Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The middle aged Irish woman

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Maybe your wording needed to be a bit less... coarse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

'Jaysis yer still a massive roide, the ARSE on ya!'

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

When did being 35 ever equal middle age?

Not that I'm 35 or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

To be fair to em, I thought approaching 40 was mid age territory when very young but I think it's more like over 50 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

Sappa wrote: »
    Now there are plenty of stunning women in their late 30's early 40's who look after themselves in Ireland but a lot seem to let themselves go and eat an awful amount if junk,lack of exercise etc unlike other nations.
    If you compare this to Italian,French,Latino or Asian women who seem to keep their figures in check.
    Is this solely down to culture,diet or climate.
    I'm not having a go here just an observation having spent time in the above countries.
    Any views

Start
    At
    Poking
    Pert
    Asses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Dudess wrote: »
    Maybe your wording needed to be a bit less... coarse. :pac:
    Johro wrote: »
    'Jaysis yer still a massive roide, the ARSE on ya!'

Well, when I said I "seen Angeline Ball last week" I meant to say: 'seen Angeline Ball at The Commitments reunion gig' and the bit about saying what I did is only half true, as I did say it, but it was later that night and I was alone and naked and said it to her in my mind.

It's true though, she has aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

Domo230 wrote: »

(Gets coat)

And umbrella. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

girl2 wrote: »
    When did being 35 ever equal middle age?

Not that I'm 35 or anything.

when your 18 it just seem so far away :pac:

comes up faster that 6 bombs of MDMA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

To be fair, it's mostly just one guy who keeps re-regging. He's got a point though - how dare women not force themselves to fancy him?! Especially with that winning attitude. :D

Nope, would have to fully back him up on that. Dublin birds are the most stuck up women I've encountered, the merits of why still unknown. I guess that makes 2 virgins/losers/sad bastards/delusional idiots who just cant get any.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I was out recently and bumped into a few of my sisters old friends from her school yrs,one or two still keeping trim at 38 and fairplay to them they were nit hitting the booze much,a few others looked just like oversized pears with a weathered look from excess indulgence and were lashing the drink into themselves.
    If you go to the continent,you don't get groups of women in there late 30's pouring pints of beer down their gob at breakneck speed,they seem to watch the overindulgence better.
    Have to disagree on Latino women ageing poorly,if you go to Argentina or south America in general the amount of amazing milfs,gives ya neck strain walking down a street there,here maybe it's the weather and they are hidden by a dufflecoat or an unflattering large winter jacket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

better delete that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

HeHe! Rule 1 of surviving Ireland. Do not put down the women folk!

Not sure why it's just thrown up against the women though, I think most men age like ****e too. Probably has more to do with the heavy drink culture. Nothing like seeing a person in their mid 40's with burst blood vessels on their cheeks and skin that looks like it belong to someone twice their age. I'm sure the harsh weather doesn't help.

Mind you I'm sure there's decent looking middle aged women in Ireland. I can remember one form my town I grew up in....ok....so maybe ther'es not many that I've seen but I'm sure there is. Dublin is a bit more cosmpolitan so maybe there's more that side???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

guitarzero wrote: »
    Nope, would have to fully back him up on that. Dublin birds are the most stuck up women I've encountered, the merits of why still unknown.

Ah you're just bitter misogynist who can't get his hole :p

Nope, would have to fully back him up on that. Dublin birds are the most stuck up women I've encountered, the merits of why still unknown.

Ah you're just bitter misogynist who can't get his hole :p
    They may be stuck up when they are in Ireland and in their little clicks,but once these same girls move abroad or go on holiday they ride everything in sight and return to Ireland as if butter wouldn't melt in there mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Why would you be stuck up because you lived in Dublin??? Seriously, why? :D:D:D

Lived there six years but never once thought I was something special because I lived there.

It's not the worst place in the world to live by any means, but certainly not amazing either. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Irish middle aged men are pretty fat too, I think two in three of them are overweight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

They may be stuck up when they are in Ireland and in their little clicks,but once these same girls move abroad or go on holiday they ride everything in sight and return to Ireland as if butter wouldn't melt in there mouth.

I have this image of you in my head standing in the corner like a durty old man just watching women in general. Not interacting, just watching. Bleeurgh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

At least Irish women dont look like shriveled up old prunes!

Do you ever see the oldies on holidays who look like shriveled up old prunes! yes they may be skinny but they are also very very wrinkly, a bit of weight expands the wrinkles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The worst kind of woman is the middle aged, sometimes upper class, female customer who demands satisfaction.

Those of us who've worked in retail have all dealt with their bullshìt before.

Feeona wrote: »

I have this image of you in my head standing in the corner like a durty old man just watching women in general. Not interacting, just watching. Bleeurgh :pac:
    Your a little too early on the dirty old man scenario,still relatively young and happily married to a georgeous gal.
    Never was one for the corners,preferred the bar stool.
    I hope I didn't hit a nerve with you,of my encounters of Dublin girls during summers away in te states,living on the continent or backpacking they were horny as hell once they had a few vodkas and acted totally out of character to the image they portray in Irrland.
    Don't get me wrong we all welcomed it :) as Irish lads are the very same here and abroad but the change was amazing,I would meet these girls back in Dublin and they were back to being slightly stuck up but very different to how they acted on hols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hang on, I talked to 4 Irish guys in Germany who all agreed with me. None of them have ever been on a date before in their lives and they were all in their early 20s, and all of them talked about how much more genuine, authentic, down-to-earth and easier to meet German women were than Irish women, and that's even if you can only speak basic German and are speaking with them in English. Only a minority of German women speak English, yet at that time when I spoke little German, I was meeting loads of women who I could communicate with in English. How do you explain this?

I know where youre coming from roge, can I call you roge?

Now Roge, stuck up Irish girls is definitely a phenomenon but in my experience, it's an age thing. Its pretty bad between 18-22 but after this they start to realise they arent all that, they've been badly treated a few times had a few rough nights etc, I was once like you are now and I know it aint easy to be calm when you've found something going on, just take your time and think a lot, think of everything you've got, cause you will still be here tomorrow...but yoy dreams may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Now there are plenty of stunning women in their late 30's early 40's who look after themselves in Ireland but a lot seem to let themselves go and eat an awful amount if junk,lack of exercise etc unlike other nations.
    If you compare this to Italian,French,Latino or Asian women who seem to keep their figures in check.
    Is this solely down to culture,diet or climate.
    I'm not having a go here just an observation having spent time in the above countries.
    Any views

There was a French woman on Gerry Ryan several years who had written a book about 'Why French Women don't Get Fat' or something to that extent.
    The following year, a study was released that stated that 'French women had the highest obesity levels in Europe'.

Don't drink the kool-aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Your a little too early on the dirty old man scenario,still relatively young and happily married to a georgeous gal.

I still just can't shake the dirty old man image I have of you!

Feeona wrote: »

I still just can't shake the dirty old man image I have of you!
    Ha ha your giving me a laugh at the office at least,when I get an annorac I will send you a picture.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There was a French woman on Gerry Ryan several years who had written a book about 'Why French Women don't Get Fat' or something to that extent.
    The following year, a study was released that stated that 'French women had the highest obesity levels in Europe'.

Don't drink the kool-aid.
    Indeed. She might have entitled the book "Why bourgeois Parisiennes don't get fat" and have some basis in reality.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Nothing sexier then a voluptuous shapely middle aged woman they're so wholesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

To be fair, it's mostly just one guy who keeps re-regging. He's got a point though - how dare women not force themselves to fancy him?! Especially with that winning attitude. :D

Nope, would have to fully back him up on that. Dublin birds are the most stuck up women I've encountered, the merits of why still unknown. I guess that makes 2 virgins/losers/sad bastards/delusional idiots who just cant get any.
    No just two guys who are really keen to apply the behaviour of some women to all. Seriously, you're backing HIM up?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 prettypole

Hi I am a Polish lady and I think Irish lady dress very nice and wear good cosmetic.
    In Poland yes many lady have nice figure but also a big pressure on lady in Poland to look good as man want this and lady very competitive to keep good body and look nice.
    I think in Poland the young girl do not eat so much bad food and same with the older lady they eat healthy and try exercise a lot.
    This maybe why Polish lady look good a lot but also in summer time in Poland lady like to wear short dress and have nice legs to show this,My auntie and my Mother both eat healthy to be still sexy in there 40s.
    I think many beautiful Irish lady here but sometime I cannot imagine why they drink so much alcohol and eat fast food a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Hang on, I talked to 4 Irish guys in Germany who all agreed with me. None of them have ever been on a date before in their lives and they were all in their early 20s, and all of them talked about how much more genuine, authentic, down-to-earth and easier to meet German women were than Irish women, and that's even if you can only speak basic German and are speaking with them in English. Only a minority of German women speak English, yet at that time when I spoke little German, I was meeting loads of women who I could communicate with in English. How do you explain this?

German women love leprechauns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 prettypole

Polish lady like Irish guy they sometimes drink so much but they are very romantic.
    My sister and cousins all have Irish boyfriend who treat them very good and be nice to them with flower and surprise.
    I think Irish lady who have good Irish man know this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement