Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Storm 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

The bike was a little wobbly on the cycle home. Horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

The contrast between yesterday and today is astonishing, what an awkwad juxtaposition

We had our week of summer particularly early this year, so batten down the hatches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ziggy23 wrote: »
    A pot plant was knocked over in my garden:(

did you call the fire brigade and civil defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

And Joe Duffy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ms M. Nature is up before an emergency sitting of the district court in the morning charged with random and unprovoked assault on a defenceless plant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Right I am venturing out, I am doing this for the greater good of the Irish drinking culture.

So

"I am going outside I may be some time"

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Just to set all your minds at ease (and I know you were wondering) there's a bit of a breeze in Mayo, and it's slightly damp, but no more so than usual. We will survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Right I am venturing out, I am doing this for the greater good of the Irish drinking culture.

So

FYN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I remember hurricane Charlie when it was forecast a day before and I got up on the roof and took the tv ariel down and that was a storm forsure, lucky i did as everyone elses ariels broke and damaged cars and damaged their own houses. ahhhh what a day that was, amazing storm but all the storms we get now are weaklings so now they are saying climate change but i think most people forget what it was like many years ago compared to now and are not understanding what a real storm is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

zenno wrote: »
    I remember hurricane Charlie when it was forecast a day before and I got up on the roof and took the tv ariel down and that was a storm forsure, lucky i did as everyone elses ariels broke and damaged cars and damaged their own houses. ahhhh what a day that was, amazing storm but all the storms we get now are weaklings so now they are saying climate change but i think most people forget what it was like many years ago compared to now and are not understanding what a real storm is.

Enough of that chat or we'll send Jean Byrne around in her leathers!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

all quiet here in arklah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

all quiet here in arklah
    Thats the drizzle keeping all the skangers indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

44leto wrote: »

So

There goes a very valient gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭volvoman480

Slightly windy and a touch damp here in west Cork. Calmer than normal to be honest.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Enough of that chat or we'll send Jean Byrne around in her leathers!:D

ummm... strong woman she has panache i suppose. send her on in Happyman let's not waste anymore time on the weather situation. A bit of karaoke going on here now cha cha cha and also the rain makes it more appetising to the rythm of the rain and wind oh yeah let the party begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's grand here now

not even one of my enemies was clonked by a flying roof-slate :mad:

Just watch out on may 9th/10th it will be a nice storm compared to this sad case of an airfart.

ummm... strong woman she has panache i suppose. send her on in Happyman let's not waste anymore time on the weather situation. A bit of karaoke going on here now cha cha cha and also the rain makes it more appetising to the rythm of the rain and wind oh yeah let the party begin.

Karaoke!! Fcuking awesome. Can I come over??? I've got a massive disco ball and some fantastic karaoke cds. ABBA, Grease, Little Shop Of Horrors (can't find it right now) and a few more besides.. Should I bring a case of beer??? Food?? Can I invite a few friends around with me?? I'm overstepping it now, aren't I. I always do this, I get sooooo carried away and excited by karaoke. People always end up telling me to shut up about it but I just go on and on and on and on, I think it's a nervous thing really, you know, like some kind of nervous tick that I just have to keep talking and never just know when to stop. No wonder no one ever invites me anywhere, I usually end up inviting myself along to social occasions and stand around awkwardly until someone politely asks "How are you?" or something like that and then I'm off, in no time at all I'm talking about karaoke and how many competitions I've won and the times that I was cheated out of deserved victories. No one seems to understand the cut and thrust world of semi professional karaoke. It's a dog eat dog world of bitter personal rivalries and jealousy.

Aaaaanyway, did I mention I have a big disco ball and some great cds?????

Karaoke!! Fcuking awesome. Can I come over??? I've got a massive disco ball and some fantastic karaoke cds. ABBA, Grease, Little Shop Of Horrors (can't find it right now) and a few more besides.. Should I bring a case of beer??? Food?? Can I invite a few friends around with me?? I'm overstepping it now, aren't I. I always do this, I get sooooo carried away and excited by karaoke. People always end up telling me to shut up about it but I just go on and on and on and on, I think it's a nervous thing really, you know, like some kind of nervous tick that I just have to keep talking and never just know when to stop. No wonder no one ever invites me anywhere, I usually end up inviting myself along to social occasions and stand around awkwardly until someone politely asks "How are you?" or something like that and then I'm off, in no time at all I'm talking about karaoke and how many competitions I've won and the times that I was cheated out of deserved victories. No one seems to understand the cut and thrust world of semi professional karaoke. It's a dog eat dog world of bitter personal rivalries and jealousy.

Aaaaanyway, did I mention I have a big disco ball and some great cds?????

Sorry kid I forgot to explain that everyone here is 89 to 98 years of age and i am trying to get them into doing the karaoke for some short exercise and beer is only allowed for me and no visitors can bring any unfortunately. sorry about that but i'm having a new younger class of karaoke next friday with ages from 69 to 77 and you are welcome along if you like as i'm sure all the dancers here will be way into your successes and don't forget to bring the family along as well and the wife/girlfriend as it's pumping dancing here ohh yeahhh. best wishes...the glitterman. oh yeah. No matter the weather, the glitterman will make it happen.

Sorry kid I forgot to explain that everyone here is 89 to 98 years of age and i am trying to get them into doing the karaoke for some short exercise and beer is only allowed for me and no visitors can bring any unfortunately. sorry about that but i'm having a new younger class of karaoke next friday with ages from 69 to 77 and you are welcome along if you like as i'm sure all the dancers here will be way into your successes and don't forget to bring the family along as well and the wife/girlfriend as it's pumping dancing here ohh yeahhh. best wishes...the glitterman. oh yeah.

I understand.. I tried too hard, didn't I??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Serves me right for thinking I could own a Gazebo in this country I suppose...

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/534035_10150723178172426_726547425_9822262_1326534142_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

big storm me arse :rolleyes: its windy and there is water falling woooooooooo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

IM0 wrote: »
    big storm me arse :rolleyes: its windy and there is water falling woooooooooo :rolleyes:

Yeah, but your location indicates otherwise... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

well when i came in from the gym the rain wasn't much to shout about but the gale's still blowing good. sea is still batterin the rocks something fierce - my whole house stinks like seaweed cos a window got left open :( and it is bitter cold down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

none of it really happened then did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

toexpress wrote: »
    none of it really happened then did it?

Oh that's what it wants you to think....you'll be all comfortable thinking oh it's such a nice day,and then BAM! it'll take everyone you care about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_H7CY0W2Ac5o/SvlyhSWXaSI/AAAAAAAAA00/kpcS663nyg8/s400/chair.JPG

^^^ The damage from storm 2012.

*Warning: Pictures may be distressing for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This has been a complete disappointment for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Oh that's what it wants you to think....you'll be all comfortable thinking oh it's such a nice day,and then BAM! it'll take everyone you care about

There's just the dog and we are both happy enough here in the office it has to be said (I'd be happier if he'd stop hogging the fan heater but it's really not worth the agruement)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

Meself and toto are off on the yellow brickroad... Storm blew me right out of wexford! Second time in the week too.

Advertisement