Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Small doses?? I spent all day Saturday and Sunday at it after breakfast and hadn't a thing to eat until 8 each night :eek:

that is small doses :p I spent an entire day on the roof of the car! and most of its glass :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Might be a terrible idea but what about hot water?
    Not sure what kind of glue is used but it could weaken the bond?

As long as it doesn't melt anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

i love my car.

On another note, anyone have any tips on removing double sided tape? My rear number plate + holder are held on with this stuff and I want to take it off without breaking either part when I correct that part.

stick a ruler in behind the plate and chip away at the tape

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I hope to jesus someone here can tell me where to get that engine/exhaust system clean!!

I think a diesel version would interest alot of people,
    There is a treatment for the dpf but never heard of anything like this before.

• Advertisement

i love my car.

Would you call it purrrfect?

i love my car.

Me too (my car that is:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Small doses?? I spent all day Saturday and Sunday at it after breakfast and hadn't a thing to eat until 8 each night :eek:

On another note, anyone have any tips on removing double sided tape? My rear number plate + holder are held on with this stuff and I want to take it off without breaking either part when I correct that part.

I don't think anything short of acid or a bomb will actually remove the stuff 100%, I was at it for ages trying to take off the old stuff when I got the new Irish plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Wheeler Dealer's Jag.

Biggest. Letdown. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

that is small doses :p I spent an entire day on the roof of the car! and most of its glass :pac:

Same here, Saturday was spent on the rear a-pillar and bit between the roof and top of the doors, Sunday was spent on the roof!
    CianRyan wrote: »
    Might be a terrible idea but what about hot water?
    Not sure what kind of glue is used but it could weaken the bond?

As long as it doesn't melt anything...

I'd rather not tbh as I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that :o
    stick a ruler in behind the plate and chip away at the tape

No room to get the ruler in behind it. I'm thinking hairdryer and gently lift the holder away from the car.
    pred racer wrote: »
    I think a diesel version would interest alot of people,
    There is a treatment for the dpf but never heard of anything like this before.

pred....you're a donkey :P

I don't think anything short of acid or a bomb will actually remove the stuff 100%, I was at it for ages trying to take off the old stuff when I got the new Irish plates.

Once I have the plate and holder off I have a few tricks to get rid of it fully. My main concern is that I do not want to break the holder like I did on the RX8.

• Advertisement

Wheeler Dealer's Jag.

Biggest. Letdown. Ever.

What were you expecting exactly?
    They seemed to skimp a bit but this is Mike Brewer we're talking about...

Wheeler Dealer's Jag.

Biggest. Letdown. Ever.

Worst ever episode of Wheeler Dealers imo.

What were you expecting exactly?
    They seemed to skimp a bit but this is Mike Brewer we're talking about...

I think since their budget is so big, they can afford to buy cars that need little or no work. Hence why the show has been packed wiith filler the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Miscellaneous Motoring Thoughts of The Day

Part 1.
    Didn't know the 2012 Yaris only had 1 wiper. Truly, there is nothing new - 1980's/1990's Merc's, anyone ?

Part 2.
    DoneDeal ads & advertisers - 1
    DoneDeal is on the internet. It involves using a computer. And, iirc, an email address. So what's with the 'tom thumb cannot be contacted by email'. So we'll fall back to the phone, then. The phone number to be contact is 083/085/086/087/089 xxxxxxx....... but don't dare use any of the buttons on YOUR 083/085/086/087/089 phone, 'cos 'no texts or blocked numbers'.
    You do actually want to sell the thing in the ad - yes ?

Part 3.
    DoneDeal ads & advertisers - 2
    I mean, really. We've all seen the funny ones, the horrible ones, the downright great ones.
    Then, there's the just goddamn dumb ones. For instance, I'm looking for a particular model of car, of which there are nigh-on 70 for sale. Audi TT's, in fact. Filter out the dross, the over priced. Then subtract all the ones in the wrong colour (i.e., Silver, Black :rolleyes: ). And then the remainder is.......manageable.
    One, in particular, I really like - so I emailed, via the ad.
    No reply.
    So I email again, 2 days later.
    Again, no reply.
    Mmm, so I ring the phone number.
    No answer, so I leave VM. No response to that, either.
    So, I send a text, telling them I've tried to call, and that I've also sent 2 emails.
    Again, no answer.
    Remind me why you put the ad up, again........to sell the car, right ? Or did you just do that 'cos hubby/SO made you, and don't really want to sell it... ?

Part 4.
    DoneDeal ads & advertisers - 3.
    Photographs. Oh dear. I really could car less if the shot isn't composed fantastically. But could we have more than one pic of the front ? In the dark ? Where the flash whited out the pic 'cos of the reflection off the no plate ? Or, if in daylight, with the sun, and not against it. And even then, any chance you could clean the car..........even a bit ?
    Or maybe you're like the two above and you don't really want to sell it at all and, just felt like blowing €3........ ?

These, folks, are the sorts of nonsense that goes through your head when you're riding your Harley on the open road. At 20-40 km/h. Yes, you read that correctly KILOMETRES/hour. In the rain. Well, helping out marshalling a bicycle race.

You may resume normal programming now :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Once I have the plate and holder off I have a few tricks to get rid of it fully. My main concern is that I do not want to break the holder like I did on the RX8.

If you can get a bit of very fine string or tooth floss in behind it (basically like hitman) and maybe with a bit of up/down motion you'll eventually get through it?

I think since their budget is so big, they can afford to buy cars that need little or no work. Hence why the show has been packed wiith filler the last few weeks.

That I'd agree with, I thought you just meant this one in particular.

I kind of hoped they'd up the budget a bit and do some real power mods and properly sort the suspension seeing as he was talking about making it a better drive and not just lowering it.

Would you call it purrrfect?

To be honest.

The back bumper at the top could do with a spray from thing going in and out of the boot (but i'm not going to as i'll repeat these marks, lol)

Needs two washer jet covers.

And the cd changer to be fixed along with the rear windows.

Also a new shape grill. Nyom nyom.

This is how horrible the grill looks black.

Full-9404869.jpeg

If you can get a bit of very fine string or tooth floss in behind it (basically like hitman) and maybe with a bit of up/down motion you'll eventually get through it?

An old guitar string would do the job on this a bit better maybe? more strength and the winded steel would help cut through?

I had thought about that with fishing line but maybe tooth floss is a better idea as long as it doesn't snap!

No room to get the ruler in behind it. I'm thinking hairdryer and gently lift the holder away from the car.

that might do it: you can borrow my heat gun if your passing through dublin.

any pic of the plate...you'd need to jam something to loosen i'd imagine.

• Advertisement

pred....you're a donkey :P

Hey, i resemble that remark!
    But i still wouldnt be seen dead in a skoda superb:cool:

To be honest.

The back bumper at the top could do with a spray from thing going in and out of the boot (but i'm not going to as i'll repeat these marks, lol)

Needs two washer jet covers.

And the cd changer to be fixed along with the rear windows.

Also a new shape grill. Nyom nyom.

This is how horrible the grill looks black.

Full-9404869.jpeg

I'd say you're lucky, I won't even begin to list what my car needs to bring it up to scratch. Every time I go out to the bloody thing I find another piece of trim that's missing, just happened to find my lug nut key today too, thought I was going to have to muscle those off. :eek:
    Mind you, I'm sure I paid a lot less for it! :pac:

I'd say you're lucky, I won't even begin to list what my car needs to bring it up to scratch. Every time I go out to the bloody thing I find another piece of trim that's missing, just happened to find my lug nut key today too, thought I was going to have to muscle those off. :eek:
    Mind you, I'm sure I paid a lot less for it! :pac:

i left my lock nut on once, drove down the road after putting in the coilovers, had to walk down the road to find it lol.

Haha, I can imagine the absolute panic.

Haha, I can imagine the absolute panic.

Nah, the Limerick in me knows how to get them off anyway :L

Nah, the Limerick in me knows how to get them off anyway :L

Video of criminal activity removed

Makes you wonder why we bother. :rolleyes:

if someone wants your wheels they'll take them, the lock nut is a deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sitting here locked after a bottle of wine and some jager, I'm trying to decide what to do with the race car builds, I could use all of the bits I have for the Integra and make the Civic a savage machine or I could plough on with both. It'd mean the Civic will be a good car and the Integra will continue as planned. I reckon it'll be at least 18 months before the Integra is ready to go near a track. The Civic is more or less there, it actually just has a wiring issue that needs sorting before it can be ran

It would make sense to amalgamate them but I couldn't bare to let the Teg go

It's about making it less easy I guess.

Mods: Sorry, I was iffy about putting it up. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Anyone here that dont like yellow cars?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement