Hello everybody, think we need more light than heat here.

The new club is a 'New Club', none of the old ghosts will be hanging around, they've already been exorcised! For clarity, none of the old board will be involved in any way, that includes teeing off.

Please give it a chance and join up or if you've already moved, then maybe best to stop throwing stones at it and best of luck, maybe we'll see you back.

It's a brand new club, none of the old debts, responsibilities, management team.

So please give it a go and let's get back to having a bit if crack again.
    Spare me.

Geez, Gambino you want to twist everything to your way of thinking don't you.

The point being made was not that we wished to renegotiate the deal - the point was that those happy to take the money knew that had they said "wait a few days and there's a better option" they could have saved a member a lot of money. But they chose not to and the point being made was that this soured our relationship with the Board and, by extension, the Club.

The comparison to a M&S sale was made in response to an observation that we were disappointed they didn't let us know a new offering was about to be launched. But hey ho, let's only deal in facts when they're your facts.

Funny how you start off wishing folk well if they chose to go elsewhere until someone says something you disagree with and then your true character comes out.

I'll be sure to let you know if we ever decide to return - you can roll out the welcome mat.

• Advertisement

Stoorie wrote: »
    Geez, Gambino you want to twist everything to your way of thinking don't you.

The point being made was not that we wished to renegotiate the deal - the point was that those happy to take the money knew that had they said "wait a few days and there's a better option" they could have saved a member a lot of money. But they chose not to and the point being made was that this soured our relationship with the Board and, by extension, the Club.

The comparison to a M&S sale was made in response to an observation that we were disappointed they didn't let us know a new offering was about to be launched. But hey ho, let's only deal in facts when they're your facts.

Funny how you start off wishing folk well if they chose to go elsewhere until someone says something you disagree with and then your true character comes out.

I'll be sure to let you know if we ever decide to return - you can roll out the welcome mat.
    I hope you have a good battery on your buggy to carry that grudge all the way around Killeen Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 club seeker

The new club is a 'New Club', none of the old ghosts will be hanging around, they've already been exorcised! For clarity, none of the old board will be involved in any way, that includes teeing off.

Please give it a chance and join up or if you've already moved, then maybe best to stop throwing stones at it and best of luck, maybe we'll see you back.

It's a brand new club, none of the old debts, responsibilities, management team.

Ding Ding, You present yourself as someone who is reasonable and who wants to move forward in a club that is free from factions etc. If you are genuine and have the contacts and the powers of persuasion then use your skills to help get over this impasse.

The only chance this club has of success is for the committee and the landowner to work together. Think about it. Bypassing the committee is saying no to democracy. The committee are the elected members of the old club and were given a mandate to go forward afterwards also. Yes it has taken a long time and yes there may have been mistakes. What needs to happen immediately is to get that process back on track. Bashing the committee publicly behind the anonymity of boards.ie will do nothing for that.

Also think about ‘exorcising’ out the old board as someone has called it. Members of that board will not be in any position of authority in the new club if they are not elected. That’s how the democracy of a club works. After that they should be allowed to tee off like any other member. I doubt if they’d want to anyway but that’s beside the point.

Like so many others I was devastated when our club failed. And like so many I have been waiting to see if something could be saved out of all this. Now I am totally disillusioned with the way things are unfolding. What I will be looking for in any new club is a good atmosphere, where problems are dealt with in the proper way, where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect, and where factions aren’t welcome. That’s not what you are promoting even though you seem to think you are.

Reflect on this. I wonder who would be brave enough to go on a committee in a new club that is set up by shoving another committee to one side. I know I wouldn’t. A foot wrong would be guaranteed a knife in the back. A foot wrong with the landowners will guarantee getting thrown out. What about the numbers that will join a club that’s formed like this? Sadly we have already lost a lot of members. This coup for want of a better word is guaranteed to lose more in their droves. So how will South County succeed without a critical mass to pay the bills? It’s not as if people are queuing up for membership in clubs in the current times. How many will stay on next year in the hopes that the club will eventually build itself up? Don’t forget many of us were that soldier and probably don’t have the energy for it again. And as for the affiliation I won't pay €420 to join a club that’s not affiliated. I also don’t see a lot of point in joining one that is affiliated either at this time of year unless it starts running immediately.

So Ding Ding and all, in summary, this club needs every member it can get and it needs to get going pronto. If you want South County to succeed use your skills constructively to turn around the current situation and build a club that embraces all and goes forward in a positive spirit and democratic basis. Time has almost run out. It will have run out if you drive out this committee.

Spare me.

Fair play for the admission that you were one of a group of 20 who were part of the 'collapsers' who brought down their own club. I really think this exorcism of the disgruntled will make for a fab new club. We don't need this type of member back, bitching from the sidelines.
    It would be useful if the collapsers didn't contribute here so those positive loyal people who are trying to achieve something could engage in positive dialogue.

Ding Ding, You present yourself as someone who is reasonable and who wants to move forward in a club that is free from factions etc. If you are genuine and have the contacts and the powers of persuasion then use your skills to help get over this impasse.

The only chance this club has of success is for the committee and the landowner to work together. Think about it. Bypassing the committee is saying no to democracy. The committee are the elected members of the old club and were given a mandate to go forward afterwards also. Yes it has taken a long time and yes there may have been mistakes. What needs to happen immediately is to get that process back on track. Bashing the committee publicly behind the anonymity of boards.ie will do nothing for that.

Also think about ‘exorcising’ out the old board as someone has called it. Members of that board will not be in any position of authority in the new club if they are not elected. That’s how the democracy of a club works. After that they should be allowed to tee off like any other member. I doubt if they’d want to anyway but that’s beside the point.

Like so many others I was devastated when our club failed. And like so many I have been waiting to see if something could be saved out of all this. Now I am totally disillusioned with the way things are unfolding. What I will be looking for in any new club is a good atmosphere, where problems are dealt with in the proper way, where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect, and where factions aren’t welcome. That’s not what you are promoting even though you seem to think you are.

Reflect on this. I wonder who would be brave enough to go on a committee in a new club that is set up by shoving another committee to one side. I know I wouldn’t. A foot wrong would be guaranteed a knife in the back. A foot wrong with the landowners will guarantee getting thrown out. What about the numbers that will join a club that’s formed like this? Sadly we have already lost a lot of members. This coup for want of a better word is guaranteed to lose more in their droves. So how will South County succeed without a critical mass to pay the bills? It’s not as if people are queuing up for membership in clubs in the current times. How many will stay on next year in the hopes that the club will eventually build itself up? Don’t forget many of us were that soldier and probably don’t have the energy for it again. And as for the affiliation I won't pay €420 to join a club that’s not affiliated. I also don’t see a lot of point in joining one that is affiliated either at this time of year unless it starts running immediately.

So Ding Ding and all, in summary, this club needs every member it can get and it needs to get going pronto. If you want South County to succeed use your skills constructively to turn around the current situation and build a club that embraces all and goes forward in a positive spirit and democratic basis. Time has almost run out. It will have run out if you drive out this committee.

Some good points here. I'm all for democracy and a good club atmosphere.
    I left citywest in positive mood supportive of the committee after last meeting.
    Surely you have to agree that their tantrum email means they are now totally discredited. You can't behave like that in any negotiation but especially so when the other side has all the aces.

Fair play for the admission that you were one of a group of 20 who were part of the 'collapsers' who brought down their own club. I really think this exorcism of the disgruntled will make for a fab new club. We don't need this type of member back, bitching from the sidelines.
    It would be useful if the collapsers didn't contribute here so those positive loyal people who are trying to achieve something could engage in positive dialogue.

How is he one of the collapsers who brought down the club? Because he enjoyed the company of 20 or so people and because he knows that they have moved on, since the Club's demise?

Thought we were dealing in facts? Both he and I were fully paid up to date and played no part in bringing down the Club.

Ding Ding, I have tried to be positive and have said more than once I hope the new club is a success. But I'm also not prepared to carry the can for the actions of others and nor will I let others slag me off for deciding that the right decision for me is to move on. I've made my choice and am happy with that choice. I respect you and the others for the efforts they have and will make to keep golf at South County but don't throw out false accusations please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Is it just me or are two posters sounding more like each other in every post??????

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Long Turn

Must be twins to come out with the same tripe.

Stoorie wrote: »

How is he one of the collapsers who brought down the club? Because he enjoyed the company of 20 or so people and because he knows that they have moved on, since the Club's demise?

Thought we were dealing in facts? Both he and I were fully paid up to date and played no part in bringing down the Club.

Ding Ding, I have tried to be positive and have said more than once I hope the new club is a success. But I'm also not prepared to carry the can for the actions of others and nor will I let others slag me off for deciding that the right decision for me is to move on. I've made my choice and am happy with that choice. I respect you and the others for the efforts they have and will make to keep golf at South County but don't throw out false accusations please.

It wasn't clear from his message that he left after the collapse. I made an assumption when he stated 'how s***e it would be to be back' that he was part of the gang who bitched about the place and had their exit routes planned, innocent mistake don't you think when someone is so negative about the club.

It wasn't clear from his message that he left after the collapse. I made an assumption when he stated 'how s***e it would be to be back' that he was part of the gang who bitched about the place and had their exit routes planned, innocent mistake when don't you think when someone is so negative about the club.

I guess that's almost an apology so thank you. I'm going to heed your advice now and leave this thread well alone and, as I said already, wish you well.

The balls on you pal assuming i was one of those who brought about SC downfall.despite prior BS with board, it had never once crossed my mind to leave that course until I received that text like everyone else. To be honest I was happy after the city west meeting that I would playing at SC soon again at a great rate. I chose since to leave due to the delay in getting set up and also based on some of the characters that I know will be playing up there.i would appreciate if you retract the above as way off the mark.

• Advertisement

It wasn't clear from his message that he left after the collapse. I made an assumption when he stated 'how s***e it would be to be back' that he was part of the gang who bitched about the place and had their exit routes planned, innocent mistake don't you think when someone is so negative about the club.

Ding ding how ****e to be back was in reference to certain characters on this forum being in SC.that is all

The balls on you pal assuming i was one of those who brought about SC downfall.despite prior BS with board, it had never once crossed my mind to leave that course until I received that text like everyone else. To be honest I was happy after the city west meeting that I would playing at SC soon again at a great rate. I chose since to leave due to the delay in getting set up and also based on some of the characters that I know will be playing up there.i would appreciate if you retract the above as way off the mark.

Have you been hacked? Somebody from your Username talked about 'how s***e it would to be back', the same vitriol coming from the 120, hence my reason to assume you were in this cohort.

The reason I've been putting info into system was to fill the void so people would not leave. Obviously some have which is a pity. I'm going with new club at SC.

I left citywest in positive mood supportive of the committee after last meeting.
    Surely you have to agree that their tantrum email means they are now totally discredited. You can't behave like that in any negotiation but especially so when the other side has all the aces.
    Ding as per previous post the committee are needed in my view. Mistakes perhaps.Totally discredited no.Help them get back on track. That's if they're prepared to.i don't believe the owners hold all the aces at all

Ding as per previous post the committee are needed in my view. Mistakes perhaps.Totally discredited no.Help them get back on track. That's if they're prepared to.i don't believe the owners hold all the aces at all

Which aces do you think the committee hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭carman2011

As stated , the men's club , the committee have the GUI affiliation under the name south county!! Why do u and ding continually not seen to grasp this .
    People are playing opens now , only because some people on the men's committee and lady's are manually maintaining the handicaps , this Is a lot of work
    Unless the committee and new club work together , anyone joining the new club will lose their handicap ASAP and not have another proper one for some time !

It's not a question of what ' aces' are held by whom or of ' opposite sides'. It's about the best interests of everyone going forward. In my view those best interests lie in a democratic positive thinking approach. Support this and we may have a club. I'd imagine that if u do this and the club gets back on its feet you will be welcomed with open arms to serve in the next committee term to lead the club forward. The chances of this are slim by the day at this stage. So you need to reflect on it now. Take the alternative approach and I predict as said before that those remaining will leave in their droves

It's not a question of what ' aces' are held by whom or of ' opposite sides'. It's about the best interests of everyone going forward. In my view those best interests lie in a democratic positive thinking approach. Support this and we may have a club. I'd imagine that if u do this and the club gets back on its feet you will be welcomed with open arms to serve in the next committee term to lead the club forward. The chances of this are slim by the day at this stage. So you need to reflect on it now. Take the alternative approach and I predict as said before that those remaining will leave in their droves

Of course the best outcome is an agreement that satisfies all. The question is what can happen if no such agreement is reached. The GUI thing is overstated in my view. The club can inconvenience the landlords by not facilitating a speedy reactivation but what good does that do them or the members? Without a course the SC affiliation is meaningless -and useless. Denying it to the new owners does nobody any good.As a strategy it falls into the same category as bulldozing the clubhouse because the Kavanaghs were getting it cheap.

Will see what can be done. The committee got a great mandate and I left citywest in positive mode. The landowner offer was great, too good actually for DD people. The committee have mucked him around so it will be a hell of a recovery shot.

There will need to be one or more resignations from the committee. Telling a landowner how to manage his property is crazy. Ballinascorney tried it with the Bagnall family and got an eviction notice, it's happened in other places too.

I want to find out why the committee did not just stick with their mandate and send such garbage updates to us.

Hi Ding Ding. I suggest you move carefully about looking for blood. Bear the objective in mind - everyone's interest going forward. Mistakes can be made. I'm over and out now. Will probably look for somewhere else unless I see something that makes me feel positive about a future - then I might suck it and see so to speak. Expect I will be making a decision in the next 24 hours

• Advertisement

Hi Ding Ding. I suggest you move carefully about looking for blood. Bear the objective in mind - everyone's interest going forward. Mistakes can be made. I'm over and out now. Will probably look for somewhere else unless I see something that makes me feel positive about a future - then I might suck it and see so to speak. Expect I will be making a decision in the next 24 hours

Club Seeker, I think you may have misunderstood me.
    I have no interest in the politics whatsoever and your suggestion about looking for blood is way off the mark.

I'll try and be clearer here.

The committee were told by members to sign up to the deal offered by landowners. They didn't do this.

Instead of doing this which should have taken a 2-3 hour meeting followed by a brief document, they set about a different agenda. The committees only function should have been comps and handicaps.

They have wasted 5 weeks of members time and landowners time while members have scattered.

Hence the committee have mucked up to such an extent that I doubt the landowners will deal with them again which I fully understand. This is my only reason to suggest resignations for those of you who think the committee still have a function.

It's probably too late now but lets see what the committee have to say. No doubt we'll hear about the complications of the liquidation etc but remember that the men's and women's club have no income / expenditure or assets / liabilities of any significance so there are no complications.

The reason you and others have/are looking for somewhere else is down to the committee not doing the simple job that almost 100% at citywest asked them to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement