Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Battlefield

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Zico-PES wrote: »
    Ha ha, deer in the headlights springs to mind.

yeah if the car suddenly appeared behind you and stabs you in the back.

or c4s you

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Hi all,
    Just bought BF3 this week. This game is massive, the learnig curve is steep. Its daunting. Took me 2 games to get a kill :eek:
    Just played Conquest so far, did ok on some of the smaller maps but got lost on the big ones. Find it hard to see the enemy, they always spot me first.
    Any useful tips greatly appreciated.

What platform are you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

What platform are you playing on?

Playing on XBOX. Had a bit more sucess last night in my second game, first one was a disaster. I seem to have developed a habit of accidently pressing the right stick down when I fire at the enemy which causes me to knife at thin air and then get shot. :rolleyes:

hah i have the same kinda issue on PC with my mouse, have two buttons under my thumb. one is knife and other is grenade.

the amount of times i've crept up on someone and gone to stab and thrown a grenade at their feet instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

danniemcq wrote: »
    the amount of times i've crept up on someone and gone to stab and thrown a grenade at their feet instead.
    That's what they all say... :p

• Advertisement

Decryptor wrote: »
    That's what they all say... :p

hey if i was gonna make up an excuse do you not think i woulda thought of something better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

danniemcq wrote: »
    yeah if the car suddenly appeared behind you and stabs you in the back.

or c4s you

ya watch out for a guy called runningshovel aka jack the ripper , you could have an M60 LMG and he'll charge you with a knife :rolleyes::D Lunatic guaranteed to be knifed at least twice by him in a round , and i say that as a fairly experienced player whos well used to that langer :p

as said get on Teamspeak and in regular servers with the same players and you will learn from them , expect to die a LOT at the start ,

this is my first online FPS game and it was a real shock to the system compared to going against the computer , but i got better and so will you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

ya watch out for a guy called runningshovel aka jack the ripper , you could have an M60 LMG and he'll charge you with a knife :rolleyes::D Lunatic guaranteed to be knifed at least twice by him in a round , and i say that as a fairly experienced player whos well used to that langer :p

as said get on Teamspeak and in regular servers with the same players and you will learn from them , expect to die a LOT at the start ,

this is my first online FPS game and it was a real shock to the system compared to going against the computer , but i got better and so will you

Has anyone witnessed this? Cause I sure as hell haven't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

quiet you C4 noob you :p

you didnt know me in the early days when it really was that bad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Practice, that shouldnt be a problem :)
    I'll have to dedicate some full evenings to this, I suppose you cant really dip in and out like other FPS. Could really do with a red dot sight.

Make sure you play with a mic, in a squad that all have mics.

4 linked up people will cause a lot of damage and you'll pick up on a lot of the stuff they do.

At first you'll get slaughtered, then one on one's become 50/50 scenarios, then you'll start winning two on one situations and start to get a real buzz from it all.

• Advertisement

Make sure you play with a mic, in a squad that all have mics.

4 linked up people will cause a lot of damage and you'll pick up on a lot of the stuff they do.

At first you'll get slaughtered, then one on one's become 50/50 scenarios, then you'll start winning two on one situations and start to get a real buzz from it all.

No doing so well on the one on ones, there seems to be a more realistic recoil on the guns in BF3, i'm trying to use bursts of fire lately and that has improved my success rate. Got my first dog tags last night ;)

Do you guys know if its possible to play on an empty server just so I could practice in the chopper and jet? Went to join one last night but it said I needed an update so I didnt get a chance to go back and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Do you guys know if its possible to play on an empty server just so I could practice in the chopper and jet? Went to join one last night but it said I needed an update so I didnt get a chance to go back and check.
    If you're on PC, use the Craggy Island fly server: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/d76f89b0-7e17-46f6-b334-edbc7cd3ede7/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

You can use the server browser to look for empty servers where you can mess around before the game starts. You could practice flying there.

Alternatively, the second Co-Op mission gives you the opportunity to fly an Attack Helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Can anyone recommend a decent server for the XBOX 360 where players use mics and squad up?

Decryptor wrote: »

Thanks but i'm on Xbox.

Advertisement