Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2012 Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ireland to beat croatio on paddypower @4/1 13 euro max

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Standout bet for me today is Greece over 2.5 cards with 365 at 4/5. Greece picked up 28 yellows and 1 red in 10 qualifying plus tonights ref is pretty card happy. http://www.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-velasco-carballo/45077/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Card happy alright, the only other international game I can see there he had no cards at all though :)

Worth a punt though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

special in paddy power shop, lewandowski and kershakov to score first tonight 50/1 double, 10/1 anytime double. tenner on both

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

First off a patriotic bet on Ireland to win the tournament at 80/1 - 20e (10 of that is for my Dad! so dont judge it too harshly)

Persnally think this is a wasted bet but can understand it for patriotic reasons. You realise you got the worst possible price though? Most places are 100/1 and realistically I would say we are about 500/1.

But I'm guessing you only have a PP account and aren't too bothered about the extra value...

Along with everyone else here, this is a bet I hope you win!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 firstsport

Enhanced bet from Betfair
    Spain to win Euro 2012
    10/3

max stake €50
    offer between 12 and 2pm

ShaneU wrote: »
    4/1 now

Just got on for €25, crazy price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I went for the following

Poland
    Germany
    Ireland
    France

all to qualify from their groups, put a €5 on it returns a little over €80

I know Ireland are long shots in the greater scheme of things, but @9/2 it was too good to turn down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

roryc wrote: »
    Persnally think this is a wasted bet but can understand it for patriotic reasons. You realise you got the worst possible price though? Most places are 100/1 and realistically I would say we are about 500/1.

But I'm guessing you only have a PP account and aren't too bothered about the extra value...

Along with everyone else here, this is a bet I hope you win!

To be honest if Ireland win the Euros it wont bother me that I could have won an extra 200e if I placed the bet elsewhere. I'd happily settle for my 800e and a hangover!

I'm pretty confident it's a 'wasted bet' though but sure it makes things interesting, I imagine 90% of the bets posted in this thread are going to be 'wasted bets'.

I'm pretty confident that with all the bets Ive placed I could easily break even with small potential for a big win on a few bets I have. I don't consider gambling a viable source of income,entertainment is the name of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

To be honest if Ireland win the Euros it wont bother me that I could have won an extra 200e if I placed the bet elsewhere. I'd happily settle for my 800e and a hangover!

I'm pretty confident it's a 'wasted bet' though but sure it makes things interesting, I imagine 90% of the bets posted in this thread are going to be 'wasted bets'.

I'm pretty confident that with all the bets Ive placed I could easily break even with small potential for a big win on a few bets I have. I don't consider gambling a viable source of income,entertainment is the name of the game!
    :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Went for Poland and Russia wins in my betting log. Reasoning is there.

Outside of that, gonna be a tad more riskier with the first game with much bigger amounts -

Poland Win to Nil @ 15/8
    Under 2.5 double @ Evens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

redarmy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

? :rolleyes: ?? Does that have something to do with a bet you have made on the upcoming football tournament Euro 2012? I think that's what this thread was made for. I was stating I'd be happy if Ireland won Euro 2012 while also stating that I'm happy with my other selections as they may or may not make me money but it doesnt matter because I rely on my job for income and not the uncertainty that is gambling.

Trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Benzema top scorer €25 10/1
    France outright €25 9/1

? :rolleyes: ?? Does that have something to do with a bet you have made on the upcoming football tournament Euro 2012? I think that's what this thread was made for. I was stating I'd be happy if Ireland won Euro 2012 while also stating that I'm happy with my other selections as they may or may not make me money but it doesnt matter because I rely on my job for income and not the uncertainty that is gambling.

Trolling?

I think it was based around the whole "90% of the bets on this thread are wasted bets" line. When a lot of the odds quoted are short prices you can understand how ridiculous this statement is!

Anyway like you say most people here are betting for fun, especially on the euros. Most people will break even, or win/lose a little.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Went for Poland and Russia wins in my betting log. Reasoning is there.

I've gone with this earlier, only bet for the day.

Best price on VC, £10 returns £51.25. Will make these games slightly more bearable. Although I am watching the games in the sun so can't complain!

What is bothering me is that I'm starting to get shut out of all my accounts due to new Spanish gaming regulations, despite being in Gibraltar :mad:

Stan James and Betfred accounts already shut, Im guessing the rest will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

just going to ease myself into the games........so a couple of doubles for small stakes to see how things pan out.

Poland
    Russia
    BTS @ 2.6/1

Poland
    Russia
    under 2.5 double @ 2.00

Good Luck Everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

ft9 wrote: »
    Benzema top scorer €25 10/1
    France outright €25 9/1

Ah boll0x. Was looking at these at 2am this morning and they were 12/1 and 10/1.

France/Benzema double was 33/1 and now it's 22/1. Christ some money must have gone on them in the last few hours.

Still gonna go with them though, as singles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/facebook-enhanced-specials/enhanced-euro-2012-specials-3?ev_oc_grp_ids=704250

czechs to beat russia are 5/1 .. stuck a fiver on for some interest! probably going to go pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

Poland v Greece - Ht/Ft Correct Score - Draw 1-1 - Draw 1-1 @ 40/1. Total stake €5.00. Estimated return €205.00

and

Poland v Greece - Ht/Ft Correct Score - Draw 1-1 - Draw 2-2 @ 125/1. Total stake €5.00. Estimated return €630.00

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

20 on the first goal after 27mins in the Poland match @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

My bets:
    €5 Poland v Greece
    Handicap Draw (-1.0) @ 12/5

€5 Russia -1.0 @ 9/2
    Russia v Czech Republic

€5 France, Spain, Germany, Russia, France to win their groups @ 20/1

€10 Spain to beat Italy and Germany to beat Portugal @ 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭patmac

Poland 1-0 vs Greece 9/2 with PP, money back if score draw.
    Russia 2-1 9/1 and 2-0 10/1 with PP money back if Czechs win

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Gone for Lewandowski fgs.

Stuck on a fiver @ 9/2.

My bets at the min:

08/06/2012 Single To Win France @ 9/1 €25.00
    08/06/2012 Single To Win K Benzema (France) @ 10/1 €25.00
    08/06/2012 Single To Win R Lewandowski to score in 90 minutes and Poland to win the match @ 13/5 Wincast €10.00

08/06/2012 Treble To Win Greece @ 1/2
    Not to Qualify From Group
    Group A Not to Qualify Pending €10.00
    Italy @ 11/10
    Group C Not to Qualify Pending
    England @ 5/4
    Group D Not to Qualify Pending

07/06/2012 Accumulator (4) To Win France @ 6/4
    Group Betting
    Group D Winner Pending €20.00
    Spain @ 8/15
    Group Betting
    Group C Winner Pending
    Germany @ 11/10
    Group Betting
    Group B Winner Pending
    Russia @ 11/8
    Group Betting
    Group A Winner Pending

16/03/2012 Treble To Win Spain @ 5/2
    Outright Betting
    Euro 2012 - Outright Betting Pending €19.57
    Janesboro @ 8/13
    Outright Betting
    Munster Junior Cup Win
    Chelsea @ 8/15
    To Finish Outside the Top 4 Win

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

Just for anyone thinking of backing Denmark with a few quid; they are 80/1 in paddy powers "outright betting" but 90/1 in the "stage of elimination" to be winners. I've put a fiver on them, just for the sake of having a team other than Ireland to support!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

can anyone tell me where or link me to top goalscorers for each team in the euros?

• Advertisement

alfalion wrote: »
    can anyone tell me where or link me to top goalscorers for each team in the euros?

http://www.paddypower.com/football/international-football/euro-2012-betting?ev_oc_grp_ids=282239

Advertisement