Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If boxing was banned and...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

He used a massive sample size didn't he? I think they're on a par. Global superstars who dominated their respective sports and are also well known for their extra curricular antics.

how many people have you asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

keane=cock wrote: »
    how many people have you asked?

I asked 2. The missus and her cousin. Both thought Tiger was more famous especially in this day and age. 2 people means nothing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

(This is the most hilariously bad social science methodology I've ever seen)

I asked my girlfriend to name a golfer. She said Tiger almost instantly, couldn't name another other than "Padraig ... something".

I then asked her to name a boxer, she instantly said Mohammad Ali, and said there was another on the tip of her tongue but she couldn't remember his name.

After some clues from me (trouble with the law, biting incident in the ring, facial tattoos) she eventual (2-3 minutes) said "Tyson" but couldn't remember his first name.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

I just asked two of my students, a Nepalese man and a Malaysian woman, they both knew each of them instantly, but they both think that Tiger is more famous.

When I have more students tomorrow I'll ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

(This is the most hilariously bad social science methodology I've ever seen)

Amen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Well the sarcasm was aimed at how he came about his decision rather than the decision itself.

My roomate know who Tyson is but she doesn't know any golfers. That make it 2 nill to tyson :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,979 ✭✭✭✭walshb

colly10 wrote: »
    My roomate know who Tyson is but she doesn't know any golfers. That make it 2 nill to tyson :D

She sounds really thick!

Advertisement