Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Romances - Yay or Nay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

yay, as long as she's willing to photocopy her bewbs for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

My husband used to be the head chef where I worked, I was sous chef and I was leaving to work in Mauritius when he came in as head chef thought hmmm he's cute will stay on for another month, married now 10 yrs 3 kids, happy out. Never got to see Mauritius though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭amacca

if both parties are happy not to be all weird the next day

I didn't even get as far as a first date the last time I asked someone in work out.

turned out I mistook normal friendliness (with a hint of flirting/or perhaps wishful thinking on my part) for interested in me and asked out a girl already in a relationship (probably long term and serious).....which no doubt the dog on the street knew about

Things I learned

despite my not wanting it to and making efforts for it not to get weird afterwards..it sort of did (I think) so a workplace relationship gone wrong could have v.awkward social consequences...............although strangely I'm not embarrassed and I really don't care about the car crash of a social situation I've once again bungled my way into in typical inspector clouseauesque fashion (I do care shes with someone else mind but cant do anything about that unfortunately - a professional hit had crossed my mind :D)

I really should find out if the person already has a significant other (in my defense I'm not on Facebook and I didn't want to be asking questions from others in the workplace)

Despite this I'd like to say to the OP....ignore the no doubt likely negative consequences if it doesn't work out etc and go for it if you like her................if you do like her and do nothing you will probably regret it more

such is life...anything worth having or doing comes with risk attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Nay, what if you break up or she realises you have a small willy and tells everyone :eek:

or if she has a smelly mary and he tells everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

amacca wrote: »

Despite this I'd like to say to the OP....ignore the no doubt likely negative consequences if it doesn't work out etc and go for it if you like her................if you do like her and do nothing you will probably regret it more

such is life...anything worth having or doing comes with risk attached.

True!
    a funny thing about regret is, that it is better to regret something that you have done than to regret something you haven't done.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Office romances-Yay

Office one night stands on work night outs where everyone knows-Yay cause I was never involved and love the gossip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

You gotta smash it where you can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Three hours at Christmas followed by mutual amnesia usually does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I'll always remember the day when the new girl from accounts was introduced round the office. 19 years and two kids later, happy days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

The sexual tension between me and my workmate is what led to me becoming with child

• Advertisement

Nay, what if you break up or she realises you have a small willy and tells everyone :eek:
    or if she has a smelly mary and he tells everyone

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

murraykil wrote: »
    Is it a good idea to start dating someone from your workplace?

Any AH folk want to share their experiences of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlA9bNk3b5Q

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

People forget this, you can meet the love of your life anwhere, in any sitution.

It very misleading, and I was misled in the day too, to believing there is some magical place you can go to meet "the one".

Teenagers are told they will meet the opposite sex/ same sex if they're gay by going to discos.

If you just be yourself, and be as confident as you are in your own skin, and meeting new people anything can come of it.

Work is no different, being mature would probably help though:p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

7 months later I return to say that it was a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

murraykil wrote: »
    7 months later I return to say that it was a bad idea.
    Well don't stall! Tell us what happened??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Well don't stall! Tell us what happened??

And any compromising videos can now safely go on Redtube

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

For secret affairs yay, office romances nay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Great idea...Unless you work in the family business :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

phill106 wrote: »
    Great idea...Unless you work in the family business :)
    That is 100% true....her father didn't like me as it was, got canned within weeks. I did post him back a pair of her knickers though as my little revenge! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

worst idea ever!!

Years ago I ended up going out with my boss, I was fresh out of college he was obviously a bit older anyway he got a bit intense for my young age at the time and in the heel of the hunt I ended up having to find a new job because it was all a bit to much

Don't s**t where you eat that's what I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Nay, the only way for an office romance to work out is if one leaves their job and works somewhere else.

Advertisement