Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    After you have spent countless hours ringing rusty bolts on my classic Porsche you prob wont ever want to see another car :pac:

hmmm..good point:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Happy Birthday Challengemaster - hope you have a good one dude! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

^^^^^
    Happy birthday, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Have the Saab a couple of weeks now, and the tax expired an hour ago. How do I first tax it again? Its been a while.
    I have the log book. Do I just fill in the blank form (think its rf100b) like when you cant find your renewal and just proceed as normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Made a decision.

Next vehicle I shall own (along side the civic ofcourse) either a old Honda cr-v diesel automagic or a discovery 3 diesel !

And yay for not getting caught speeding by the white van on the side of the road on Griffith avenue !

Funny that it had no markings what so ever but was a speed camera van... Lady in front (a lot in front) was flashed. Rolled up next to her at the lights and she was nearly in tears- wasn't speeding by much at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

203019.jpg

Spotted this yesterday in Kings Inns Street and it made me smile. I've never actually seen a clamp that didn't fit. I was left thinking as to what the owner would do as it seemed to be held on with a simple lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Wednesday onwards is supposed to be good weather-wise, at least I hope so because I want to get correcting again :)

:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78436314&postcount=2473

WEDNESDAY ... Showers and possibly one or two thunderstorms, moderate east winds and warmer in the north again, highs 13-17 C. Some persistent low cloud and fog in parts of south and east.

THURSDAY ... Showers near the south coast, some sunshine further north, not quite as breezy but still east 10-25 mph, lows 7-10 C and highs 13-17 C.

FRIDAY ... Turning colder in Ulster with showers, winds northeast 10-20 mph, otherwise variable cloud, some showers, staying rather mild in the south, highs 10-12 C north, 14-17 C south and central.

WEEKEND OUTLOOK ... Including Monday, the weekend looks rather unpleasant with outbreaks of light rain at times, chilly temperatures, and a northeast wind that shouldn't be too strong or gusty but steady at 10-20 mph in most places. Highs each day in the 8-11 C range and lows 3-5 C but could be slight frost central counties with any clearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

^^ Thats MMs plans out the window. :D

:EDIT- happy birthday Challengmister. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

TT - Those showers aren't confirmed for my area ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Happy birthday dickhead :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Made a decision.

Next vehicle I shall own (along side the civic ofcourse) either a old Honda cr-v diesel automagic or a discovery 3 diesel !
    05 is old now? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

grumble grumble...stoopid insurance companies...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, sick morning lads.

Got a deposit for skyline, fella will bring the rest of the money tommorow. So I am sort of happy. 15h ad time.
    Then found out, my misses mother died this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Well, sick morning lads.

Got a deposit for skyline, fella will bring the rest of the money tommorow. So I am sort of happy. 15h ad time.

Sorry to hear that man. :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well, sick morning lads.

Very sorry to hear that man.

My condolences to yourself and your good lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thx lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Sorry to hear that ShadowHearth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sorry to hear that dude

Considered doing the trackday on Monday, after the great success of Mondellos winter days which were €100 for the day they have gone back to charging extortionate rates. €185 plus €50 for an extra driver. Take into account €100 for fuel and that makes it an expensive day. I've a lean month anyway and have to pay the deposit on the little workshop we've got so I'll be giving it a miss. Might just go Karting lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ah that sucks. :( Sorry to hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Sorry for your troubles lad

Don't sell don't sell don't sell :(

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3305969

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

203019.jpg

Spotted this yesterday in Kings Inns Street and it made me smile. I've never actually seen a clamp that didn't fit. I was left thinking as to what the owner would do as it seemed to be held on with a simple lock.
    He could let the air out of the tyre and that chain would slip back anti-clockways and he's good to go! I think I can see the valve exposed!
    There was some horrible Onyx-destroyed Range Rover at the hospital in Limerick parked out the front where they regularly clamp for a whole weekend last year, couldn't clamp it due to the tacky looking rims that must have been 25" at least. Sticker on it saying not to park there. Stupid knacker owner probably thought he was a hero for not being able to be clamped. I'd have smashed the side windows and wrapped a chain around the B-Pillar and towed it away sideways with a Scania.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Trying to study for exams and I've ran out of tea. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

BX 19 wrote: »
    Trying to study for exams and I've ran out of tea. Feck.

Barrys tea I hope? It's the only way to go...

On a motoring related I think it's finally time to replace the wiper blades on the 156...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

166man wrote: »
    Barrys tea I hope? It's the only way to go...

On a motoring related I think it's finally time to replace the wiper blades on the 156...

Barrys classic blend. The black box one, its hard to beat. I do really like Punjana gold blend thats 2.49 for 80 bags in tescos though.

While I'm in Tescos I might look for a wiper blade. I need a larger one as the current one does not give enough reach for a tall bloke to see out the back :D

Other news. My alternator has fixed itself. A stable 14.74V since yesterday. And thats a fair amount of driving in between. Replacement belt must have helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I`ll pass that feedback on -I agree with you btw

It'll fall on deaf ears I reckon. Ask about the transponder that was returned last year, a box inside a box, inside a box, there was about 7 boxes in total lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Mine are also in need of replacement on my 156. I`m also toying with the idea of replacing the entire interior with leather seats.

Really want to do that in mine too.. Leather is just so much better than the fabric seats. I'll look into it over the summer when I'm working again..

OSI wrote: »
    I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure that car was there when I was looking for mine at the start of February.

Yea is only GTI i can find with leather and DSG from any sort of dealer inside my budget, if i was willing to settle on manual is alot more options though but i will test drive both before buying i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Well, sick morning lads.

Sorry to hear that mate. My thoughts are with you and your misses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement