Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The IMC in Action in IRAN

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

Bring on the forum,imc dont want it to play out in public so surely a private forum can help ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Khannie wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I've had a "whopping" 2 pro fights against Irish lads. One against donkey and one against Andrew Doyle.

And even those matches would have been a bit of a stretch, weight wise, as in Donk usually fights around 55kg and Doyle 56-57kg? whearas you'd be more comfortable 60-62 now? Only person around that weight left for you to fight in the IMC is Ollin I'd imagine.
    Getting close to the same boat myself which is why I'd really love to see some movement on this and why I would just have assumed that it was something that was being worked towards, even if it is just to get the ban removed.

Hopefully the prospect of more fights, more experience for Irish fighters, more shows, bigger promotions and the growth of the sport is too tempting for the politics to continue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gregmarah

theres some very very talented fighters in both camps and i personally would love to see them fighting. I don't know enough whats going on in the background of the politics of all this but its a mouth watering prospect of a lot more shows going on in Ireland. Ill be divorced with all the traveling :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

A few more PM's overnight. Still waiting on the coaches to opt in. Sure it's obvious what the fighters want.
    Peetrik wrote: »
    And even those matches would have been a bit of a stretch, weight wise, as in Donk usually fights around 55kg and Doyle 56-57kg? whearas you'd be more comfortable 60-62 now?

I'd say 59-61 for me. Nearly all my fights have been at 60. Haven't had to make 59 yet. Donkey was at 60. That was a long time ago. He used to be that heavy, once. :D Andrew was at 60 as well. That's heavier than he'd usually fight alright, but at the time he was coming back from a break if memory serves me. But yeah, he was probably giving away weight to take the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

Only my opinion here

... but fighters should stick to fighting, and leave the coaching and problems associated with it to the coaches.

I had tried to get something off the ground and a few coaches were good enough to arrange to meet with myself and John Walsh in cork, unfortunately my fighter Al Gannons opponent wasnt able to fight, so i didnt drive down, but I do feel if a few of us got together it wouldnt take too much effort to get some of the problems sorted out.

I hope to get the same organised in Cork soon, as long as I could incoporate the long drive with taking fighters to a show or watching a show.

Forums public or not are never the place in my opinion to sort problems out as messages can be construed or misunderstood.

The mention of the word politics is often thrown around in these types of discussions, even idiots not involved in anyway ask me on the phone when will we all sort out our politics. I think first and foremost its health and safety, with a view to moving Muay Thai in this country towards the Olympics.

Again this is only my opinion

Oh and also best of luck to Stephen Hodgers... I suppose initially thats was thi post was about.

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

chprt wrote: »
    fighters should stick to fighting, and leave the coaching and problems associated with it to the coaches.

Yeah your dead right Paddy its just difficult not to form opinions especially when your passionate about your sport, opinons that are undoubtedly wrong when, like me, you don't know any of the details.

Human nature to try and 'fix' problems I suppose, plus its hard not to get caught up by, as Greg put it, "the mouth watering prospects" of the different match ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gregmarah

ya your right Paddy , but since it affects the fighters its hard not to have an opinion on the matter (once its constructive and not insulting or constantly having a pop off an other individual). I think what most people want is to get the coaches and gym owners together and at least talk about this and see where it goes from there. THINK OF THE NORTHERN IRELAND PEACE AGREEMENT!!!! who would of thought Mr McGuinness and Rev Paisley would even be in the same building together :D:D:D:D:D . This is a sport lads where it should be enjoyed by everyone and theres a lot more serious issues out there than this ... We have a fantastic talented set of fighters here in this country that any country would be proud of and would be great if we could all work together in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Langka

Yea good luck to Stephen.

Advertisement