Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prank calls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Few months back, my friend had a really bad breakup with this girl. So one of my other mates decided to prank phonecall the girl pretending to be the other guy. He pretended to be crying and started saying stuff like, "Oh please baby, take me back I f*cking love ya" "I can't live without ya". Not sure what happened after that but we all had a laugh over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

This is bad

My friends and I used to ring up people from the phonebook at about 3am

me: Hello is this Mr X
    Mr X: Yes
    me: Hello Mr X, my name is doctor peter swanson from vincents hosptital, I am afraid there's been an accident.
    Mr X: yes, is everything ok
    <pause for suspense >
    me: I seem to have spilled my beer, my can of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bison_Green

Ah good aul prank calls.Been listening to this guy Howard Stern(the American 'shock jock',did that movie 'Private Parts' awhile back).He has two guys on his show called Sal and Richard whose only job is to make prank phonecalls(mostly winding up other radio stations)..Some of 'em are pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Jerky boys, tube bar, john the nazi, the arnie tapes these were done to death back in the day. My pal gavin would call people up n serenade them with his flute 'hello, mr Buckley here's a tune for ye' but that was more of an honour than a prank

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

FUGG KEW!!! This is Frank Garret..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I was never any good at prank calls, couldn't stay serious. Thats probably why im useless at telling jokes too.

Love this vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

when i was younger some of my mates prank called our house and my ma answered. They wound her up good and proper with some funny jape, but she recognised their voices and told me. I nipped around and kicked seven shades of sh1te out of them. It was hillarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Amazing Spiderman

Skype is an excellent tool for prank calls! You can use it to call toll free numbers from the UK, France, USA, Poland and a few other countries. Its great putting two companies in a call together so that it looks like they both rang each other. The yanks have the best reactions to this! This way, you don't even need to come up with a hilarious and witty story or voice. All you have to do is sit back and laugh at their confusion. TROLOLOL :D I really need to grow up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

So after just thinking the other day about how prank calling has been long dead, I receive one tonight. The pranker played some english recording (Reminded me of something like Faulty Towers accent) of a woman saying loads of stuff then all I remember is 'Silence in the court' ' Are you happy now?'.

Anyway I've no idea what that was about and thought AH would be a good place to get some good stories about pranks you did/received or even something smart ass to reply to them? I always want a good reply but my mind goes blank as I sit their quietly estimating how much credit they're currently wasting.

Sounds like twas a Judge Judy Soundboard. Plenty of those on the go now - twas one of your friends imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Years ago myself and my brother organised a house party as my parents were on holidays. Plan was to meet in the local pub first and then everyone back to our house.
    So a few of us were having some drinks in my house before the pub. Door bell rings,pizza delivery man with 60 quids worth of food,i told him he had the wrong house,then just as he was leaving a taxi and another take away van pull up, I realise what's happening and explain to them,neither are too happy. As Im explaining to them another 3 taxis and two take away vans pull up. As you can imagine they start getting really paved.
    This went on for about 2 hours.
    So party went ahead but the next day no taxis would come out to bring people home.

This was 10 yrs ago and every so often when i get a taxi home the taxi driver Will mention that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Jesus memories. Me and two friends did it not long ago when we knew our friends were out drinking. Rang them at 3am, hi can I make an order for delivery.
    This isn't a takeaway.
    Yeah can I get a medium peperoni passion, cookies, a can of coke.
    They hang up, ring back and repeat looking for a taxi, Chinese food...

Funny for us.

Just did the argos reservation one. Put my friend down for a dining table and chairs, beard trimmer, car seat, walk in greenhouse, washing machine and kite.

I need to grow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fonejacker is great, 3e is running it at the moment. mr doovde and terry tibbs are class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

kjl wrote: »
    This is bad

My friends and I used to ring up people from the phonebook at about 3am

me: Hello is this Mr X
    Mr X: Yes
    me: Hello Mr X, my name is doctor peter swanson from vincents hosptital, I am afraid there's been an accident.
    Mr X: yes, is everything ok
    <pause for suspense >
    me: I seem to have spilled my beer, my can of beer.

Jaysus, that's awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cork F.M.'s famous chimney-cleaner wind up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=039ZY60RF6U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Back in the day when our home phone number was five digits :eek:...

We frequently got calls from people who thought we were the local video shop as their number was the same with the last two digits inverted.

They were usually calling to ask for a video (They were videos in dem days) to be held (yes, you did this back in the day, they had a very limited number of copies and demand outstripped supply).

I did get sick of telling people that they had the wrong number and explaining why so sometimes I would just say yes, 'Yes, I will hold The Shawshank Redemption' for you, no problem.'

I smell BS!

Shawshank was released waaaaay after the move to 6 digits...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I smell BS!

Shawshank was released waaaaay after the move to 6 digits...

My Mam and Dad only have 5 digits in their phone number, plus 3 for the area code!! It's like a half a phone number:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Just remembered this.
    Used to travel down to cork every week to see my boyfriend at the time. He'd book the train for me, reserve me a seat....and put my name down as Robin Houses, Emma Roids, Free Hugs, Loves Anal or other stupid names.

Used to sit in the seat across from it and see what poor fool had to sit there when it got busy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Headshot wrote: »
    Is your fridge running? You better run and catch it

It's you'd ring and say you were the water works and to check if your water is running and if they said yes then you would say well you better run after it!

Jack Russell in the phone book too.

Or ring up Dublin zoo and ask could you speak to Annie Lions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Or ring up Dublin zoo and ask could you speak to Annie Lions.

Ger Raffe is a good one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

The various Flash soundboards on Ebaumsworld were hilarious, although didn't work as well against Irish people. The Al Pacino ones were my favourite:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Heard one a while ago on the net, was pretty class.

This english dudes ring a welsh pizza delivery place like dominoe's and in broken english asks him the following :

Hello, do you do liver ?
    Yes we de-liver

Can I get a pizza please with liver, pepperoni

Pizza man cuts him off right there, No we don't do f**king liver on a pizza you *** twat

( pizza man must know they're taking the piss and must have recieved loads of calls of them before as he goes beserk down the phone.

v funny - must try to dig that one out

think this is it http://videosift.com/video/Scott-Mills-Vs-Angry-Scottish-Pizza-Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

This is the one. It's radio 1 dj Scott Mills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0TxfwB3BWQ

Also a good one form the rubberbandits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8OrE_wVU_4

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

we used to do them in my old job when it wasnt busy.best 1 was 1 of the girls rang up mountjoy when the gaurd answerd she was hyper ventilating pretending she was going into labour and asked could she talker to her "fella jono".poor bastard **** hmself n tried passing the call onto the chaplin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

My mates put my number up on done deal last year saying I was selling chickens goats and calves.

I had 37 phone calls in the space of about 3 hours and by 3 days later I was up the feckin walls.

Was quite a good one lookin back on it now. Never underestimate the amount of phone calls a farmer will make on the promise of a free animal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Rang the Irish psychic help-line & asked them, "did you know I was going to call you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

I always enjoyed this one

http://www.dudemasters.com/prankcalls/security1.mp3
    (nsfw)

if only for the use of the expression "chisels in the hip"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

this is my fav, kind of like a prank call in reverse, very angry guy doesnt like being called at home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

My mates put my number up on done deal last year saying I was selling chickens goats and calves.

I had 37 phone calls in the space of about 3 hours and by 3 days later I was up the feckin walls.

Was quite a good one lookin back on it now. Never underestimate the amount of phone calls a farmer will make on the promise of a free animal!!!

We done that to one of our mates.

A couple of days before the All Ireland final we put an ad up selling 2 tickets for the hill @ face value. We attatched his number. He had 500 odd messages after an hour or so. He had to switch his phone off for a few days. :pac:

Advertisement