Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Story

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

buck65 wrote: »
    I'm great thanks, why did you suck off the boss if you don't mind me asking?

Perhaps he was looking for a pay rise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

some men just like sucking other mens cocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

op, you suck.
    stop being bad at the internet !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Babybuff wrote: »
    some men just like sucking other mens cocks.
    This is true. Seems a strange thing to include in an inspirational tale of human achievement versus soulless corporatism though. I guess cocksucking is an achievement too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The Radiator should change his name to The Plagiariser.

http://redditlist.com/comments

You should be ashamed of yourself. Here was Pighead cursing you for such a Godawful thread when in reality he should have been cursing 'Absurd Web Lingo'.

no, just thought it was worthy to note that men can suck cocks without there being any other reason than the fact that they want to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

kylith wrote: »
    I'm a telemarketer and I hate myself.

What I hate even more, though, is how horrible people are to me just because I'm a telemarketer.

I don't really have much sympathy for you. You're doing a job that's intrusive and contemptuous of people's time. I'm not convinced that your company has any right to interrupt someone's day but I'm certain that they have a right to tell you to fcuk off for doing it.
    Next time you're talking to one bear in mind that we don't want to call you. there's a manager sitting there listening to everything, and we'll get a bollocking if we don't try to pester you.

No one's making you do this job. Do something else. Yea, there's a recession blah, blah, blah. Work as a cashier, sweep the streets, clean loos... do something that doesn't offend people. Despite your weak refutations, you're a telemarketer by choice. No one's making you do this job.

I agree that you're entitled to make a living but not at my expense. There seems to be an arrogant perception that your company and you have a right to my time. Well, that's not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

I worked with phones once but I kept cutting people off so I jacked that in. The world is a safer place now.

Cryptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Pighead wrote: »

You should be ashamed of yourself. Here was Pighead cursing you for such a Godawful thread when in reality he should have been cursing 'Absurd Web Lingo'.

Because Boards isn't full of plagiarism. Take a look at YLYL, 95% of the stuff is from reddit, 9gag etc.

• Advertisement

Because Boards isn't full of plagiarism. Take a look at YLYL, 95% of the stuff is from reddit, 9gag etc.

Jaysus, that's pretty embarrassing isn't it, Radiator? It wasn't even a good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Lavish attention on me! Validate me, fellow Boards people!

After Hours is the last bastion of originality we have left. Sort yourself out and use that brain of yours buddy.

Imagine all the musicians in the world shared your attitude. "Leave us alone Pighead man. Why should we create new music? Take a look at the charts and you'll see that 95% of the songs there are cover versions"

C'mon Radiator give Pighead some originality. start a thread that nobody in the history of the universe has ever started before. Dig into the deepest recesses of your wonderful brain and conjure up an original thought.

As a wiseman once said- It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Over to creative writing forum with you Radiator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I think The Radiator is broken

hows that for originality :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

After Hours is the last bastion of originality we have left.

Then why are the majority of threads duplicates of ones posted in the last week. It's the same sh!te over and over

no, just thought it was worthy to note that men can suck cocks without there being any other reason than the fact that they want to
    Its more out of place than Ian Paisley at the million man march though.

Then why are the majority of threads duplicates of ones posted in the last week. It's the same sh!te over and over
    And your helping to fix this problem by.....copying and pasting. USE YOUR BRAIN. Homework for the weekend= One original thread in After Hours by this time next week. Thread can include anything in the whole world but words must be processed through your wonderful big old noggin.

Don't be a part of the problem. Be a part of the solution. Together we can fix the lack of brain usage around these parts The Radiator. Over the next few weeks we shall knock out original thread after original thread. We shall be showered with love and devotion from the AH regulars. The next generation will look up to us and they too will be inspired by the power of original thought. Together we can save the facsimile generation.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Its more out of place than Ian Paisley at the million man march though.

it was in response to the multiple (sarcastic) comments which implied the op was a bit of a cock sucker for personal gain. Don't read threads much do you boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    I don't really have much sympathy for you. You're doing a job that's intrusive and contemptuous of people's time. I'm not convinced that your company has any right to interrupt someone's day but I'm certain that they have a right to tell you to fcuk off for doing it.
    Well, aren't you just charming? If you think that the right thing to do with people who have a horrible job is to 'tell them to fcuk off' then I hope you're plagued with telemarketers every day until the day you die as you're a very rude person.

Most people are nice about it. A simple "Thank you, but I'm not interested. Goodbye" is much appreciated.

No one's making you do this job. Do something else. Yea, there's a recession blah, blah, blah. Work as a cashier, sweep the streets, clean loos... do something that doesn't offend people. Despite your weak refutations, you're a telemarketer by choice. No one's making you do this job.
    No, no-one's making me do it, but a person gets a bit desperate after being on the dole for 6 months. In that time, and the 10 weeks I've been working here (yes, I'm looking for something less ****ty), this was the only call back I got. I'd love a job that doesn't involve taking ****, literal or figurative, but apparently nearly 10 years of admin experience isn't worth anything these days.
    I agree that you're entitled to make a living but not at my expense. There seems to be an arrogant perception that your company and you have a right to my time. Well, that's not true.
    And I agree that you have a right to be annoyed, but you don't have a right to take it out on someone who is, after all, just doing their job. You don't like it, I don't like it, but there it is. It's all very well to say 'get another job', but it's not that easy. If it was that easy I'd be doing a job I like. I'd ask you if you're hiring, but I wouldn't want to work with someone who has such an obnoxious attitude toward other people.

I would say that I hope you never have to do a job like this, but I'd be lying. Spending some time on the other side of the fence would be good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

After Hours is the last bastion of originality we have left. Sort yourself out and use that brain of yours buddy.

Imagine all the musicians in the world shared your attitude. "Leave us alone Pighead man. Why should we create new music? Take a look at the charts and you'll see that 95% of the songs there are cover versions"

C'mon Radiator give Pighead some originality. start a thread that nobody in the history of the universe has ever started before. Dig into the deepest recesses of your wonderful brain and conjure up an original thought.

As a wiseman once said- It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.

I agree with this 100%, I hate to see a genuinely funny original AH post lose out to a copy/paste job in YLYL for post of the day, it mightn't mean anything or be worth anything but it's nice to see originality rewarded even if it's only a token reward.

it was in response to the multiple (sarcastic) comments which implied the op was a bit of a cock sucker for personal gain. Don't read threads much do you boss.
    Its kind of stating the obvious though isn't it. I mean everyone knows that sometimes cocks get sucked without any particular goal in mind except to suck a cock. Why I myself enjoy getting my cock sucked, without providing personal, social, financial or professional remuneration in return. Am I cheap or charming? I leave it to you, gentle readers, to decide.

I'm not sure that there's any point in even using something like boards.ie if you're not original. What do you get by using other people's material? There's no financial benefit to posting on boards.ie, nor fame or adulation... which leaves only personal satisfaction.

Its kind of stating the obvious though isn't it.
    such is the point. :/

I think you're quite charming btw

Well, aren't you just charming? If you think that the right thing to do with people who have a horrible job is to 'tell them to fcuk off' then I hope you're plagued with telemarketers every day until the day you die as you're a very rude person.

I've never told anyone to fcuk off nor will I. However, I think that people have a right to if they wish.

I appreciate that people are required to do things in their jobs that they don't like or object to (e.g. shop assistants being obliged to up-sale) and shouldn't necessarily be criticised for that. My issue with telemarketing is that everything about it is objectionable. Along with door-to-door sales, I think that telemarketing should be illegal.
    but I wouldn't want to work with someone who has such an obnoxious attitude toward other people.

Well maybe I find the telemarketing industry obnoxious. Maybe I think that every time I get a call from someone they're really saying, "I don't value your time and I don't care if you've got something else to do. I'm going to talk to you".

I think that this has become a little too escalated and I'm sorry if I upset you. Fair play on working and I hope you find something you enjoy soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Not only should the OP be banned, everyone that thanked his OP should be banned. I only read it cos a load of people thanked it :mad:

such is the point. :/
    Well thank you for clearing up the finer points of cocksucking for the uninitiated and terminally ugly. As far as public service announcements on the sucking of cocks goes, its a winner. Although in the op's scenario, it does seem likely that the cock was sucked purely for personal gain, given the situation. Not that there's anything wrong with that, unless the op felt obliged or forced into sucking the cock.

Please, tell us your opinion on high pressure cock sucking vis a vis employment in the telemarketing sector.

Please, tell us your opinion on high pressure cock sucking vis a vis employment in the telemarketing sector.
    I would but I can't use a phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Bravo good sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm a telemarketer and I hate myself.

What I hate even more, though, is how horrible people are to me just because I'm a telemarketer. Next time you're talking to one bear in mind that we don't want to call you. We don't want to disturb you at home. We don't want to rattle off the same script for the 300th+ time that day, but there's a manager sitting there listening to everything, and we'll get a bollocking if we don't try to pester you.

I hate my job too.

I'm what's known as a Surprise Proctologist. I won't go into too much detail but all you need to know is that my job involves hanging around outside pubs, nightclubs, churches, offices, schools and creches and then waiting for unsuspecting clients so that they can be tested for piles.

When I spot someone vulnerable (old, young, disabled, drunk etc), I pounce on them from behind, pin then belly-down, remove their pants and digitally check for piles. Afterwards I inform my surprise-clients of their exam results.

You wouldn't believe the abuse I get. Once, an octogenarian nearly hit me with his zimmerframe. He roared and screamed and threatened to call the police on me. It turns out that he had piles and I don't think he was pleased to be informed of this nor do I think that he was impressed by the manner in which he found out.

Another time, some parent caught me just as I was in the final stages of examining his son outside school. He grabbed a golf club from the boot of his car and ran at me before I could fully confirm the existence or lack of piles. I tried to explain that I needed go back in to finish but this made him even angrier. Nothing I said would convince him that these checks are a vital part of HSE screening. He finally swung at me when I suggested that he was a bad parent. At that point, I ran and he grabbed his son, got into the car and gave chase. It was only by running into the Ilac Centre that I finally lost him. To this day, I don't know if his son has piles or not.

The point that I'm trying to make in my long-winded way is that I'm just doing my job. I don't deserve this abuse. Nobody likes having their rectum inspected unexpectedly but I don't like examining people either and there's no excuse for the rudeness and threats of violence that I have to put up with from people every day.

Remember, I'm just doing my job.

Advertisement