Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

BX 19 wrote: »
    I thought you were younger too :)

I wish, Im 19 and I found 3 grey hair ulready! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Like I mentioned before, I will be going to Dublin, and you know what is my biggest fear? Mr and mrs " I drive a bicycle while listening mp3, so I limit my sences and you car driver will have to be extra careful for both of us, because I can't hear you behind me"
    I am not bashing all the bicycle lovers, but feck Dublin was shocking for me to drive to last time, just because of free for all attidute! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Like I mentioned before, I will be going to Dublin, and you know what is my biggest fear? Mr and mrs " I drive a bicycle while listening mp3, so I limit my sences and you car driver will have to be extra careful for both of us, because I can't hear you behind me"
    I am not bashing all the bicycle lovers, but feck Dublin was shocking for me to drive to last time, just because of free for all attidute! :(

Headphones in traffic is nothing short of a stupid idea. I instantly have a complete lack of respect for other cyclists with headphones. Mind you, i think the same of drivers with headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Headphones in traffic is nothing short of a stupid idea. I instantly have a complete lack of respect for other cyclists with headphones. Mind you, i think the same of drivers with headphones

i use headphones when cycling, have it on very, very low though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Same as that. if a car was to pass me and I didnt hear it coming id pull over and lower the volume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Don't get me wrong. I do it on a quiet country road in my left ear. But in the city and other high traffic environments, your wits are needed about you.

Some people can be really bad. Last time I drove in Dublin and them the fella in bicycle lane decided to overtake another bicycle. He had headphones on and just jumped in front of our car! Misses slammed brakes in already busy street. Fella did not even noticed that something happened behind him. He just continue like normal after that overtaking stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Either didn't notice or didn't give a ****e.

Sure even people crossing the street with this music blasting into their ears. My dad saved a girls life one day on a "family outing" We went up to dublin to see sligo play in croke park, Cant remember who they where playing. Anyway we where walking up to croke park, Came to a traffic lights, while waiting for that red lad to go green. This girl steped out onto the road without looking and my ould buck pulled her back by the jumper, as soon as dad pulled her back a lorrie passed by and the driver blew the horn. She was in some shock, But I hope she learned a lesson....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Im suprised he didn't get done for being a pervert trying to pull the jumper off a young wan :p

In this country you never know :(

• Advertisement

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Im suprised he didn't get done for being a pervert trying to pull the jumper off a young wan :p

In this country you never know :(

Ah will ya quit.... Thats the way things are these days. :(

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Anyone on the doss tomorrow near Dublin want to spend the day fluting around with cars? Gonna be doing some work on the 7er and the T/A.

.... I knew I'd regret not moving back to near Dublin :pac:
    Sounds like a nice way to spend a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Well done man!

Thanks man t'was nice surprise to get when stuck in work dealing with idiotic Americans who can't turn on a TV...:D
    UCD? They got their results today.

Yep UCD, you there too?
    Go out, you're too young.

I would were I not working tomorrow, instead I went out towards Blessington and out that direction. Fuel light is now on the car... :pac:
    Until today when I seen that 166man past his exams, I thought he was like in his 40s. :D

:eek: Jaysus :pac:

Sorry, 166man. :o

Phew, he never replied to my post. :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Anyone on the doss tomorrow near Dublin want to spend the day fluting around with cars? Gonna be doing some work on the 7er and the T/A.

Damn man, im stuck workin until late tomorrow. Would've loved to see the 7'er and T/A!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Phew, he never replied to my post. :P

It's been a long day..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

What ya doin on the 7? I'd pop down for a goo but alas not free til Sunday.

166man wrote: »
    It's been a long day..

no, wait

you edited it. instead of replieing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What ya doin on the 7? I'd pop down for a goo but alas not free til Sunday.

Fitting new idler arm and ABS sensor to the 7er, having a look for an oil leak, changing plates back for NCT. Idler arm gone on the T/A too and if my buddy can spare me enough time on one of his ramps I'm gonna do a few other little jobs too. Pics later hopefully! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

German plates or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Anyone know any nice spots in Donegal to stay? Heading up for a wknd & fancy a drive along the coastlines. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Jemmy wrote: »
    Anyone know any nice spots in Donegal to stay? Heading up for a wknd & fancy a drive along the coastlines. :)

Try Ballyshannon, there's a field full of hairy men in check shirts just filling up now...

http://www.goingtomyhometown.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

langdang wrote: »
    Try Ballyshannon, there's a field full of hairy men in check shirts just filling up now...

http://www.goingtomyhometown.com/

Cheers, but think I'll steer clear of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Ya, twas more of a warning haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

German plates or not?

For.................... :)

Quick question everyone: Is a catalyst required for the NCT on a diesel car? I think it's just a smoke test...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Jemmy wrote: »

Anywhere around the dunfanahy area is lovely. A good friend of mine runs the fleet bar and restraunt in killybegs if u need some grub ;)

well i am back from dublin. I got in to nice time gap, so there were not many cyclist and cars. though it did not changed. on about 90% lights cyclist were going on the red light. ( i **** you not ). Then the most annoing thing was that they switch/use the road rules and when it is good for them, they use pedestrian rules. Makes them unpredictable as ****! :mad:

anyway, my business is done in dublin and i wont need to go there for atleasst another 10 years! i might aswell get finger out and get irish passport before it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What this?
    Culchies need a passport to get into Dublin?
    I like the sound of that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Fitting new idler arm and ABS sensor to the 7er, having a look for an oil leak, changing plates back for NCT. Idler arm gone on the T/A too and if my buddy can spare me enough time on one of his ramps I'm gonna do a few other little jobs too. Pics later hopefully! :)

Careful with those ABS sensors, they're wedged in there and if it falls apart, you'll have to drill her out!
    German plates or not?

I ditched mine, too many about these days, starting to look like a club!
    I've come round to the clean, simple look.

pl11.jpg

pl22.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Careful with those ABS sensors, they're wedged in there and if it falls apart, you'll have to drill her out!

I ditched mine, too many about these days, starting to look like a club!
    I've come round to the clean, simple look.

pl11.jpg

pl22.jpg

BMW-shaped mirror. Nice to see someone is taking proper care of the car, even the wheels are spotless. Well done. You may see another big fan of BMW's in here, just give me as clean as this one on Donedeal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement