Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Romances - Yay or Nay?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Is it a good idea to start dating someone from your workplace?

Any AH folk want to share their experiences of this?

Amorous Workplace Relationships - Yes or No? 93 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    52% 49 votes
    Maybe baby
    47% 44 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

nay, unless they're hot and single. And you're single. And you don't really plan on working there for long. Or they're hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Nay, what if you break up or she realises you have a small willy and tells everyone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I always assumed that everyone was doing everyone in most workplaces. I watch too much tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Nay, what if you break up or she realises you have a small willy and tells everyone :eek:

Have you a small willy Jenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

phasers wrote: »
    I always assumed that everyone was doing everyone in most workplaces. I watch too much tv.

They may be, but it's best to keep it a secret for as long as possible!

• Advertisement

Romance noooo. Quick shag if both parties are happy not to be all weird the next day - sure why not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

murraykil wrote: »
    Is it a good idea to start dating someone from your workplace?

If you work in a crèche it might be a bad idea...

Romance noooo. Quick shag if both parties are happy not to be all weird the next day - sure why not!

Quick shag thing isn't really such an issue, it's the whole full-on relationship. Seeing them before, during and after work! :eek: Probably fine at first, but maybe no so in the long term. Then of course the office gossip!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Wouldn't be my thing but I know loads of people who met (and later got married/had kids together etc.) at work and started their relationships off as office romances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Don't shít where you eat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't work in an office, so nay...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

ball wrote: »
    Don't shít where you eat

Err, thanks for that... now, back to the subject at hand - how bout them office romances, eh??

There is a girl I have met in the dole office a few times, she is lovely and I am thinking of asking her out for a meal. Would that be an office romance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Don't shít where you eat

............unless she is into coprohphilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was wondering what the "maybe baby" thing was in the poll. Yikes. This thread just took a dark turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Have you a small willy Jenny?

Yes it haunts me every day.

Speaking from experience :(

There is a girl I have met in the dole office a few times, she is lovely and I am thinking of asking her out for a meal. Would that be an office romance?

Maybe, but you gotta ask her out first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Id rather grate my ball sack on a fine grater then go out with a woman i worked with that would suck balls....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

My last GF was someone I worked with. Even though we broke up it was all grand in the end. My only rule would be not to tell anyone where I worked that I was seeing somewhere in the office until the relationship is well established. Otherwise the gossip would be nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

I really hope this isn't a joke.

I'd love to tell people I met my wife in the dole queue

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You can take someone out for a meal? On the dole? :mad::mad::mad::mad: X100billionty&7

My taxes are paying for that, my mortgage, Im working 33 hours a day and eating out of bins, my mortgage, govt riding me and giving you everything for free, fine gael, my mortgage, hang the poor, my mortgage, pyjamas, tracksuits, children's allowance, my mortgage, spongers,welfare, flat screen tvs, mymortgagemymortgagemymortgagemymortgagemymortgagemymortgage

*foams at mouth*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

I have a lovely image of the two of you sharing a can of beans on the Liffey Boardwalk.*

*Please don't take offence, its a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Gee Bag wrote: »

I have a lovely image of the two of you sharing a can of beans on the Liffey Boardwalk.*

*Please don't take offence, its a joke!

I don't get the joke here ?

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    I don't get the joke here ?

pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Yep I met my hubbie in work and the boy friend previous. So long as you're mature enough to handle any issues and to keep work separate you're fine. If it all goes tits up so long as you act respectfully towards one another there's no issue. So mature and respectful guess that rules out most people in After Hours ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

sure what harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 huddledDuke12

As long as she's hot, sound and classy.................Hell Yeah!

I'd look forward to work if that were the case!:D

murraykil wrote: »
    Maybe, but you gotta ask her out first!
    I was waiting for AH approval.
    I really hope this isn't a joke.

I'd love to tell people I met my wife in the dole queue

No joke, who knows where you are going to meet people, I don't walk in there with my head down, I didn't choose unemployment.
    Bambi wrote: »
    You can take someone out for a meal? On the dole? :mad::mad::mad::mad: X100billionty&7

My taxes are paying for that, my mortgage, Im working 33 hours a day and eating out of bins, my mortgage, govt riding me and giving you everything for free, fine gael, my mortgage, hang the poor, my mortgage, pyjamas, tracksuits, children's allowance, my mortgage, spongers,welfare, flat screen tvs, mymortgagemymortgagemymortgagemymortgagemymortgagemymortgage

*foams at mouth*

Calm down, I give my JB to my elderly parents whose pensions were robbed by the evil bankers, I have worked all my adult life and have money and no mortgage.

Unemployment for me is not a choice just an annoying interruption to my working life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Yep I met my hubbie in work and the boy friend previous. So long as you're mature enough to handle any issues and to keep work separate you're fine. If it all goes tits up so long as you act respectfully towards one another there's no issue. So mature and respectful guess that rules out most people in After Hours ;-)

So you work with both your husband and your boyfriend? interesting :p

Advertisement