Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The IMC in Action in IRAN

Options
  • 14-04-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

The Irish Mauythai Council will be sending a fighter to Iran
    IMC Head Coach Craig O'Flynn and fighter Stephan Hodger Irish Champion Sitjaipetch Louth will be represnt Ireland in a major world event in which one or two top fighters from every nation around the World will competing to be the best and represent Muaythai Sport Standers of there Nations
    Stephan Hodgers has seid this is a great honour for him to represent the IMC, Ireland and to be selected for this and will be in Top Shape for this Event
    Irish Team Coach Craig O'Flynn Seid Stephan has a big Challenge ahead of him but is well able and has really begun to be a real challenger to the World Class Fighters

Irish Muaythai Council

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Andrew H

Best of luck Craig and Stephan.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Best of luck. I've been there with work (and trained there in fact :)). Beautiful country with very friendly people and amazing food.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sean long

besr off luck stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stephen louth thai

Thanks for the support lads . Trainings going well and really glad to have been given the opportunity to fight in Iran as the Irish representative . Ill be sure to do my utmost best !!

stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gregmarah

when is this again stephen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Siamdragon

Hi thanks for the support lads,
    Greg this Event is in Tehran the Capital of Iran we will be flying out on the 3rd of May 3 days after I get back from Thailand, it be a great chance for Stephan to Show his Skills and talent, we are back on the 9th of May, Then we fly out again on the 11th of May with a full Irish Team to the 4 Nations which is going to be another great event for the I.M.C Fighters and Coaches to show there skills to a vast audience of Martial arts fans from around the world and remember we won this Event last Year so Irealnd are the defending Champion Nation so Busy Month for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eddy L

Good luck to Stephen with out doubt one of the best fighters in the country.

I find Siamdragons post a little bit vain kinda rubing your nose in it.Posts a lot under his personal account on IMC topic news and updates and is supposedly not the main man on the council.

Eddy , if u notice the post was directed at me ... go blab to someone who gives a ****e at what u say

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

Public forum boy,pm info if ur that sensitive..,dont know him but good luck s h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yeah best of luck to Stephen, top fighter and well deserved

• Advertisement

gregmarah wrote: »
    Eddy , if u notice the post was directed at me ... go blab to someone who gives a ****e at what u say

Gregmarah you asked stephen when was this again.

Siamdragon replied with the date and letting us all now its 3 days after he returns from thailand and then further talks about the four nations event which is already up on separate topic no relevant to the topic.

Do you not train under siamdragon and see him in the gym.

Siamdragon wrote: »
    The Irish Mauythai Council will be sending a fighter to Iran
    IMC Head Coach Craig O'Flynn and fighter Stephan Hodger Irish Champion Sitjaipetch Louth will be represnt Ireland in a major world event in which one or two top fighters from every nation around the World will competing to be the best and represent Muaythai Sport Standers of there Nations
    Stephan Hodgers has seid this is a great honour for him to represent the IMC, Ireland and to be selected for this and will be in Top Shape for this Event
    Irish Team Coach Craig O'Flynn Seid Stephan has a big Challenge ahead of him but is well able and has really begun to be a real challenger to the World Class Fighters

Irish Muaythai Council

Craig is siamdragon

So he must be interviewing himself(i hope not in front of a mirror using a hair brush as a mic)

Irish team coach Craig OFlynn said Stephen has a big ahead of him.

Look all the best to any of the IMC lads fighting under the Irish flag but where not stupid reading theses forums you will not pull the wool over my eyes.

Set up and IMC user name and post under that and try not glorify a simple amauter event to be something it not.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭antybots

I thought there were forum rules against personally attacking posters :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Yea but Eddy L seems to get a free pass :rolleyes:

Eddyl the keyboard warrior seems to do nothing else but get off on attacks on craig o flynn and the imc , but whatever gets a lad turned on !!! . theres people calling for all the Muay Thai clubs in Ireland to get together as one but with crap like this being constantly posted with petty little digs all the time thats never gonna happen

So because of one persons words the rest of the Irish muaythai scene suffers,sound...

theres people calling for all the Muay Thai clubs in Ireland to get together as one but with crap like this being constantly posted with petty little digs all the time thats never gonna happen

I love the idea of a united organisation for the whole of Ireland, mostly because I want a crack at some of the nonIMC fighters as the politics itself are boring as fcuk.

I know not all parties are keen on the idea of public debate on the merits or downsides of the IMC and some parties probably couldn't say two words to each other without becoming unreasonable... so how about a private anonymous message board/forum where both IMC and nonIMC clubs can put forward their main suggestions of what needs to happen for unity.

Then once the main dealbreaker points have been laid out the atual council and other club managers can sit down and iron out the details?

A private board is one way to start the process but differences need to be aired so the situation can begin to be fixed and most people dont know why there's problems,i know i dont ,and dont anyone get thick ok this is just my take on it...

A private board is one way to start the process but differences need to be aired so the situation can begin to be fixed and most people dont know why there's problems,i know i dont ,and dont anyone get thick ok this is just my take on it...

In my opinion i think its gone personal, and when it gets personal i think its very hard to mend .. I know for a fact i and a whole bunch of others in our gym have gone and supported other gyms fight nights and have sold tickets for friends of ours who are in these gyms as fighters. As Pat said what needs to be done is let the powers to be in each organization to get together and have a talk about this and stop the immature school yard digs made by some people who have a personal vendetta on individuals. And Andy you have a good point , some people are talking ****e without knowing the facts. I don't either :p:p:p

Andy cmon im not an Andy.....ALAN haha

• Advertisement

Andy cmon im not an Andy.....ALAN haha

see thats how scraps start , sorry Alan :D

A private board is one way to start the process but differences need to be aired so the situation can begin to be fixed

Only downside to this is that every suspicion and paranoid imagining gets flung around in public with it... a private accusation can be settled with an apology whereas public accusations carry a bit more weight and are a lot more hassle to fix.
    And Andy you have a good point , some people are talking ****e without knowing the facts. I don't either

Yep, I've no idea either. My concern is it has started to trickle down from personal issues between club managers to the club members themselves as its the fighters themselves that bear the brunt of the political infighting, no need to give an example I'm sure.

Still a chance for compromises to be made. Fair play to whoever swallows their pride and gets the ball rolling, they'll be showing themselves to be the bigger man in my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

I think it could be very hard to get all the parties involved that would need to be there in order to achieve a unified council as there are obvious difficulties with them talking to each other.

But perhaps a private board could work.

If these main parties did not want to come together because of personal reasons etc. then perhaps they would listen to their fighters because its the fighters on both sides who suffer.

We all know and would love to see the match ups that could happen, some rip roaring fights no doubt.

So lets see what the fighters say.... could a poll be carried out or a vote or a meeting with their head coach etc to let their views be heard on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seamus cogan

with respect lads there seems to be a misconception of whats goin on here regarding the IMC and the rest of the Irish Thai Boxing community, its not that we're locked in some kind of dispute. its very simple the IMC have banned all their clubs from paticipating in our events,including refereeing and judgeing. my club were joined the IMC but we were thrown out because I chose to fight Luke Turner on Martins show, there a litany of bannings and interference i could go into. its not a complicated problem just lift the ban and we'll all get back to fighting

Sounds simple enough,the ban is the heart of this problem so to solve the problem you make the ban disappear...after that surely Irish muaythai can only get stronger..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Netural

So what a facebook petition to the IMC to please remove the ban as its having a negative effect on the sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

I think the will of the fighters is clear they all want to see a joining up of all the clubs and what a prospect that would be, endless fights of top quality.

Some compromise needed and some willingness to forget the past and move on.

Im sure it would be difficult to begin with but it would get easier Im sure.

Lets see it happen and as Pat said, hopefully somebody will have the courage to make the first move and get it rolling.

Eddy's taking a break from the forum folks....

In future can people report the posts please. I only saw this now.

Peetrik wrote: »
    how about a private anonymous message board/forum where both IMC and nonIMC clubs can put forward their main suggestions of what needs to happen for unity.

Really good idea IMO. I'm happy to set up a private forum on here, or off boards (I have access to a server that I can set it up on) if people want to talk.

• Advertisement

RedRaven wrote: »
    We all know and would love to see the match ups that could happen, some rip roaring fights no doubt.

Personally it wouldn't be the top end fights I'd be most interested in. There is obviously a shortage of fighters in the country at nearly every weight once you hit C class professional and it only gets worse beyond that. People can see that coming like a freight train from amateur level. It has to be damaging the sport.

Off the top of my head I've had a "whopping" 2 pro fights against Irish lads. One against donkey and one against Andrew Doyle. Every other fight has been an international. With a larger pool of people to fight, it would make the sport better for everyone including promoters who wouldn't have to pay flight fees as often (and would probably make more money on domestic match ups), coaches who wouldn't have to go abroad as often, fighters who would get more fights, etc. etc. etc.

edit: That offer of a private forum still stands if anyone is interested.....I have had 1 PM so far.

Advertisement