Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft Time

Options
  • 23-04-2012 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭

Please post your availability in the doodle poll.

Draft Time Poll

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It only goes to Thursday Raoul !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is that not ok? Every other year we seemed to get feck all for the weekend so thought just go to weekdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yes. I assume this is for next week. I think we should have an option for Monday at 10pm. United City is on and I know the majority will want to watch it so would probably be around after for the draft. And I'm away Tuesday-Thursday too :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    Is that not ok? Every other year we seemed to get feck all for the weekend so thought just go to weekdays.

But the SB may not be done by then.
    Presuming the conference games get done tonight, the SB should be scheduled asap and once we know the date we can choose dates for the draft

Sorry Raoul, just to clarify, you have this weeks dates on it not next weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yes. I assume this is for next week. I think we should have an option for Monday at 10pm. United City is on and I know the majority will want to watch it so would probably be around after for the draft. And I'm away Tuesday-Thursday too :pac:

thats a great idea actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

But the SB may not be done by then.
    Presuming the conference games get done tonight, the SB should be scheduled asap and once we know the date we can choose dates for the draft

Sorry Raoul, just to clarify, you have this weeks dates on it not next weeks

Superbowl should be done this week. And if it isn't we will just take the day with the most votes after it.

Great idea about after the United - City game.

I think the 10pm would be great. A normal draft won't take too long and will be finished in the hour.

Yep agreed 10 is best, I'll be going for pints for it id say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Just thinking there...I never get to play the jets/green bay/lions and how great that is because they'd give me a big whupping.... *checks schedule*.....Oh crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

People will need time to check the progressions/retirements and trade accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭nerd69

madalig12 wrote: »
    Just thinking there...I never get to play the jets/green bay/lions and how great that is because they'd give me a big whupping.... *checks schedule*.....Oh crap!

can you check next seasons schedual if so where?

also is there a way to see what players are going to be available in the upcoming draft

nerd69 wrote: »
    can you check next seasons schedual if so where?

also is there a way to see what players are going to be available in the upcoming draft

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcs.htm
    Not the schedule just who you'll play

what year are we in

what year are we in

Actually good point... I was just presuming that it was 2012 as we had done 2 seasons but happy to be clarified if anyone knows!

It's 2012. Because a bug in the game meant we did 2011 twice. It is fixed for next season.

what about seeing the rookies in the upcoming draft ali g was saying theres a way or do we have to wait till after the sb

slightly off topic lads.
    But to put it simply is it the more a rookie plays the bigger his advancement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

slightly off topic lads.
    But to put it simply is it the more a rookie plays the bigger his advancement?
    My experience is that there is no rhyme or reason to any improvement. I have had rookies sit out the whole season and improve well, others start and improve little or nothing at all.

I would love to know what determines advancement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I have a bit of a problem. I'll be away Monday and I have a couple draft picks to give to others. I have the Titans second rounder but traded mine to the Rams, so would the Rams just take the Titans one to simplify that trade? Is there any way I can set a draft board beforehand so it can autodraft who the Rams/Lions want me to take? I'll be gone Saturday and Sunday too.

matthew8 wrote: »
    I have a bit of a problem. I'll be away Monday and I have a couple draft picks to give to others. I have the Titans second rounder but traded mine to the Rams, so would the Rams just take the Titans one to simplify that trade? Is there any way I can set a draft board beforehand so it can autodraft who the Rams/Lions want me to take? I'll be gone Saturday and Sunday too.

Probably not, my draft pick is after yours, so the rams may lose out on a player they want if they use mine...

The perils of draft pick trading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Give him your Ea login and password and let him do the draft for you,,, Were all friends here..... wait you are the raiders, you guys dont need "friends"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can you draft via league manager? You could give the person your login for that........if you trust them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I had done something similar in another franchise before I left.
    For draft picks you got from someone else, you can set your draft board and send it to someone, or give him an idea of what you're looking for. Guys are pretty decent about these things.
    For draft picks you've traded, I gave the guy my username and password to the EA site, as you can draft on that at same time as we're on XBL. Worked out for him anyway

on myleaguemanager you can trade draft picks

Give him your Ea login and password and let him do the draft for you,,, Were all friends here..... wait you are the raiders, you guys dont need "friends"

I don't have my EA login. Set it years ago, never needed it, don't even know the email adress. Right now I'm in a position that I can get someone else to do the picks, I'd rather not because I don't think it's fair on them, or I can reverse the trades. Or we draft Tuesday but this Monday night draft thing seems to have taken off.

Right now it doesn't look good for the idea of actually drafting. So what could happen is I let the CPU draft, see if the Rams/Lions are happy with the picks, if not we reverse our trades.

The only issue are the picks you've traded to other people.
    The picks you've others have traded to you arent so much of an issue.

Once we get the rookie list, just send each person who you've gotten picks from say 5/10 players who you want.

If they arent available then it's normally something like
    The best players at the following positions.

DT
    FS
    LT etc in that order.

Its more there as a reminder of what you've traded away. It doesnt actually stack up your picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Its more there as a reminder of what you've traded away. It doesnt actually stack up your picks.
    I have both raiders 1+2 picks is there a way he can set who he(I) want in advance and it drafts the top choice left?

The only issue are the picks you've traded to other people.
    The picks you've others have traded to you arent so much of an issue.

Once we get the rookie list, just send each person who you've gotten picks from say 5/10 players who you want.

If they arent available then it's normally something like
    The best players at the following positions.

DT
    FS
    LT etc in that order.

And I have a fair few picks I've traded to others.

• Advertisement

And I have a fair few picks I've traded to others.

They are an issue but imo less of an issue than people depending on you to make 1st and 2nd round picks.

Advertisement