Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week Voting Thread 2012 Onwards

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Last weeks winner here

Voting for next week starts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Ok, I nominate Steadfast by Forefather

Forefather_Steadfast.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Gonna go with Amorphis again this week.

Amorphis - Skyforger

Amorphis_-_Skyforger.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

+1 Skyforger.

There appears to be a dwindling interest in the AOTW thread in recent weeks so i'm going to put it on ice for a while. Maybe in the new year i'll revisit it and give it another go.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    There appears to be a dwindling interest in the AOTW thread in recent weeks so i'm going to put it on ice for a while. Maybe in the new year i'll revisit it and give it another go.

There doesn't seem to be as much activity in the Rock/metal forum lately. Has the Classic Rock Form affected it???

Passenger wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be as much activity in the Rock/metal forum lately. Has the Classic Rock Form affected it???

I don't think it's had an effect on it. R&M,like many forums on Boards goes through peaks and troughs during the year. It's often influenced by new releases/gigs etc,particularly by some of the bigger,more established acts.

Like everything in life,sometimes people just don't feel like talking. Things will no doubt pick up again as they usually do.:)

lord lucan wrote: »
    Like everything in life,sometimes people just don't feel like talking. Things will no doubt pick up again as they usually do.:)

Aye, suppose that's true enough alright. As for AOTW, I think it has run its course this time. No doubt people will be clamoring for it to be reinstated in a few months only for it to peter out again. It is a great idea if only it elicited more conversation.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Passenger wrote: »
    Aye, suppose that's true enough alright. As for AOTW, I think it has run its course this time. No doubt people will be clamoring for it to be reinstated in a few months only for it to peter out again. It is a great idea if only it elicited more conversation.

:)

Its odd it doesn't get more interest because its requires even less thought than the song title game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For me it's a case of I look at it having seen stuff with 3-4 votes, and know I can't win it with something I'd pick, so I intend to get something in early the next week and I inevitably forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

We're so close to having a definitive list of the top 100 rock/metal albums as voted by the good people of Boards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yep should let it go until at least the 100 mark.

Could just be a week or two where many of the regular voters are busy or away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Also I think it needs to be a Monday to Sunday thing rather than having it run longer some votes as it makes it easier to overlook if you log into the thread a week later and discover the same vote is still ongoing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I haven't been on much lately but I'd usually always vote, but if there isn't enough interest what can you do?

With xmas approaching and everything that goes with it i think we'll leave the thread be until the new year. Once the festivities are over we'll give it a go and get it to the magic 100 mark.

Advertisement