Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 36..Match Day thread.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

mossym wrote: »
    in fairness it was as good a nailed on certainty they wouldn't risk him tonight, or gerrard, not with fa cup.

same token i don't think mata lampard or drogba will start tomorrow evening...

Didn't expect him to start but thought he would have been on the bench and brought on if needed..

Have Bosingwa fir Chelsea tomorrow - hard to know if he will start but with chelsea still looking for 4th I reckon they will put out a decent side..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

thewools wrote: »
    Didn't expect him to start but thought he would have been on the bench and brought on if needed..

Liverpool have nothing to play for in the league at this stage though. Kenny will value the FA Cup over trying to finish as high as he can in mid-table obscurity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    19:30 - Stephen Kelly is starting :mad: I've Sessegnon first sub with 5 points
    21:40 - Fulham CS :D Kelly 6 points

Its the only bonus out of tonights result:rolleyes: Still missing out on Moses 16 points is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Simpson yellow flagged for tomorrow. 75% chance of playing

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Anyone else got Adebayor as captain?

Hoping for a big game off him 2moro nite, but with Fabrice attending it might be a tougher game than oringinally looked for Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Officer999 wrote: »
    Anyone else got Adebayor as captain?

Hoping for a big game off him 2moro nite, but with Fabrice attending it might be a tougher game than oringinally looked for Spurs.

yep i have have him as captain don't feel a bit confident after his showing against blackburn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

107 pre-bonus (maybe Hibbert?) with Cech, VdV, Walker and Cisse to play. Need to beat my rival's gameweek scores to get an extra €50.

One of them is on 110 with Walker, Bosingwa, Bale and Reo-Coker to play. Reo-Coker's a doubt so hopefully he misses out.

The only other guy close to us has 106 with Simpson, Terry, Bale, Mata and Petrov to play. Hopefully Mata and Terry are rested and Newcastle concede (but still win :)). Actually a Bale red card/rest and Cisse doing something would suit me great against both opponants!

Neither guy have Dempsey or Hibbert so any sort of bonus for them would be great too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

71 with Bale, Terry, Cisse, Krul and Santon to play again. Poor return from Jelavic, Dempsey and Pienear, but at least my rival had Jelly as captain so I'd be delighted if captain Cisse gets a goal tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

FutureGuy wrote: »
    71 with Bale, Terry, Cisse, Krul and Santon to play again. Poor return from Jelavic, Dempsey and Pienear, but at least my rival had Jelly as captain so I'd be delighted if captain Cisse gets a goal tonight.

Wouldnt agree with that, I had Jelavic as captain with a total score of 28 for the week which i wont complain with? I also have Cisse who scored a massive 2 points in the last match so he would want to do some serious stuff tonight to catch up!

Wouldnt agree with that, I had Jelavic as captain with a total score of 28 for the week which i wont complain with? I also have Cisse who scored a massive 2 points in the last match so he would want to do some serious stuff tonight to catch up!

Jez, I meant from last night. Clearly he (and Pienear) has been superb up until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

52 points. 5 to play, 5 pts on the bench.

Thought I'd be alot higher by now.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Hmmm no BP from last nights matches........
    Guess they are holding off until tomorrow to do all 4 matches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

107 pre-bonus (maybe Hibbert?) with Cech, VdV, Walker and Cisse to play. Need to beat my rival's gameweek scores to get an extra €50.

One of them is on 110 with Walker, Bosingwa, Bale and Reo-Coker to play. Reo-Coker's a doubt so hopefully he misses out.

The only other guy close to us has 106 with Simpson, Terry, Bale, Mata and Petrov to play. Hopefully Mata and Terry are rested and Newcastle concede (but still win :)). Actually a Bale red card/rest and Cisse doing something would suit me great against both opponants!

Neither guy have Dempsey or Hibbert so any sort of bonus for them would be great too!

To people saying one GW can't ruin your whole season... after taking an 8 point hit, I'm on 38 points for the week so far. Not only has this ruined my season, it might end up costing me a few leagues I'm in which I was 60+ points ahead in. I can almost put it down to one game, Everton v Fulham. Absolutely killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Some big scores in here.

Unfortunately, I'm not in that boat. Only 47 so far, with Cisse (c), Bale, Simpson, Bogdan and Ben Arfa to play. My main rival in the league took a 20 point hit but is on 97 so far, so it looks like the game is up for me. I started the week 6 points ahead of him. Like the guy above, Everton v Fulham killed me, he had Pienaar and Howard. He captained van der Vaart too, and has Terry. One of those weeks sadly.

I forgot I had Stephen Kelly playing last night (he's generally my team's forgotten man) so his six was a pleasant surprise.

Up to 59 now with Kompany's 14 points to come in for Stevie Ireland. I've also Cisse (C), hopefully Terry and Bogdan playing tonight. I'm hoping for a stormer from Bogdan to keep Bale, VdV and Ade out.

A Cisse goal and three bonus would be fantastic as well but I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Lemlin wrote: »
    I forgot I had Stephen Kelly playing last night (he's generally my team's forgotten man) so his six was a pleasant surprise.

Up to 59 now with Kompany's 14 points to come in for Stevie Ireland. I've also Cisse (C), hopefully Terry and Bogdan playing tonight. I'm hoping for a stormer from Bogdan to keep Bale, VdV and Ade out.

A Cisse goal and three bonus would be fantastic as well but I can't see it happening.

Keep the faith. He scores when he wants. He just fancied hitting the woodwork instead against Wigan.

I need BArfa to have a stormer tonight, Cisse is irrelevant as everyone has him, with Simpson injured hopefully RTaylor will finally start too! Also need VDV to do the business again so a nice 2 - 1 win over Bolton would be lovely to stop Walker from adding too much more to his score!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

thunderdog wrote: »
    Simpson yellow flagged for tomorrow. 75% chance of playing

Update on BBC
    "Newcastle defender Danny Simpson, who picked up an ankle injury in Saturday's defeat at Wigan, is expected to be fit."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Damnit, any chance of BAE coming on tonight

I've just seen the guy top of my league has Kompany on the bench second, with the first selection being a midfielder.

If Harry could just like bring BAE on for the last 5 minuets that would be great, I do not want to Kompany to get 14 points for him! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think BAE is out for the season

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    To people saying one GW can't ruin your whole season... after taking an 8 point hit, I'm on 38 points for the week so far. Not only has this ruined my season, it might end up costing me a few leagues I'm in which I was 60+ points ahead in. I can almost put it down to one game, Everton v Fulham. Absolutely killed me.

Yeah you've had a tough 3 weeks. The Cahill transfer hurt you as you had to take hits to get other Chelsea cover in.

Alot of people saw Everton as the only team to invest in given their form, dgw fixtures, fixtures after the dgw (esp Wolves away) and the need to win (bounce back from FA cup and finish highe than Liverpool).

I wish I had brough in Hibbert, but can't complain about Jevavic and Pienear's returns!

Damnit, any chance of BAE coming on tonight

I've just seen the guy top of my league has Kompany on the bench second, with the first selection being a midfielder.

If Harry could just like bring BAE on for the last 5 minuets that would be great, I do not want to Kompany to get 14 points for him! :mad:

BAE out for season. Alot of people had him as first defensive sub, but Skrtel/Kelly starting last night kept him there. Thankfully!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I need Cahill to play tonight, 2 minutes or a 30 second sub appearance will do, desperate for any points I can get, my sub defender will come in for a big fat zero.

Simpson better play too, sitting on -1 so need that to change.

Only other doublers I have are Bogdan, (C) Bale and Cisse. Really need an epic performance from my captain, not many people captained him and I stuck with my guns and didn't do a last minute Cisse change, working out so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah you've had a tough 3 weeks. The Cahill transfer hurt you as you had to take hits to get other Chelsea cover in.

Alot of people saw Everton as the only team to invest in given their form, dgw fixtures, fixtures after the dgw (esp Wolves away) and the need to win (bounce back from FA cup and finish highe than Liverpool).

I wish I had brough in Hibbert, but can't complain about Jevavic and Pienear's returns!

Yep. Got pretty unlucky in the run up to GW 36 but my decision not to bring on board Everton players has killed me. I swapped BAE for Terry which worked out but still nothing close to enough to save me. Funny thing was I was debating between Cisse and Dempsey for the captaincy, and theres a strong chance it wouldnt have even made a difference.

Can't really complain too much though, looking at it now it seems like a massive amount of bad luck but I'm sure I've made some mistakes over the last 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Cisse is irrelevant as everyone has him

Some of us don't and he's bloody terrifying!

I'm the only one in the top 3 of my money league who has him, and I have him captained.

*IF*, and it's a big if, he has a very good game and gets a couple of goals and/or assists, it could pretty much win me my money league.

I'm hoping Chelsea follow Liverpool and drop half their team for tonight. Come on the Cisse!

I'm the only one in the top 3 of my money league who has him, and I have him captained.

*IF*, and it's a big if, he has a very good game and gets a couple of goals and/or assists, it could pretty much win me my money league.

I'm hoping Chelsea follow Liverpool and drop half their team for tonight. Come on the Cisse!

Sorry I meant everyone in my league has him, well everyone above me anyway so as far as making any progress myself Cisse wont help!

BArfa and VDV are who ill be rooting for tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I'm not a fan of this "BArfa" portmanteau - when I read someone has BArfa, I automatically think they have Demba Ba and Ben Arfa, then am unsure if they just mean Ben Arfa. :confused:

Stop it! Stop it immediately! :p

keano_afc wrote: »
    Keep the faith. He scores when he wants. He just fancied hitting the woodwork instead against Wigan.

A goal, 90 minutes and three bonus would be worth 18 points to me so I'd take that now.

Even if he got an assist, it'd go some way towards pulling back some of the points from those who captained Jelly.

I haven't had a bad gameweek but I would love, love it if Cisse scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pissed off with how this gameweek has gone.

I have Kompany and Moses on the bench :mad:

Valanica played a few minutes getting me 1 point.

Stephen Kelly played last night got me 6 points

27 extra points sitting on the bench ffs.

So i am on 41 with Bogdan Simpson Bale and captain Cisse to play later.

Really need things to go well tonight because i have dropped down to 15th in the boards league after last week and this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement