Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

killwill wrote: »
    Who are your top 3 PGs?
    1. Rose
    2. CP3
    3. Rondo

Kyrie Irving will be pushing to knock someone down that list in the next 2 seasons I reckon.
    Off the top of my head no other PG has overly impressed me this season.
    Maybe Derron Williams and Chris Paul could be considered.
    I'm really not too sure about Irving pushing into the top 3. I think John Wall may get to that level first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

killwill wrote: »
    Felexicon wrote: »
    I think that was always more of a media thing to be fair. His shooting was somewhat patchy but never terrible. The role of a PG is not scoring. It's being a leader on the floor a dictating the pace and style of the teams play.
    For that reason I've had Rondo as a top 3 PG since his championship year as he managed to get PP, KG and Ray Allen enough shots to keep them all happy while playing winning basketball.

Also what the hell are my Lakers playing at. Why do we always trade away draft picks. There may be a case for using our amnesty on Kobe to free up some cap space for a few free agents

Who are your top 3 PGs?
    1. Rose
    2. CP3
    3. Rondo

Kyrie Irving will be pushing to knock someone down that list in the next 2 seasons I reckon.
    Off the top of my head no other PG has overly impressed me this season.
    Tony Parker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

Beast Performance from Rajon. Dude didn't deserve to lose.
    That performance will go down in the record books.
    The baton on the celtics has officially passed from the big 3 down to rondo.

Solid performance from my lads too. Props due to Lebron and Wade. They knew they were in a battle and despite some scares they bit down hard and got the job done.

I'm expecting a split in Boston, which should mean the Heat will nick it with a win back in Miami. 4 - 1 I'm calling it.

A Heat Spurs championship match looks mouthwatering now I must admit!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

insanity50 wrote: »
    Beast Performance from Rajon. Dude didn't deserve to lose.
    That performance will go down in the record books.
    The baton on the celtics has officially passed from the big 3 down to rondo.

Solid performance from my lads too. Props due to Lebron and Wade. They knew they were in a battle and despite some scares they bit down hard and got the job done.

I'm expecting a split in Boston, which should mean the Heat will nick it with a win back in Miami. 4 - 1 I'm calling it.

A Heat Spurs championship match looks mouthwatering now I must admit!
    You're heat are on fire man if the cs keep letting them run the ball the heat will sweep them there just to athletic heat-spurs would be a great finals

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

The C's did their best last night. Pierce & Allen have looked awful the whole playoffs. Pierce had one good game against ATL. Allen has not even looked like an NBA player for a month. Although his clutch 3 last night had me punching the air. Fantastic. And a good first quarter too.

I know they are carrying injuries but maybe their age is just catching up on them too. Like maybe younger players could get through these injuries...

Celtics will have to rebuild next year. This group is finished (even if they somehow manage to get past the Heat, which they won't.) Even though everyone already knows that.

I'd like to see a lot of change in Beantown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 stretchtex

Maybe Derron Williams and Chris Paul could be considered.
    I'm really not too sure about Irving pushing into the top 3. I think John Wall may get to that level first.

Ill take Tony Parker over any of these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I think that was always more of a media thing to be fair. His shooting was somewhat patchy but never terrible. The role of a PG is not scoring. It's being a leader on the floor a dictating the pace and style of the teams play.
    For that reason I've had Rondo as a top 3 PG since his championship year as he managed to get PP, KG and Ray Allen enough shots to keep them all happy while playing winning basketball.

Also what the hell are my Lakers playing at. Why do we always trade away draft picks. There may be a case for using our amnesty on Kobe to free up some cap space for a few free agents

Lol, using the amnesty on Kobe would be the craziest move ever. Yes he will be 35 next year and yes he is grossly overpaid. But Kobe averaged 28 ponts per game this season(30 in the playoffs), which made him joint top scorer, only behind Durant by .1. Pau's offensive production has fallen off a cliff, 12.5 points a game yet Kobe with help from Bynum dragged this lakers team to the 3rd best record in the western conference. Gasol is getting traded this of season and amnestying Kobe, would mean the Lakers starting from square one. If they keep him they are guaranteed a playoff spot, and with some smarts trade another run at a championship. The lakers will amnesty World Peace, I think, he is getting paid over $7 million right now and with him off the books and if the gasol trade frees up cap space then they could make a run at Deron Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

nerd69 wrote: »
    Tiny Parker?

Totally overlooked him. Brain fart on my behalf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Rondo has become one of the premium pgs in the game, he keeps on improving every year. He is not a great shooter but has kept working on it and keeps improving.
    One of the main problems he had was poor shot selection and decision making, this has also improved.

Do or die for the Thunder now, Thunder will play at a high tempo one would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Come on Spurs,great comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Spurs turned it over 7 times in the first quarter and are up two points. Says it all about who's the better team imo

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

They'd want to get their act together here in the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

i dunno what the spurs have been at for the last ten minutes but they'd want to cop the **** on

finally i get to watch a game in full! lets go celtics!

the celtics are just playing brilliantly.

if le bron wasn't playing so well (bar free throws), the heat would be even further behind

Only saw this a few days ago, enjoyable watch, some incredible ball handling.

Celtics did well tonight, solid performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭BQQ

Refs get a bit of criticism and how do they respond?

5 FTs for James in game 3 and none for Wade :rolleyes:

Seriously? Dwayne Wade wasn't fouled the whole game?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

buyer95 wrote: »
    Lol, using the amnesty on Kobe would be the craziest move ever. Yes he will be 35 next year and yes he is grossly overpaid. But Kobe averaged 28 ponts per game this season(30 in the playoffs), which made him joint top scorer, only behind Durant by .1. Pau's offensive production has fallen off a cliff, 12.5 points a game yet Kobe with help from Bynum dragged this lakers team to the 3rd best record in the western conference. Gasol is getting traded this of season and amnestying Kobe, would mean the Lakers starting from square one. If they keep him they are guaranteed a playoff spot, and with some smarts trade another run at a championship. The lakers will amnesty World Peace, I think, he is getting paid over $7 million right now and with him off the books and if the gasol trade frees up cap space then they could make a run at Deron Williams.

Kobe averaged 28 points alright but his shooting percentages fell off a cliff half way through the season. He just took more and more shots. He's a volume scorer now- the best teams don't double team him as he doesnt get to the rim so much anymore. I agree they shouldnt amnesty him, but they should broach the subject of renegotiating his contract. Pau need to be close to the basket, but Bynum is occupying that space now meaning that Pau is spending more time out around the free throw line rather than on the block.

mc_grens wrote: »
    Kobe averaged 28 points alright but his shooting percentages fell off a cliff half way through the season. He just took more and more shots. He's a volume scorer now- the best teams don't double team him as he doesnt get to the rim so much anymore. I agree they shouldnt amnesty him, but they should broach the subject of renegotiating his contract. Pau need to be close to the basket, but Bynum is occupying that space now meaning that Pau is spending more time out around the free throw line rather than on the block.

Very good post, I think if Pau moves to another team his numbers will shoot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Very good post, I think if Pau moves to another team his numbers will shoot up.

Would really like to see him at the Bulls, but I wouldn't be too keen on giving up Deng (who the Lakers would more than likely want in any sort of deal). Boozer's huge contract has put a bit of a spanner in the works as ideally he'd be off and lets be honest, there's no chance the Lakers will want him.

If a deal could get done then it would be a big help to the Bulls as Gasol could become the main scoring threat until Rose is back and take a bit of pressure off him on his return from injury. Imagine the pick and roll play between those two :) That said I think it would represent too move of a roster change to get him in as it would probably be Deng + Rip for Gasol and then Noah moving elsewhere. Factoring ages and money into things, it's just not going to happen.

He needs to leave the Lakers though, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

I was expecting a split in Boston, last night was expected.

I think we'll get the W on sunday.

Hopefully OKC get the W tonight to make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Rondo's been brilliant this series. Not as spectacular as game 2 but still excellent last night. He had a bunch of highlights, but my favourite was the steal off Lebron's outlet pass, it's all anticipation, he's up in the air before Lebron lets go of the ball.

I watch the Celtics' tip-offs a lot more closely after watching this video, he did the header last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

What a game, and what a series.

Screw it, #ThunderUp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ibaka 100% from the field last night. Wow. And Durant scoring 16 straight in the 4th quarter. Wow.

This is why I love the NBA. A week ago, we're discussing if San Antonio can go 26 unbeaten on their way to collecting their rings (a formality). Now, I just can't see Durant letting his team lose this series, and OKC's supporting cast is stepping up and showing themselves to be as strong as SA's.

All we need to have it set-up perfectly now is for Boston to win tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NewBoss

mc_grens wrote: »
    I agree they shouldnt amnesty him, but they should broach the subject of renegotiating his contract.

Can't renogotiate contract down, from what Larry Coon says.
    buyer95 wrote: »
    If they keep him they are guaranteed a playoff spot, and with some smarts trade another run at a championship. The lakers will amnesty World Peace, I think, he is getting paid over $7 million right now and with him off the books and if the gasol trade frees up cap space then they could make a run at Deron Williams.

Keeping Kobe doesn't guarantee playoffs (see 2004-2005), although amnestying him would be unthinkable, just because of who he is. A straight up Gasol for Deron Williams sign and trade would be very interesting, might re-ignite Kobe's legs (and shooting percentages). But yeah, getting rid of Artest is a no-brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Celtics are on fire tonight, Rondo has a ton of assists. Will be very exciting in Miami if the series is all square.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

That was some tense finish! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SoulGuy

Supposedly Bosh will be back for Game 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Wade is struggling big time,lebron is carrying them, and Miami could now perceivably lose this series, if Bosh does't sort himself out pronto. Wade missed 15 of 22 shots and had 4 turnovers

• Advertisement

As good as the Celtics have played, I would be shocked if they won this series, just with the home court advantage Miami have and the defense they are able to play. Saying that, Allen is getting his shot back and Pierce is getting more consistent.

Advertisement