Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allegation McGuinness ordered RUC assassinations

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Happyman42 wrote: »
    And it's extraordinary to see how many 'Irish' people will reject that this was daily life for their fellow citizens in NI. Denial is a cursed thing.

It's willful blindness out of guilt.

It affected many people, take our current president Michael D Higgins for example, very vocal on issues like apartheid and Palestine, but more quiet on the things going on in Ireland.

And he was one of the good ones, a decent, empathic, caring man. (I like him)

There are a lot of better examples of the the of carry on I mention, but he is the highest profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

You've taken a swerve away from your former nationalist viewpoint K-9 since you became a mod!

You used to be cool! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Border-Rat wrote: »
    Care to back up this allegation?

Apologies, thought it was you.
    When have I done this?

Just a general comment.

You deemed the 'cause' unjust. Now you're backtracking.

If not seeing things in black and white is back tracking, so be it.

Typically, anyone from Ireland who supports the Downing St viewpoint re: The Troubles is a Unionist. So no, it appears you don't get the concept. Kudos on making it this far without ambiguous infractions though.

I don't think you get me. Many people use the phrase about freedom fighters and terrorists as a general comment, that is a general comment against it. Ambiguous infractions?
    You've just backtracked on the Bogside.

Nope, the Bogside wasn't just about a United Ireland, plenty of other people involved. There's a big difference between the Bogside and Enniskillen

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Says he that dragged it off topic in the first place. :rolleyes: But sure if the issue has to be avoided.....

You made comments about your political idols, I just pointed out they are politicians. I didn't realise how much of a politicial pop idols you hold them up as.

Absolutely not....I don't trust his testimony or anybody from British Intelligence. That's the price you pay for messing with the truth on previous occaisions.

And McGuinness never told a lie in his life.
    You've taken a swerve away from your former nationalist viewpoint K-9 since you became a mod!

You used to be cool!

Should have known not to get dragged into a Take that like fanboy debate! :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement