Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars is crap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Mindkiller wrote: »
    The family guy parody was crap. Didn't laugh once.

Ah come on...the below nearly made me **** myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Atari. References to old consoles matter more to me

Shut up Meg Mindkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

No. Get a life nerds
    Jeff Vader is the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Star Wars, The Big Lebowski & football all getting abuse???

I don't like this thread. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Atari. References to old consoles matter more to me
    rednik wrote: »
    Jeff Vader is the man.

What about chad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

No. Get a life nerds
    If you don't like a film, just don't watch it.

Don't see why you have to make a thread bashing the people who do like it.

I love Star Wars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No. Get a life nerds
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3307/lastsupperw.jpg

All hail Star Wars ya heathens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

No. Get a life nerds
    I wish George Lucas had fecked off and left the film industry after the first three.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

No. Get a life nerds
    Bend me over. I even liked Episodes 2 and 3. Haven't seen Episode 1.

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic was a wonderful game, and the Jedi Knight series was pretty spesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I've never watched em.

Might do some day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

You need help!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should have called it Spaceballs from day 1 instead of letting Mel Brooks steal the name a few years after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So the sci fi geeks are having their big day again apparently.

"May the fourth be with you" and other nerdy word plays are popping up all over the place but does anyone else think it's a load of old bollox?
    May the sith be upon you.
    Balance will be restored to this thread in force hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

No. Get a life nerds
    I love Star Wars.
    My girlfriend watched EP. 4,5+6 last weekend.
    Loved them all.
    Give the movies a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

No. Get a life nerds
    Alec Guinness & Greedo in the same picture, what's not to like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

With a huge number of citizens claiming their religion as Jedi in the census......

Oh look. Another religion bashing thread:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

EarlERizer wrote: »

For the record, I love the original trilogy,hated the prequels and hated the remastered editions of the originals. I've still got a shyte load of original merchandise (namely figures & vehicles) some of which is worth a nice few quid.

If that makes me a nerd then I'm seriously disturbed as to how blurred the distiction between 'nerd' & 'normal' has gotten.

you've got a load of star wars dolls and you think you're not a nerd?

that's cute

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Star wars, how can you not like the movie that inspired the short that gave us 4-Q-2 and artie decco.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9059800655908790019

As for the dude, I thought it was a bit silly and slow moving when I first saw. But it is a movie worth watching again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No. Get a life nerds
    It's a samurai movie plus a western AND a WW2 movie set in space.

It's genius. There is a reason its so iconic. There is a reason its still talked about 30+ years later.

OP just has bad taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Doubt anyone will recall Avatar in 35 years time other than to wonder why so many people bothered to pay money to see an animated 3-D blue movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Sigh. The one thing that bothers me most about the fanbase is that IT'S BEEN 13 YEARS SINCE EP. 1 RELEASED AND YOU STILL WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT HOW BAD IT WAS! I mean, there's holding something dear to your heart, but there are times where you just have to let it go. But at this point, I just flat out don't care about the series anymore. All this whining and whining about Lucas supposedly "ruining" the original trilogy with his special editions (they're his property, he can do what he likes) and the whole prequel problem. Yeah, thanks a lot for putting me off the series, "fans".

And if we're throwing The Big
    Lebowski into the criticism pile, I guess I should throw mine in...Arrested Development is over rated. There. I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

No. Get a life nerds
    The series 'Bones' I liked, also 'Lost' ( although it went on for too many years with too many breaks and ended crap ) and also, 'Firefly' (anybody remember Firefly?)

South Park is just modern narcissistic shyte really, no imagination, just cynical regurgitation of good comedy, depends on 'shock' factor, that doesn't pass as good film, or anything groundbreaking, kind of like Jedward. :)

The Simpsons - well, that's like Star Wars to film, as Tom and Gerry was to the lead up to good cartoon that culminated in 'Homer' - it was brilliant - original, set the tone for some really good comedy and good gaffs.

*takes out big spoon and stirs* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

No. Get a life nerds
    lmaopml wrote: »
    South Park is just modern narcissistic shyte really, no imagination, just cynical regurgitation of good comedy, depends on 'shock' factor, that doesn't pass as good film, or anything groundbreaking, kind of like Jedward. :)

Really, have you watched much South Park..? Because that comment says a lot more about you than it dose South Park. South Park is genius ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the dam busters is better;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

No. Get a life nerds
    k.p.h wrote: »
    Really, have you watched much South Park..? Because that comment says a lot more about you than it dose South Park. South Park is genius ...

Genius? Meh

I like some episodes, but I'm not a fan really - Sorry :) south park nerd..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

For what ever reason I've just never been into anything remotely sci fi.
    I much prefer real films set in more recent times. I think the best time for films though was the 80s. So many classics. It's a shame now we get the same film formats time and times again...

..Back to Star Wars. What is it that people like about it so much. Is it mainly people who were at an age where they saw it being released and it was at its time amazing special effects. Or is it the story people go mad for?
    I know the books do very well on their own.

Anyway, it's just not for me. But fair play to all those who phone home and use the force and all that malarkey. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

All of the goatee bearded pony tailed trekkies agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

No. Get a life nerds
    I've posted this up already but this is the business:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

No. Get a life nerds
    episodes 1,2,3 are crap
    i waited years to see more Vader force choking awesomeness and all i got was a boy named annie, an emo teenager and then 10 seconds of Vader looking out a window. fuk u george lucas

Advertisement