Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody know of any hatchback style saloons that are dog friendly?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

langdang wrote: »
    The V50 is a handsome estate and is no bigger than a focus estate I'd say. Certainly not as big as a mondeo estate and probably not as big as a Mondeo 5dr/liftback/hatchback saloon. But still big enough for one big dog.

What's her problem with estates? "Too big"? My suggestion above solves that.
    She afraid ye'll look like a respectable couple with a big dog? Afraid of the "oh so when are the babies coming?" crap that automatically follows buying an estate in Ireland?

Sorry if the above sounds like a bit of a rant, but I can't get over the negativity towards estates in Ireland - if you like dogs, various outdoor sports, DIY, being able to transport washing machines or whatever - estate is the job. A lot of the newer ones are even nicer than their saloon counterparts!

+1!
    Estates are madly popular in Germany, I just cannot figure out why people here don't like them?:confused:
    Just so much more practical.
    From the dogs point of view:
    I had a Focus estate and it was brilliant for the dogs, exactly the right amount of room for them. Bought a CMax and the sides are too high and the boot is too small, the dogs don't like it and because they cannot see out they tend to get sick.
    I now have to lie all the seats flat so the dogs take over the entire rear of the car.
    Putting dogs into an enclosed boot is cruel IMO, it's cramped, it's dark, the dog cannot see what's going on, it will only stress them unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

18872974.jpg

Advertisement