Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaping knee in MMA amateur matches

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I did have something like that and the plan was to make it a regular thing, 3/4 times a year. But around that time the plethora of shows began and to be frank, when a club is committed to putting lads on big shows and you're offering them the chance to fight in a club on a Sunday, you just can't compete.

I would also point out that Jason and Paul were big supporters of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

i wont claim to know much about it, paul would be the man to ask on this,
    big gloves and the refs really know what they are doing with strict rule sets.

Safety is paramount in amateur boxing, the gloves are 10oz the same as pro boxing-gloves in pro are very hard though compared to amateur gloves.

I'd say the Mma spar gloves are the equivalent of 10oz amateur gloves-much of the 10oz is in the wrist back of globe etc, knuckle area would not be much different.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

I did have something like that and the plan was to make it a regular thing, 3/4 times a year. But around that time the plethora of shows began and to be frank, when a club is committed to putting lads on big shows and you're offering them the chance to fight in a club on a Sunday, you just can't compete.

that format and rule set was great , a realistic stepping stone from the mma league/bjj/boxing/kickboxing to fightin at an mma show . the fights were every bit as tough as c class fights (at least the pasting i got was;) ) , a smallish but enthusiastic crowd but the enviornment was great none of the tension in the air thats always there at the night time shows , anyone who looking to have an mma fight that got a fight or two on that type show would be far better off than going straight onto an mma card , pity it didnt pick up a bit more momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I would back fully a separate event for kids with no drink

But I defibately think they should compete

Advertisement