Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Transplant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mick DS

Hey Frank,

Im in Rathgar too. If you had the time I'd really appreciate at quick meet up to see how it all went. Ive had my head wrecked on this for a few years now and really need to make the plunge.

Thanks,
    Mick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 StellaBoost

hi Mick,
    If you wanna go for a quick coffee in Starbucks, no problem. Just send me a private message here on boards and we can arrange a time.

Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Murfo498

Would love to get some more information on this if possible please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Philyg30

Hi man can u send me some before and after pics, would love too see how well it worked as I'm currently balding at the front it's happening gradually the past 2-3years but it's really thinning now .ive only been to MHR clinic beside the mater hospital for a consultation it was last year I had the consultation and she rings me almost every month to get
    Me in for surgery. I was getting 1750 grafts for 3200 seems like a good price but how trustworthy are they.. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wyvern29

Hi,

I had a hair transplant with Dr Andre Nel in Malahide last January. I would highly reccomend him ahead of anywhere else. His price is very reasonable and he does both FUE and FUT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Nelh

Hi wyvern.. I am looking into getting a hair transplant, How many grafts did you get? Can I ask how much per graft does dr Nel charge per fue graft?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Padraig1888

Philyg30 wrote: »
    Hi man can u send me some before and after pics, would love too see how well it worked as I'm currently balding at the front it's happening gradually the past 2-3years but it's really thinning now .ive only been to MHR clinic beside the mater hospital for a consultation it was last year I had the consultation and she rings me almost every month to get
    Me in for surgery. I was getting 1750 grafts for 3200 seems like a good price but how trustworthy are they.. Cheers

Jeez she quoted me €6800. Not happy with that she's quoting far less to you. You can do it on installments with them too if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Padraig1888

Wyvern29 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a hair transplant with Dr Andre Nel in Malahide last January. I would highly reccomend him ahead of anywhere else. His price is very reasonable and he does both FUE and FUT.

How much was he for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nelh

Padraig1888... I think Mhr clinic quote is per hair transplanted and not per graft transplanted. So the chances are when they quoted €3,200 for 1750.. I'd say it was hairs and that would probably be around 800 grafts.. so I'm guessing it works out at around €4 per graft! I have not gone to see Dr Nel but I have done some research on him and he seems really good and his price would be around the same as Mhr clinic I think. I would check Dr Nel out.. also another Dr in malahide is very good.. Dr van eeden and he does free consultations.. if you go to him first and he will give you a good idea on how many grafts you need and a treatment program etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lojanus

I can only agree with costs going crazy in Ireland regarding medical services. It was strange to hear how they approach patients at Blackrock - I have never heard anything like that before. Now, as they are facing fierce compatition from countries like Poland, Hungary or Turkey they might have a different attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Wyvern29

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smithj

Hello Friends, I got my Hair Transplant from Medispa Hair Transplant Center before six months back. I got really amazing results, I got my dream Density.Now I m very thank full to Dr.Suneet Soni and his team at Medispa Hair Transplant center. 
    Before I have many doubts about Hair Transplant procedures, its costs, its results. But few month back my friends Anuj suggest me a hair transplant center name but I m not serious at that time for Hair transplantation for me. After some time I saw my hair lines get deeper and hair density also lost because of Hair Fall. Then I went that Hair Transplant Center which is suggested by my friend Anuj.Thaer I saw a professional atmosphere the doctor and team work amazingly. All staff was very famillier and very much take care about their petients.Than I met a doctor there Dr.Suneet soni.In a first meeting he behave like my family friend like I was not his patient he discuss all problem regarding my hair and all major and minor tings analyzed. Than suggest me for Hair Transplant. After that meeting I heartily thanks to my friend Anuj for recommend me Medispa Hair Transplant center and Dr.Suneet Soni. Now after surgery I got natural and best results. So that’s why I agreed with this video. All words are true which this gentle man share on video

• Registered Users Posts: 23 azMark09

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

(ill copy a bit from another thread i posted on here as this is where i was 5 months ago... wondering, will i, wont i)
    simple answer is Do it... there is a long waiting list.
    I message the guy above in blackrock but he never got back to me back in August 2017,
    pulled the trigger on going for a consultation in August, did it in September its now 3 months later.
    i had already decided never to go to a hospital or have anything to do with any professional in this country again if it can be avoided.
    went to Dr Saifi Wroclaw Poland
    wroclaw is one of the nicest cities in the world,for that alone if u havent been, it's worth going.
    you'll go over for a consultation first, i would spend a week there easily, if not 2 weekends an drag over a few ppl and enjoy the cheap beers.
    i found a nice cheap old town apartments right at the main square. look up leoapart old town apartments
    i went to the art hotel across from it., beautiful but it wasnt cheap .
    he's professional and very very good,
    his portfolio of patents is very impressive
    on one of them he did a guy who was almost completly bald,
    they took all of his adams apple neck hair, his chest hair and thinned half of his beard (must of cost alot).
    im only 3 months in but it looks very promising.
    The nurses where exausted (hard working are the polish)
    you have zero to fear, his bank account is in baggot st.
    i got 2000 done, he wasnt going to do anything at the front but they had plenty left over and he said that he didnt destroy any taking them out he'd normally get 2-5% destroyed, 7% is the norm and machines are alot worse. and he also took out 10% extra as that can happen so 2200 went back in. he let the nurses go home and spent another hour thickening up the front, they went at it 10 am to after 6 . like their lives depeneded on it,
    summary , i dont think id have gotten that treatment here.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭niall5098

how much did this doctor cost overall?
    s10 wrote: »
    (ill copy a bit from another thread i posted on here as this is where i was 5 months ago... wondering, will i, wont i)
    simple answer is Do it... there is a long waiting list.
    I message the guy above in blackrock but he never got back to me back in August 2017,
    pulled the trigger on going for a consultation in August, did it in September its now 3 months later.
    i had already decided never to go to a hospital or have anything to do with any professional in this country again if it can be avoided.
    went to Dr Saifi Wroclaw Poland
    wroclaw is one of the nicest cities in the world,for that alone if u havent been, it's worth going.
    you'll go over for a consultation first, i would spend a week there easily, if not 2 weekends an drag over a few ppl and enjoy the cheap beers.
    i found a nice cheap old town apartments right at the main square. look up leoapart old town apartments
    i went to the art hotel across from it., beautiful but it wasnt cheap .
    he's professional and very very good,
    his portfolio of patents is very impressive
    on one of them he did a guy who was almost completly bald,
    they took all of his adams apple neck hair, his chest hair and thinned half of his beard (must of cost alot).
    im only 3 months in but it looks very promising.
    The nurses where exausted (hard working are the polish)
    you have zero to fear, his bank account is in baggot st.
    i got 2000 done, he wasnt going to do anything at the front but they had plenty left over and he said that he didnt destroy any taking them out he'd normally get 2-5% destroyed, 7% is the norm and machines are alot worse. and he also took out 10% extra as that can happen so 2200 went back in. he let the nurses go home and spent another hour thickening up the front, they went at it 10 am to after 6 . like their lives depeneded on it,
    summary , i dont think id have gotten that treatment here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 edugiansante

I've been taking finasteride (1gr/daily) for over 5 years and had ZERO problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Patient11

I've been taking finasteride (1gr/daily) for over 5 years and had ZERO problems with it.

For many people the side effects only start when they stop the drug.

http://medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArticles/March2016/PostFinasterideSyndrome.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Drew90

Hi All

Hoping to gain some information on Hair Transplants in Dublin and wondering if anyone has had any experience with Dr Nel in Therapie Hair Restoration in Malahide?

I would say I am 3 Vertex on the Scale and am under 30 years old using Regain the past couple of years to no noticeable effect and too frightened to try P

@Wyvern29 - would you still stand by your review and have the results remained intact? Did you have to take any medication prior to or post HT

Thanks !!

azMark09 wrote: »
    I recently got quoted €2,500 for 1,300 hairs from one of the big name transplant providers.

Was this In Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tattoomike

Drew90 wrote: »
    Hi All

Hoping to gain some information on Hair Transplants in Dublin and wondering if anyone has had any experience with Dr Nel in Therapie Hair Restoration in Malahide?

I would say I am 3 Vertex on the Scale and am under 30 years old using Regain the past couple of years to no noticeable effect and too frightened to try P

@Wyvern29 - would you still stand by your review and have the results remained intact? Did you have to take any medication prior to or post HT

Thanks !!

Hi Drew.

I got a hair transplant done by Dr. Andre Nel last week 1850 grafts.

I was around a NW2 at most just template areas receding since I was around 23.

I am 29 and have been on Proscar for 9 months prior to the surgery.

Dr. Nel's work is amazing and I cant believe how my hairline looks and now, it has only been a week but looking at the natural shape to it now I just cant wait to see what it is like in 7-9 months time.

I would highly recommend Dr. Andre Nel and I got a really good price for 1850 grafts for FUE without shaving the recipient area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 blobbybag

tattoomike wrote: »
    Hi Drew.

Dr. Nel's work is amazing and I cant believe how my hairline looks and now, it has only been a week but looking at the natural shape to it now I just cant wait to see what it is like in 7-9 months time.

I would highly recommend Dr. Andre Nel and I got a really good price for 1850 grafts for FUE without shaving the recipient area.

What price did you pay?

tattoomike wrote: »
    Hi Drew.

Hi,

How have the past 7 months or so been for you since your transplant.

Can I ask how long you took proscar prior to surgery and if you must continue to take it for the years to come?

Have you noticed any side effects from the drug.

Any information you can provide would be great.

It seems Therapie Hair Restoration no longer exists, so I am now considering a consultation in HRBR as since last post my crown has thinned even further and Regaine does not seem to salavage any hair

Thanks

Hi,

Can I ask if you took or still take Finasteride to help keep hair intact.

Have all of the transplanted hairs remained intact.

Would you still stand over your review of having a hair transplant

Thanks

Hi All

Thanks !!

Any information anyone can provide me is greatly appreciated. Especially those who have already met with Dr Nel and had their transplant-l. I’d love to hear about your views now since surgery and costs as well as if you take finasteride

Can you give us an update on your transplanted hair now? Has the hair lasted, are you taking any medication to help keep it intact etc etc

Thank you I

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emerald99

Any information anyone can provide me is greatly appreciated. Especially those who have already met with Dr Nel and had their transplant-l. I’d love to hear about your views now since surgery and costs as well as if you take finasteride

Hi Drew90,

I had an FUE procedure with Dr Nel a while back. In my experience, Dr Nel is a complete gentleman and I cannot overstate the professionalism of him and his team. For something I was very nervous about, I could not believe how smooth everything was. I am delighted with my results so far. If you want any more information please feel free to DM me and I will answer any questions as best I can based on my exp.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aaronelon3001

Hi guys

I see people in this thread are familiar with MHR Clinic. Has anyone got any info on MHR Clinic in Dublin. Im heading in for a HT on the 27th of Oct. Very poor online presence except for a few reviews one or two sites. Would like to speak to someone whom has actually had a procedure there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aaronelon3001

Hi guys

Booked in for a HT in MHR Hair Clinic on the 27th. Very nervous about it. Im getting 3500 hairs for €3500. No deposit paid but im having second thoughts. There is very little reviews anywhere bar "trust pilot" and even those are years old. Ive been emailing them requesting info about the procedure and there really taking there time getting back to me. If anyone whose had or knows anyone thats had any experiences with them reach out to me.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Hi guys

Booked in for a HT in MHR Hair Clinic on the 27th. Very nervous about it. Im getting 3500 hairs for €3500. No deposit paid but im having second thoughts. There is very little reviews anywhere bar "trust pilot" and even those are years old. Ive been emailing them requesting info about the procedure and there really taking there time getting back to me. If anyone whose had or knows anyone thats had any experiences with them reach out to me.

Cheers

Thats very cheap thats like a euro a graft. I afraid ive had no dealings with them. I went to Dr Saifi in Poland for mine 2000 grafts for about €5000. I do need a second hit (must people do) All I can tell you it was a total painless procedure. Just a bit uncomfortable that night. If you want my advice I'd call out to them. Nothing to lose.

Advertisement