Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Good start Spurs.

Parker on FIRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Quality game so far, and Durant is only starting to come alive this quarter. Jackson and Parker have been unreal. This 4th is gonna be balls to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Give the ball to Jackson.

They've tightened up on Parker.

Aye, they've done a good job of phasing him out as much as possible in the 2nd half alright. It's hard to see past OKC at this stage, though, with Durant and the crowd on their side after that fight back. But it's the type of game either could nick in the last seconds.

Delighted for OKC. A real performance of champions there. Fantastic game. Now all we need is a Heat comeback so Durant can show Lebron who the real MVP is, face-to-face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This Thunder team could dominate for years to come. Frightening to think Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden are all 23 or under.

leggo wrote: »
    Delighted for OKC. A real performance of champions there. Fantastic game. Now all we need is a Heat comeback so Durant can show Lebron who the real MVP is, face-to-face.

Would prefer the Celtics to win against the Heat, simply so I can just sit back and enjoy the final without really, really wanting one team to lose. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That was some game. Was a tad worried early on when Parker was running riot. But I'm delighted for OKC and especially Durrant. Hopefully the Celtic pull through later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Do you guys think OKC will be a favourite over MIA? Over Boston?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Do you guys think OKC will be a favourite over MIA? Over Boston?

Its hard to tell. Durant is going to have a much tougher time no matter who he faces. Hes going to be guarded by an all star in Lebron or Paul Pierce. If its the Celtics then I think OKC is favourite, not so sure about Miami.

• Advertisement

Oh I'd have complete faith in OKC against Miami. They've got too many options. Miami have shown themselves to be very, very limited outside of the big two in these play-offs (though Chris Bosh does add a new threat with his perimeter shots and offensive rebounds). Whereas OKC have strength and depth althroughout, plus a point blank refusal to lose with Durant in charge. And if the Pacers and Celtics can figure them out, then OKC should be able to do so with relative ease. It'd be competitive, but OKC in 6 I think would be a safe enough bet.

I hate the Heat, but that's the best Finals option by far for me. If the Celtics do it, though, they've earned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I think Miami comes back hard tonight so its going to be another close one. If its close i see Miami crumbling again and the C's pipping them at the post.

Can't wait for tonight, lets get it done C's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Delighted for OKC and Durant. OKC fans seem the most instense in the NBA while Durant seems like a honest hard working kid in a league of egos. I dont think anybody could begrudge them any of their success...unless the play the C's in the finals and beat them, then they're all a bunch of w*nkers

Lads, can anyone explain the move from Seattle to Oklahoma for the Supersonics/Thunder please? I've tried to search myself but all I can find is that it was because of a dispute between Bennett and lawmakers in Seattle.

Must be a tough time for those fans in Seattle to see their team relocated and now becoming what looks like being a dominant force in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, can anyone explain the move from Seattle to Oklahoma for the Supersonics/Thunder please? I've tried to search myself but all I can find is that it was because of a dispute between Bennett and lawmakers in Seattle.

There's a documentary on YouTube about it called Sonicsgate.

Interesting couple of articles on the subject last month, Brian Phillips of Grantland wrote an open letter to Sonics fans:
    My Zombie Sweetheart: An open letter to Seattle SuperSonics fans from an OKC Thunder supporter

And Beckley Mason, a Sonics fan, responded:
    A response to Brian Phillips’ open letter to Sonics fans

More about it on that Hoopspeak site:
    Surviving the Sonics: A Personal Story of Basketball Loss

padraig_f wrote: »

Interesting couple of articles on the subject last month, Brian Phillips of Grantland wrote an open letter to Sonics fans:
    My Zombie Sweetheart: An open letter to Seattle SuperSonics fans from an OKC Thunder supporter

Brilliant, thanks very much. Just about to watch the documentary now and will read the letters after.

that documentary is really good. I wish so much that they were the sonics still:(

padraig_f wrote: »

Nice one.

Just read the open letter there, fascinating insight. Will give that documentary a watch later or over the weekend myself. Was curious myself as to how the whole process went about the relocation.

Just watched the documentary. A great watch, thanks Padraig.

What a shady twat that Bennett is, saying 5 months before buying the team that he's definitely interested in bringing a team to OKC and that the Sonics are a possibility, then in the press conference after buying the Sonics saying he wants to keep them in Seattle. I guess 95% of people knew they'd be moved, but openly lying to everyone despite this made it worse. Going to meetings with propositions to build the most expensive NBA arena in the worst area for traffic in the state and not even speaking at the lobby meetings, trying to turn the people against the team by gutting them and refusing to let their players talk to media etc to give the perception that there's no support. He was never serious about keeping them there, even the House Chair said so. Aubrey McClenden (part of the ownership group) of the OKC Journal then saying that they never had any intention of keeping the team in Seattle and only bought it to move it to OKC, which Bennett denied! The Ballman Group being rejected, the ''I'm a man possessed'' leaked emails, the emails between Bennett and Stern that read like love letters, no Seattle representatives on their board etc. Stern is just as bad. I wonder what the result of the verdict that the City of Seattle never bothered to find out would have been? Shocking stuff from the major to settle on that case.

Can't imagine how the Sonics fans feel, especially at the minute as their once franchise looks set to dominate the NBA for years. Felt so sorry for the radio guy, covered them for over 10 years and he looked like he just wanted to break down in tears when discussing everything, especially when he was talking about how they got Durant and he thought the market would pick up, but then Allen was traded and it became clear for certain that Bennett would move and how he naively had believed that the team would stay. It's the one thing I've always disliked about American sports, the way a franchise can be relocated.

I like the Thunder's players, but after having my eyes opened to the history of the deal thanks to that documentary I would be absolutely delighted to see things go wrong for Bennett.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Worrying about LeBron beasting tonight.

Also Wade has really gotten on my tits this season. If the Celtics don't do the job I hope OKC crush them.

• Advertisement

Lebron getting no help from Wade so far. Looks like LBJ is in the sort of form that could take on the entire celtics though.

Lebron getting no help from Wade so far. Looks like LBJ is in the sort of form that could take on the entire celtics though.

Someone needs to tell Boston that the game started 10 minutes ago!

Started like a house on fire has LeBron. Boston have been woeful so far.

this is madness from lebron

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

It speaks volumes about Miami that (whatever the actual result of the game) Boston are still very much in it after a lackluster start and a monster half from LeBron.

right bedtime, bring on saturday night :)

Can't help but feel the Celtics have blown their chance and that's it for them now. Then again, they've constantly proved me wrong in this series so far so hopefully they do it again.

Very poor performance from Boston (and that's being kind), and because it was mainly Lebron against the Celtics they'll surely think that even if 1 more player other than Rondo turned up tonight that they'd have had a chance. Pierce was shocking. One 3 pointer made from 13 attempted by the Celtics so far in the whole game is embarrassing really. Not the stuff you expect from a team with guys who have experience of winning championships and coming good at crunch time.

Hard to see Miami losing at home now in a game 7, but I said that the other night before they lost and as I said above the Celtics have proved me wrong before.

Looking at the possible finals match-up I don't think OKC will be having any sleepless nights about facing either of these teams, especially Boston. Durant can do what Lebron does but he can do it at clutch time as well. Wade has gone missing for large parts of the playoffs especially the first 3 quarters of games, and OKC also have a great impact from their bench. I think OKC will beat either of these within 6 games, probably 5 if it's Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

As I said before, it was Boston's to lose and they just did. Unreal game from LeBron, singlehandedly carrying Miami to victory.

But really, if Boston started making any of their shots tonight, it would have been a very different game. Big game 7 on Saturday! Should be entertaining...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭BQQ

Paully D wrote: »
    Looking at the possible finals match-up I don't think OKC will be having any sleepless nights about facing either of these teams, especially Boston. Durant can do what Lebron does but he can do it at clutch time as well. Wade has gone missing for large parts of the playoffs especially the first 3 quarters of games, and OKC also have a great impact from their bench. I think OKC will beat either of these within 6 games, probably 5 if it's Boston.

Sure, Durant can score as much as Lebron, but no way can he do what LeBron does on the defensive end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

What a performance.
    Absolutely delighted.
    Bring on saturday.
    The rest of the team really needs to step up to the plate and start producing, DW is a mess at the moment.
    All in all delighted we're still alive and the dream lives.

Really enjoyed this article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/ian_thomsen/06/07/heat.celtics.6/index.html

#YouWannaBeTheKingYouGonnaHaveToKillTheKing

#WeGotThis

#RondoAintShit

Advertisement