Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Last frame or so have been sloppy by O'Sullivan's high standards, but Robertson looks lost. His break building has been almost non existent. This is a huge frame imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Really surprised at the performance from Robertson today, he has'nt tried to slow the pace down and knock O'Sullivan off his stride.
    He can pot the balls as well as O'Sullivan does and has the safety to match, this match will begin to run away from him.
    As i said 8-0 is a very big possibility today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

this is awful collapsing,its like hes the player of 5 or 7 years ago:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Robertson is letting him back in... he's handing the table back to O'Sullivan after 10 or so points.

O'Sullivan isn't perfect, making mistakes for the sake of positional play, so is giving Robertson his chances. Only one or two per frame, mind.

Lucutus wrote: »
    Robertson is letting him back in... he's handing the table back to O'Sullivan after 10 or so points.

O'Sullivan isn't perfect, making mistakes for the sake of positional play, so is giving Robertson his chances. Only one or two per frame, mind.

That sums it up really, that O'Sullivan needs a couple of chances to win each frame and the fact that O'Sullivan needs a couple of chances and that Robertson is giving him these chances kind of sums up how they are both playing and to be honest it's not a great standard.

• Advertisement

9-5 now and Robertson must win the last two frames.

Another frame for O'Sullivan, but what the heck was Robertson thinking that snooker on the black was just silly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What a terrible shot he played to get himself snookered. He's truly ****ed now. He needs this frame or he can kiss the championship goodbye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Disappointing overall for a session that promised so much, it will take a massive improvement from Robertson to get back into this. fingers crossed.

Some good safety has given Robertson this chance, not beyond him to win this and the next and leave it at 9-7 going into tonight.

• Advertisement

Big moment for Robertson, good chance to win the frame.

Edit :And just as I posted that, his break ended.

Yes but it's the first time Robertson has played decent safety in this session. These are the frames he needs to win.

Key safety exchange this. So far Ronnie has been playing pretty good safeties when required.

9-6 and finally Robertson plays some decent safety. This session could have been a lot better for him if he adopted this approach earlier. All frames are big in these championships but this last frame is vital for Robertson, a difference of two frames or four.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Some pot on the red to hit off the black. Important frame for Robertson.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

9-7 O'Sullivan going into tonight and although O'Sullivan didn't play great this afternoon I feel he may have missed a trick, all 8 frames were there for the taking.
    Robertson will be delighted to get out 2 behind.
    All to play for tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TheHopeful

Was delighted Robertson won the last 2 frames. 10-6 behind and id give him no chance, at 9-7 he's got a glimmer. Still think Ronnie will canter over the winning line though.

I thought Ronnie was awful lucky this afternoon, it seemed every time he missed a shot or played a bad safety he left little or nothing on, and it was the opposite with Robertson. Poor from Ronnie in the last 2 frames though, he handed them on a plate to Robertson. That brown to the middle was ridiculous.

Was surprised at Robertsons pace at the start today too. He slowed down a lot near the end and you could see Ronnie gettin frustrated.

I hope Neil can prove me wrong and push him all the way, but that Ronnie wins, 13-12 :)

In the other match, im sure Carters experience will get him over the line, although ive been very impressed with Jones, and he's very unlucky to be behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Think Robertson will win despite being 2 behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

iMuse wrote: »
    Think Robertson will win despite being 2 behind.

I think he could as well. Win the first frame or 2 of tonights session and id favour him to progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Ronnie threatening to go off the boil again:mad:

Looking good there now though. He seems well focused this tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Or maybe not!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Feck sake, the third frame. I'm not that late.:(

I actually think O`sullivan is the best snooker player ever. Can play at a level that no one else can.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ronnie's long balls have been godlike. He is playing the best snooker I've seen him play in years. Really think he can win the tournament now, though Ali might have something to say about that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Ronnie's long balls have been godlike. He is playing the best snooker I've seen him play in years. Really think he can win the tournament now, though Ali might have something to say about that :P

ali an ronnie final with ronnie to win :)

• Advertisement

Ken must be reading my posts he's pretty much said the same thing I've said :D

Advertisement