Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

francie81 wrote: »
    That's a joke I mean this should be an exception a player coming on in the last 10 mins when the game is won soo ****ing annoying that as I say I hope the Germans get what they deserve:mad:, I mean thats the same as doing this particular bet in a single and losing it which would be even more frustrating.
    if only the bookies were actually the friendly cuddly folk their ads led you to believe. Hang around and you will have many more issues that defy logic in their t&c.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

francie81 wrote: »
    Gomez & Germany to win @Evens destroyed my nicely ticking accumulator I swear to god that is a ****ing sickner I hope them Germans get what they deserve in the semis raging man here :mad:

so was it settle yet?

which bookie are ya with?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Formation wrote: »
    if i were you i wouldnt let the bookie off that easy.

Im not taking the chance anyway ive done it once to many already and tonight was the final straw with that bloody Greece peno :pac:

I cant really see much left that will win any kinda big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Headshot wrote: »
    so was it settle yet?

which bookie are ya with?

I had it as part of an accum with Boyles so if their was any chance theirs absolutely none with them when it comes to T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Lads, I'm gonna get nearly 400 2mrw if Spain beat france.... had an accum from a while ago (forgive the semi after timing) anyway I'm thinking of sticking a 100 on the draw to guarantee a nice profit (original stake was 50) I just can't see Spain losing....
    what ye reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Shane St. wrote: »
    Lads, I'm gonna get nearly 400 2mrw if Spain beat france.... had an accum from a while ago (forgive the semi after timing) anyway I'm thinking of sticking a 100 on the draw to guarantee a nice profit (original stake was 50) I just can't see Spain losing....
    what ye reckon?

For me, accums always seem to fall apart at the very last hurdle. I would be thinking of some cover too - but Spain should really win. Crazier things have happened in the last few days though!

Seeing as Spain had the easier run to the Qs, and France were at least tested in the knockouts. France might be more ready for a testing game than Spain are - at least in the early period of the game. There could be a small chance of a upset because of that (although I thought the same about Germany today, and that proved wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

what ye reckon?

Open a Betfair account and Lay Spain at 4/5 for about €120. If Spain win you'll get 400-120=280 profit. Betfair will also give you €30 of it back if it's your first bet. If Spain lose you'll make €150 profit on Betfair, minus cost of your accum. Don't take the chance of France getting a poxy goal and holding out. See: Chelsea vs Barcelona

Im not taking the chance anyway ive done it once to many already and tonight was the final straw with that bloody Greece peno :pac:

I cant really see much left that will win any kinda big money.
    that big payday approach is the wrong way to do it. Small consistant profits over the season is the way to go. Look at the effect of compound interest.

what ye reckon?
    about a 15-20% chance you lose e150 imo.

if you are going to lock in a profit you would be better off laying spain on betfair than backing the draw in the bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

if you are going to lock in a profit you would be better off laying spain on betfair than backing the draw in the bookies.

Definitely agree with this. You should be in a no lose situation now. Laying Spain (liability €100 or thereabouts) should guarantee profit, no sweat. In your situation I would mos def do the aforementioned, then have a couple of ew fgs bets, benzema (due a goal) , fabregas etc depending on lineups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

He could always just bet about a 100 on France +1 @evens on PaddyPower

risenbass wrote: »
    He could always just bet about a 100 on France +1 @evens on PaddyPower
    he could but that would be a worse solution than laying spain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭BQQ

Alonso might be taking penos for Spain (Has taken pen for Spain before and regular taker Villa is missing).

16/1 FGS 13/2 AGS

Cabaye to be booked @2/1 first card @14/1. Will be outclassed by Spanish midfield and no stranger to bad tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Spain/England double @ 9/2

€10 pays €55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Spain/England double @ 9/2

€10 pays €55

Who's that with?

VC are 5/6 Spain and 19/10 England => 5.32

5.39 using Betfair lay prices

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

PP enhanced Euro double

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Anyone have any idea what odds St Ledger was to be Ireland’s top scorer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Apartently Spain have never won a competitve game against France
    L5 D1

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Jigga wrote: »

Batistuta put up Dunne @ 25/1 earlier on this thread (link below) so presumably St Leger was probably 28/1 or you might have gotten 33/1 somewhere

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79110318&postcount=386

• Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Will Torres start tonight?

Should do I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Spain & England double 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Will Torres start tonight?

Should do I'd imagine

Yeah, I'm sure he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Going with Spain @ 5/6.

France looked poor against Sweden and that led to problems in the camp after the game. I don't think they're a good team unit and without Mexes their defence looks even more fragile and vulnerable. I know Spain haven't got a good record against France but I think that will change tonight.

Don't think the odds on Spain will shorten much so I'll wait for the line-ups before I bet , but I'm with Spain on this one.

PS. I don't like the PP enhanced double with England , not good value in my opinion... Can't see England winning in 90 mins if they do win at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Putting a cheeky 2e on inesta 1-0 @ 40-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Alou Diarra anytime, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

DB74 wrote: »
    Jigga wrote: »

Batistuta put up Dunne @ 25/1 earlier on this thread (link below) so presumably St Leger was probably 28/1 or you might have gotten 33/1 somewhere

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79110318&postcount=386

I presume all each way bets on the top scorer paid out as everybody other than St Ledger was joint second.

What if someone had backed Given?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Going fairly big for 0:0 at HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I presume all each way bets on the top scorer paid out as everybody other than St Ledger was joint second.

What if someone had backed Given?

I doubt it. I would imagine you would not be paid out unless your player had scored. There is no way bookies would pay out on the whole squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Spain v France

under 2.5 goals 1/2

2nd Half to have more goals 11/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Doocey wrote: »
    Alou Diarra anytime, that is all.

He's on the bench.

Lloris (cap) – Réveillère – Koscielny, Rami, Clichy – Debuchy, Cabaye, Malouda, M’Vila – Benzema, Ribéry

very defensive line up with both Reveillere and Debuchy in the team.

Tiny stake on Benzema first goalscorer @ 9.00

Advertisement