Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IDFPA/GPC/IPO Rules Discussion

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Da Za wrote: »
    You've obviously never come across the term!

Given the context, it was implied that you meant financially.
    I'll sink you next time i see you

You wouldn't sink a squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Paudee wrote: »
    Given the context, it was implied that you meant financially.

You wouldn't sink a squat.

In retrospect, this is true.......no need for me to state the obvious!

Bitches be bitchin!!

I'm going to be the bigger person here and let that slide somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Skull

Cheers for that...If you take a years break and lift in say IPO's are you ok to then rejoin the WDFPF?

Yes, but you have to commit to the WDFPF affilliate for the year on rejoining and not lift in any untested federations. If you do you wont be given membership to the WDFPF affilliate again.
    But as soon as the membership runs out you can lift with who you like again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Skull wrote: »
    Yes, but you have to commit to the WDFPF affilliate for the year on rejoining and not lift in any untested federations. If you do you wont be given membership to the WDFPF affilliate again.

Are they still liable for out of comp testing during any hiatus?

Skull wrote: »

Do you have to become a member to lift in a single lift meet say? Now I know you can't set records or anything. Or is it if you're already a member of an untested fed, it's a no go?

Paudee wrote: »
    Are they still liable for out of comp testing during any hiatus?

No they aren't as they wouldn't be members of any WDFPF affiliate and not governed by their rules.

Do you have to become a member to lift in a single lift meet say? Now I know you can't set records or anything. Or is it if you're already a member of an untested fed, it's a no go?

Its a no go and I think you have to be a member for 3 months before setting any records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

I have to say, GPC info is thin on the ground. Can anyone enter nationals?

J-Fit wrote: »

Yeah anyone can enter, generally you should have your entry in before the day but most times can enter day of.

The GPC fb page is pretty good for all your info required.

The nationals are on 2 weekends this year afaik, seniors on the 23rd June- equipped, 24th June-Raw. Think junior and maybe masters nationals are the week before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

J-Fit wrote: »

Facebook is the way to go for finding up to date info about competitions.

Also, anytime I emailed an enquiry I got a pretty prompt reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭COH

Absolutely agree on this, with wrapping technique I know Ano (metal) would wrap his knees in such a way that he would ensure that the levels would be directly behind his knee, so it would be very thick in that area.

I think that's just because of his wide stance, if he were to squat raw I imagine he'd wrap them the same.

Advertisement