Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 36..Match Day thread.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

BP for Spurs?

Ade (3)
    Bale (2)
    VDV(1)

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Brought in Wheater for 2 DGWs. Scored a mighty 5 over the 4 matches. Waste of time.

You were aware all the time though that they're Bolton, and they had sh1t fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

What a night - capt cisse to the rescue, bale with 2 assist, 2 ade goals and a williamson cleanie!

And a great result as a newcastle fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

manual_man wrote: »
    You were aware all the time though that they're Bolton, and they had sh1t fixtures

But he scored 17 points in GW30. Was hoping for a few of those performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

On 126 points, luvvly !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

BP for Spurs?

Ade (3)
    Bale (2)
    VDV(1)

What do people think?

VDV got a goal + assist versus 2 assists for bale, not sure which way it will go

manual_man wrote: »

But he scored 17 points in GW30. Was hoping for a few of those performances.

Ah yeah but that was a bit wishful thinking. All the same alot of this game is luck, alot of people capt'd Cisse and probly fancied they'd get sfa before tonight's game, it's a funny old game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

VDV (c) and Cisse heroes! 109 pre bonus. First century of the season! GWAN:D (Not too bothered by that Moses sub now :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Just seen the 2nd cisse goal - holy s'hit balls what a goal - unreal to even attempt to score from there like that! Thats about 5 pure class goals he has now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hopefully captain VDV gets 2 bonus points

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

mossym wrote: »
    VDV got a goal + assist versus 2 assists for bale, not sure which way it will go

Ade 3, VDV 2, Bale 1 (Bale owner here)

I'm hoping Santon,with his cleanie, assist, general attacking play and off the line clearance might get 2.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Took a 16 point hit this week as I made 6 transfers. Normally this would be absolute madness quite simply. But double gameweek and 3rd last game of the season so I decided it was worth a punt. Its paid off handsomely.

Van Persie (9) to Suarez (17) = +8
    Miyachi (1) to Mata (17) = +16
    Sessegnon (5) to Dempsey (5) = 0
    Bodgan (1) to Cech (5) = +4
    Caulker (0) to Jagielka (8) = +8
    Aguero (2) to Jelavic (14) = +12

Grand total of 48 extra points minus the 16 point hit for a 32 point overall gain. Success.

Suarez to Rooney this week and Aguero in for the last game. On 115 for thee week and I'd say an extra 7 to come so 122 - 16 point hit for 106, my first tonne of the year. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Just seen the 2nd cisse goal - holy s'hit balls what a goal - unreal to even attempt to score from there like that! Thats about 5 pure class goals he has now.

Should be on for 10 BPs for it for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Up to 130.. Mmmmm nice! Few more bonus points tomorrow too please... :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mossym wrote: »
    119 points. there's a prize in our league for most points in a week, current first place is 132. have bonuses to come, but need another goal from someone to get me close enough for bonuses to get me over the line

reckon i'm going to come up 2/3 points short in this...balls

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Might scrape up to 90 which is fairly poor this week :mad:

Just seen the 2nd cisse goal. Good speculative shot but absolutely shocking goalkeeping from Cech imo. Should have saved it. No way is that one of the best goals ever scored in PL, his first goal was better. Not trying to be smart just giving my opinion.

My point is : How can a goal be one of the best ever scored in PL if the keeper should have saved it? Watch Cech's footwork again if you don't believe me. It is actually shameful goalkeeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just seen the 2nd cisse goal. Good speculative shot but absolutely shocking goalkeeping from Cech imo. Should have saved it. No way is that one of the best goals ever scored in PL, his first goal was better. Not trying to be smart just giving my opinion.

My point is : How can a goal be one of the best ever scored in PL if the keeper should have saved it? Watch Cech's footwork again if you don't believe me. It is actually shameful goalkeeping.

That's a bit harsh on both Cech and Cissé. Cech was on his line pretty much when it was hit. The bend and surprise nature of the shot took it away from him.

Not many keepers would have stopped that. Cech is 6'5 remember. It's as good a goal as you'll see.

I suppose you don't have Cissé on your team do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

First time, outside of his foot in mid air. When I first saw it I imagined myself taking that same shot. Impossible. Really is a ridiculous goal to score. If he were on the other wing it would have looked better but wouldn't have been half as impressive because he would have been kicking inwards with his right instead of outwards like he did. I'm not sure if you play soccer a lot (not trying to be smart or anything) but from my experience of playing and attempting shots similar to those, I'd have to say it's the most impressive goal I've seen in a very long time. The technique is nearly impossible to get right for strikes like that. But enough of me waffling about it, I'm sure everyone here knows it was amazing already. I just think you're putting it down a bit too much.

As for the goalkeeping, I think the main reason he didn't save it was because he wasn't expecting it. Like I said above, the ball came to the outside of his body, nobody was expecting a shot. Cech was off his line (doing what a normal goalkeeper would do) and the curl was so ridiculous that it could've looked like it was going straight at him but then steered away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Do you really think everyone else has missed it and you are right? Outside of the foot, first time into the top right corner, dipping over a keeper? He couldn't sort his feet because there is absolutely no way he could have anticipated it coming. Don't know why you would possibly try to knock it. Strange.

• Advertisement

That's a bit harsh on both Cech and Cissé. Cech was on his line pretty much when it was hit. The bend and surprise nature of the shot took it away from him.

Not many keepers would have stopped that. Cech is 6'5 remember. It's as good a goal as you'll see.

I suppose you don't have Cissé on your team do you?

I don't have him no. I'd love to knobble the f-er.

Still and all if someone kicking across the ball like that there is only one way the ball can go, so you wouldn't expect Cech to take a step to his right. I think Cech's concentration was gone what with the FA cup final coming up and he was totally switched off. I honestly believable that it was nothing more than a saveable pot-shot not the wonder goal i was expecting. Crouch's goal against M.City was unsaveable + RvP has a couple of better goals than that this season, especially his strike against Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

BP predictions from last night and tonight <snip>

Stoke 1 Everton 1
    Hibbert 3, Huth 2, Upson 1

Liverpool 0 Fulham 1
    Riise 3, Hangeland 2, Schwarzer 1

Chelsea 0 Newcastle 2
    Cisse 3, Santon 2, Perch 1

Bolton 1 Tottenham 4
    Van der Vaart 3, Adebayor 2, Modric 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I don't have him no. I'd love to knobble the f-er.

Still and all if someone kicking across the ball like that there is only one way the ball can go, so you wouldn't expect Cech to take a step to his right. I think Cech's concentration was gone what with the FA cup final coming up and he was totally switched off. I honestly believable that it was nothing more than a saveable pot-shot not the wonder goal i was expecting. Crouch's goal against M.City was unsaveable + RvP has a couple of better goals than that this season, especially his strike against Everton.

Ah you are really clutching at straws here. Part of the wonder-goal aspect of it lies in the fact that it kept their hopes for 4th alive. They were under immense pressure from Chelsea at that stage. 93 minutes gone and another 7 minutes to play. Chelsea could easily have scored one the way they were playing.

I can guarantee you that no one out there thought that Cissé was going to hit that shot when he did. I know keepers are supposed to anticipate everything but at the end of a long game Cech could be forgiven. He has played 2 games a week for 3/4 weeks now and has been under unbelievable pressure.

It was an amazing goal. Cech could do nothing about it, simple as.

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Do you really think everyone else has missed it and you are right? Outside of the foot, first time into the top right corner, dipping over a keeper? He couldn't sort his feet because there is absolutely no way he could have anticipated it coming. Don't know why you would possibly try to knock it. Strange.

I have played in goals quite a bit over the years and as a keeper you always watch the body-shape of the person in possession especially when they are lining up to shoot. There was only one way that ball was going, that's what makes Cech attempt to save it so pathetic. I'll bet that other people will echo my sentiments over the next few days. I'm not taking anything away from the strike but i think that this is already being over-hyped too much. I was expecting it to be up there amongst the best goals off all-time but it is nothing of the sort at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

KevIRL wrote: »
    BP predictions from last night and tonight from FF Scout

Stoke 1 Everton 1
    Hibbert 3, Huth 2, Upson 1

Liverpool 0 Fulham 1
    Riise 3, Hangeland 2, Schwarzer 1

Chelsea 0 Newcastle 2
    Cisse 3, Santon 2, Perch 1

Bolton 1 Tottenham 4

3 for VDV and Cisse would be nice!

Reckon Bale is due a few over Modric though, and Ade will prob get the 3

KevIRL wrote: »
    BP predictions from last night and tonight from FF
    Bolton 1 Tottenham 4

Two assists and a two SOT from Bale not enough to get him anything? Wouldn't be surprised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I have played in goals quite a bit over the years and as a keeper you always watch the body-shape of the person in possession especially when they are lining up to shoot. There was only one way that ball was going, that's what makes Cech attempt to save it so pathetic. I'll bet that other people will echo my sentiments over the next few days. I'm not taking anything away from the strike but i think that this is already being over-hyped too much. I was expecting it to be up there amongst the best goals off all-time but it is nothing of the sort at all.

Please stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

carlcon wrote: »
    Please stop.

Haha:D

• Advertisement

Quit all the arguing lads. Cisse is sh1te

Djibril :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement