Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your Favourite Weapons + Attachments?

Options
  • 08-05-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

What is your Favourite Weapons and attachments?

Mine personally, for all round use is the G36C foregrip , Heavy barrel and reflex sights for me

Close quarters for me is the MP7 Extened mags + silencer, its a beast ;)

I don't snipe much, but when I do I use M98B 12x with Bipod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Holos on everything.

In the middle of unlocking everything for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Holos on everything.

In the middle of unlocking everything for everything.

Yeah, I try to do that too, but it's very hard as some weapons just overpower others , which leads to frustration :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SamV

the thing that annoys me about unlocking attachments is putting up with the crappy iron sights on most guns until a decent scope is unlocked.

Favourite weapon at the moment is the Saiga-12K with extended mags.... doesn't need anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

SamV wrote: »
    the thing that annoys me about unlocking attachments is putting up with the crappy iron sights on most guns until a decent scope is unlocked.

Favourite weapon at the moment is the Saiga-12K with extended mags.... doesn't need anything else
    The iron sights on the famas Is ridiculous. Cant see anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Akrasia wrote: »
    The iron sights on the famas Is ridiculous. Cant see anything

Hardly worth the hassle anymore since the Famas was nerfed in the last update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Hardly worth the hassle anymore since the Famas was nerfed in the last update.
    Famas is still godlike on close quarters like Grand Bazaar or Metro, recoil is crazy bad but put a flash supressor and foregrip on it to help and you can go toe to toe with anyone.

Yeah I use the famas rarely as since when did it only have 26 bullets per mag?

always thought it was 30 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

conor360 wrote: »
    Yeah I use the famas rarely as since when did it only have 26 bullets per mag?

always thought it was 30 :confused:

It's 25 after the patch. The 26th is your tactical reload round, same as your 31st in other mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    It's 25 after the patch. The 26th is your tactical reload round, same as your 31st in other mags.
    I always thought of it as my reward for not using a whole mag to kill someone :D

This week I 'ave been mostly using:

SKS with ironsights, flash and sometimes foregrip

G53 with holo, foregrip and laser

P90 holo, laser & flash

Thats the tidy american holo not the suckey giant yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My most recent guns + attachments:

AK-74M - iron sights, under-barrel rail, heavy barrel

G3 - holo, bi-pod, heavy barrel

QBZ-95B - iron sights, laser sight

MG36 - holo, laser sight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

AK74U with M26 Dart

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

M26 Mass/Dart is a joke, ruining most infantry based servers its a real pity EA/Dice haven't patched it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

M26 Mass/Dart is a joke, ruining most infantry based servers its a real pity EA/Dice haven't patched it yet.
    How it still requires skill. I hate this arguement of oh that gun is overpowered only **** players use it. It''s available to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Felexicon wrote: »
    How it still requires skill. I hate this arguement of oh that gun is overpowered only **** players use it. It''s available to everyone

You are aware that there is an easily doable glitch with the DART that makes it pretty much a Kill button? There is no skill in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

It takes minimal skill if any at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

It takes minimal skill if any at all.

yup thats why i love it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I gotta admit i do love the PKP at the moment.

I nearly always play as support and try to give shouts to squad/team about where i'm gonna suppress, most of the time its ignored but sometimes it works really well.

ATM its PKP with holo sight, bipod and extended mag. I use extra suppression as my "bonus" too. depending on the map i switch between the mortors, claymores and very rarely the c4 although after a few crazy moments v tanks over the weekend (leaping out of a building to land on top of a tank) i'm starting to see the joy it can bring!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

There is not much better in the game than getting those 3 bits of C4 onto the tank and clicking when a safe distance away. There is also nothing worse than getting the three bits on and then getting shot just as you click.

My favourite weapon is the AEK with iron sights, foregrip and heavy barrel for Assault.

A-91 with holo for engineer.

M249 with holo, bipod, foregrip for support.

Recon, meh.

danniemcq wrote: »
    i'm starting to see the joy it can bring!

Oh my friend, you are in for a treat. C4 can bring so much happiness when a good plan comes together. Team up with 2 other guys, have one distract the tank by taking pot shots at it while the other you and the other guy drive your C4-laden jeeps at the tank from both sides and leap out at the last second... total destruction :D

Nothing is better than jihad jeeps... well, a jihad helicopter is equally as awesome :)

Once you combine C4 with the power of the magnum, you'll be trolling tank drivers until the end of time

Recon, meh.

I feel the very same way. The only recon gun I have with over 15 kills is the SKS (118 kills), and that is because its a semi-auto and allows me to be ultra aggressive. I use it with a suppressor, RDS and a foregrip.

I dislike sitting, waiting for someone to hopefully pop their head up, which is bizarre as I quite liked that aspect in BC2. Now I just use PDWs and semi-auto sniper rifles as I can get right into the action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

at the Moment...

AK74/M16A4 both with foregrips and Heavy Barrel (Holo on M16/Iron sights on AK74)

M4 with IR scope, Foregrip and flash suppressor

M240B, Iron sights, Bipod and Extended Mags (serious damage especially on metro)

M98B X12 scope/ SV98 x4 scope, supressor and laser sight (for on the move)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Oh my friend, you are in for a treat. C4 can bring so much happiness when a good plan comes together. Team up with 2 other guys, have one distract the tank by taking pot shots at it while the other you and the other guy drive your C4-laden jeeps at the tank from both sides and leap out at the last second... total destruction :D

Nothing is better than jihad jeeps... well, a jihad helicopter is equally as awesome :)

Once you combine C4 with the power of the magnum, you'll be trolling tank drivers until the end of time

hah yeah its quickly catching up on managing to disable a tank with a mortor and seeing the wee triangle running in to repair before the next one drops destroying the tank, the occupents and sometimes the guy trying to repair!

Have the house to myself with the GF away for the rest of the week so should get a good run with the C4 and see what happens!

Anyone use the SKS recently? Because its FCUKING beast!!

(not in close quarters though)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Assault - L85a2 with Kobra, foregrip and laser with Med pack

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

aaronh007 wrote: »

Ah my Jihad Helicopter meeting you in Tunguska on Noshar Canals, still one of my BF3 highlights :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

conor360 wrote: »
    Anyone use the SKS recently? Because its FCUKING beast!!

(not in close quarters though)

Picked it up with just the iron sights for the first time yesterday playing Rush on Metro, wow is all I'll say :pac: Nice 18-0 for that game.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Ah my Jihad Helicopter meeting you in Tunguska on Noshar Canals, still one of my BF3 highlights :p

That moment still haunts me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Assault
    AN-94 (Russian Holo, Underslung Rail, Heavy Barrel, Smoke Launcher)
    L85A2 (Iron Sight, Flash Supp.)

Engineer
    AS VAL (Red Dot, Extended Mag)

Support
    PKP Pecheneg (Iron Sight, Foregrip, Extended Mags)

Recon

M40A5 (Rifle Scope, SPB, Laser Sight)
    M98B (P-KA, SPB, Laser Sight)
    SKS (Holo, Foregrip, Laser Sight)
    M39 EMR (Holo, Foregrip, Suppressor)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

5. So a gun that has just a suppressor and a sight has better aimed accuracy than one with a foregrip & suppressor?
    (Asked by @KILLAnthonyMan)
    Alan answers: “The short answer is Yes. The long answer is Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss. The explanation though, is more interesting. A foregrip carries a small aimed accuracy penalty, if you’re trying to get the best absolute accuracy you can with the weapon, a suppressor will give you better aimed accuracy. However, combining the Suppressor and the Foregrip will give the weapon the same accuracy as if you had no accessories, while also reducing recoil. It’s my recommendation that you only forgo a foregrip (see what I did there?) if you demand the absolute best accuracy you can obtain. Generally, inside 100m a weapon with a foregrip is still plenty accurate to hit consistently on target, and it will be easier to control.”
    That’s it for now! We hope you enjoyed this Q&A session. Once again, if you want similar questions answered right here on the blog, ask them below in the comments section. See you in the next episode of “Inside DICE”.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭klose

870mcs 3.4 scope extended mag and slug round :cool:

Advertisement