Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on Fuel 2: Gustafsson v Silva **Spoilers in thread**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Hes original fight was to be nog but nog got injured

Ah yeah I know that, I just couldn't put 2 + 2 together there. Bit of a dumb moment from me!

When I said he should be given Nog or Bader next I just meant I'd still like to see him fight Nog and not bypass that fight altogether because of injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Dean09 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I know that, I just couldn't put 2 + 2 together there. Bit of a dumb moment from me!

When I said he should be given Nog or Bader next I just meant I'd still like to see him fight Nog and not bypass that fight altogether because of injury.

No problem. Like him to fight rampage or machida to see if he be ready for the loser of Evans and Jones.
    The fight with rampage won't happen as he wants to hand pick his fights and leave UFC.
    Think he needs a few more fights before a title fight or it could ruin he's career like hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

IMO Gustafsson won't be able to deal with the takedowns of Bader or Hendo. I don't see him outstriking Machida either. The guy is good but he is being hyped up way to much. Jon Jones would crush him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only getting around to watching this now, but Maguire's sub on Johnson was as good a sub win as I've seen in an age !!!!!! Very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Yeah just finished watching this last night and Maguire was excellent, great control and worked the arm bar to perfection.

Stann is one classy bloke, he even stopped punching before the ref stopped the fight. I also hate this all American crap but I really have warmed to him on the back of the fight.

Gustafsson looked very good but the fight really suited him. I would like to see how he fares off his back against a high level Jiu Jitsu fighter or a wrestler. He is by no means the finished article but he could cause some serious problems to a lot of fighters. His inexperience showed when he could and should have finished the fight off and he also left his head out there and was lucky not to get caught... plus he was a bit disrespectful to Silva when he twiddled his toes (albeit funny as hell).

All in all it was a good night of fights, looking forward to Jones/ Evans now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only finished watching earlier, love it when an event that looks dull on paper in terms of it's filled with fighters I don't follow turns out to be full of great finishes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

calex71 wrote: »
    Only finished watching earlier, love it when an event that looks dull on paper in terms of it's filled with fighters I don't follow turns out to be full of great finishes :)
    I don't think this ever looked dull, small names yeah, but all of these guys were finishing bouts.

Filling out the fantasy predictions, I was thinking that I was choosing sub finish alot. Turned out pretty accurate. 6 out of 12 were sub finishes

Advertisement