Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepalooza 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

That's great!! Thanks a million. I'm a newb at this festival didn't know it was so close to public transport routes. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

no worries, I'm not exactly sure where the bus stops in the town, but it wont be too far from the festival.

heres a screenshot from google maps, the train station is "A" and the entrance to the festival is "B".
    bear in mind that its probably another 15 minutes walk from the entrance to the camping area / stages.

214364.JPG

Oh and the cans, tell me how much a slab is please. 20 for €30 sounds reasonable, but I doubt it's that cheap.
    24 for €60

there was an announcement the other day on facebook:
    Bar pricing! Cool pints on draught: Budvar, Erdinger, Guinness - all only €4. Cans in off license: Budvar, Stoya, Kopparberg cider - 24 for €50. Infamous cocktails or shorts with mixer €6, bottle of wine €13. This is reasonable pricing as no drink allowed to be brought into arena or campsites due to our specific license granted. No point in complaining as nothing we can do & our 3 day moat camping tickets are only €50 so just grab a ticket now & bring a sense of adventure for this years Castlepalooza

for anyone not familair, they have a token system which can get confusing after a few drinks.
    2 euro = 1 token
    but tokens can be split in half so you get 2 tokens, kind of.
    prices are variously advertised in euros or tokens.
    it sounds simple, but after a few beers, some music, queueing for a few minutes and trying to remember your order, i can gurantee you will accidentally overpay (or be undercharged) for at least one round of drinks.

you also might be coming home with some tokesn on the monday. there is a refund system in place but not until later in the morning. so you may be faced with the option of waiting for a refund or getting home early. so dont overstock on the little bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭FledNanders

Will they announce the line up by day before the festival or do you only find out when you get down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Will they announce the line up by day before the festival or do you only find out when you get down there?

It should be out this week. If you download their app it has it on it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ITB

Do tent robbings be a regular thing at Castlepalooza? It was a nightmare at EP last year. Didn't feel safe all weekend.

On another note, tell me about the moat. I see tickets are €35 cheaper there than castle camping, does there be a bad crowd in this site?

Been to Castlepalooza the last two years. Better crowd in 2010 than last year (As with any festival when it gets a bit more popular). One mate had a fair bit of stuff robbed from her tent (while she briefly left her tent in the middle of the night). All in all a great festival.

Highlight last year was a Dublin band called Dogs. Well worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

I notice the Moat camping is actually cheaper than day passes. Not been a fan of camping at festivals the past few years-mainly due to the campsite trouble.

Castlepalooza seems not to be like that (although I take into account the above message) so was gonna give it a go. As it's the first year of Moat camping does anyone know if it has the toilet, shower facilities etc as with the main campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

LilNiall wrote: »
    I notice the Moat camping is actually cheaper than day passes.
    the Moat camping was supposed to be €50 for the first week, which was then extended, and it seems like they've kept it at that price.
    presume it's not selling very well so they've kept the price low to sell as many tickets as possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Headline act for Friday has been announced as Scroobius Pip. Great way to kick off the weekend!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

487944_450886518275824_155334907_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Are there shower facilities at this yoke?

Yes, never used them so cant give a review, but always a few people using them so thye cant be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

niallo24 wrote: »
    Are there shower facilities at this yoke?

Yeah one small block of showers. About 3/4 showers each for men and women. Hot water but big Q so arrive early.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Hi

Staying in the Moat campsite, is the parking far from the venue?

215140.JPG

from what i remember, thats the route from the car park to the castle.
    the shuttle bus only goes to the entrace to the grounds, so half that will be walking anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

What??? Are you saying it is a 2km walk from the Castle?

thats the actual car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Buglim wrote: »
    What??? Are you saying it is a 2km walk from the Castle?

Yea, the carpark is not in the grounds. You need the shuttlebus really.

nm wrote: »
    Yea, the carpark is not in the grounds. You need the shuttlebus really.

i copped that he is asking about the campervan parking. buglim, if you read the thread, this is the first year with moat camping so no one really knows what to expect. ask on their facebook or twitter becuase they dont have a rep posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

There's a new car park now onsite off the main avenue of Charleville Castle so no car park to grounds via shuttle bus needed. Good news I think.

quote off the site:
    "Our new car park is situated off the main avenue of Charleville Castle."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Theres a map, it shows the campervan area, it's beside the moat camping.

http://www.castlepalooza.com/map.html

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

are wellies advised would you say? looking forward to next weekend now... big shtyle!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Just FYI you can request car shares on getthere.ie - I saw somebody asking about getting down there cheaply so that's an option. You would want a plan B though in case you don't get somebody going your way.

Also tomorrow is the last day to enter competition to win tics for this festivals on my little site - Festivals.ie - competition for 2 Castlepalooza tickets here

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jonaldinho

First timer to the festival here lads. Really looking forward to it now! What should be expected? Clothes wise etc what should be brought and i suppose the main question is money- how much would ye recommend to last me the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭velosolex

I am in my early 50's and have tickets, is this for me? will I be the oldest there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

velosolex wrote: »
    I am in my early 50's and have tickets, is this for me? will I be the oldest there?

You will be grand, Im in my late 40s and Ive went to more festivals in the last few years than I did in my 20s and 30s. Sure theres guys and gals about the same age as Roger Waters in their mid 60s still getting their rocks off to the sounds and festivals.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭collymcd

Does anyone know if drink is forbidden in the Moat Campsite as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭velosolex

bodhrandude. Thanks, looking forward to a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

collymcd wrote: »
    Does anyone know if drink is forbidden in the Moat Campsite as well?

As far as I know alcohol is allowed in the campsites but only drink bought onsite.

There's nothing about it on the website:
    No open fires - campers will be immediately ejected for lighting fires.

No barbeques or disposable barbeques are permitted.

No gas canisters are permitted on the campsite.

No glass or bottles are allowed.

No candles or flares.

It'd be a bit much to ask people to carry around the whole slabs of cans the sell onsite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement